LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jun 22, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #301 of 1,391
  When I attended Axpona 2015 there were a few vendors that had Geek Pulse's out on display using their products. With in 15m of walking around 2 GP died at the same time.

Thats all I need to know about LH Labs.

Other than that LH labs is a train wreck. IMO they need to fire Galvin or muzzle him. He's too over the top and ridiculous at times. They need a good PR and Marketing Team without the owners or executives making things worse.

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the Pulse units on display at AXPONA, only one unit was not working as the vendors source was unable to connect properly.  They were using a portable player, I believe.  

But once again thanks for your feedback.  

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #302 of 1,391
The number of backers was as when they stopped taking the pre-order perks last on the V2 campaign, nowhere near the amount initially picked up on the marketplace site. I forgot how many but the number was very reasonable. So I would not be surprised if they could produce them all for them.

I was batch 22 which was scheduled for November.  I inquired with a ticket and they said I should receive mine by mid/late july.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #303 of 1,391
  I was batch 22 which was scheduled for November.  I inquired with a ticket and they said I should receive mine by mid/late july.

All V2/V2+ orders will have dramatically improved shipping times.  Everything is running incredible smooth with the entire production and fulfillment process.  We're working diligently to make this pre-order event impeccable.  

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #305 of 1,391

All V2/V2+ orders will have dramatically improved shipping times.  Everything is running incredible smooth with the entire production and fulfillment process.  We're working diligently to make this pre-order event impeccable.  

Kind of makes me wish I could swap my future vanilla Geek Pulse for a  Geek Out V2+ Infinity... 

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #306 of 1,391
Finally caved in and perked for a V2 Infinity!  Will most likely have a couple of GO 720's for sale when it arrives in Aug!

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #307 of 1,391

I'm glad to hear that things are running much smoother with this campaign. I'm actually considering getting one given the performance of my GO1000.

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #308 of 1,391

I'm glad to hear that things are running much smoother with this campaign. I'm actually considering getting one given the performance of my GO1000.

Talking about the GO1000, how does it compare with the GO v2?  I have read a lot of comparisons of the GO450 and the v2, but not of GO1000, and the V2...  How much better will the v2 be over the GO 1000, in terms of the difference in sq one might hear on a headphone?

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #309 of 1,391
@sahmen  I have no idea to be honest. Some impressions have the v2 as much better. When the first firmware update was released for the original, it became something I'd be more inclined to recommend than a O2/ODAC rig, due to what seems to be far better engineering and sound quality. I had a serious conversation with them at CanJam SoCal about all the issues they've had with their campaigns, so if the result of everything is that they've got their production together to the same degree they've got their engineering together then I'm all for getting one myself.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #310 of 1,391
I can't believe I may get it before the pulse or wave. Looking forward to it. I opted for the vanilla one so I wouldn't be on hold for as long. I was really interested in the plus and infinity options.... But a little impatient.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #312 of 1,391
@sahmen
  I have no idea to be honest. Some impressions have the v2 as much better. When the first firmware update was released for the original, it became something I'd be more inclined to recommend than a O2/ODAC rig, due to what seems to be far better engineering and sound quality. I had a serious conversation with them at CanJam SoCal about all the issues they've had with their campaigns, so if the result of everything is that they've got their production together to the same degree they've got their engineering together then I'm all for getting one myself.

It's true, after the SoCal meet Light Harmonic only screwed about 5000 pre-orders. Serious progress compared with the tens of thousands from the Pulse/Wave campaigns. Already feeling sorry for LH because it sounds like they are going old and slow... or maybe someone cancelled their vitamins pre-orders. But to be fair to LH, their engineering skills were already surpassed ... by their fascinating pre-order-cancelling skills.

That is a bit too real/true for a typical marketing communique, but congrats that you only got one little word a bit skewed ... as in "Everything is running incredibly empty with the entire production and fulfillment process". That may be a bit eerie but it tends to happen after you cancel ~90% of the customers during your "impeccable pre-order event". And since you seem to be the only LH representative around here, how about telling us the precise number of brutally cancelled pre-orders!? Maybe those 5000 & 90% numbers that we extrapolated around here are very wrong and you could post another inspiring marketing message like "another great success for LH: this time we only cancelled 75% of pre-orders".

Also, could you please tell your Fish colleague to stop sending me emails about some sort of product of his imagination? Maybe he somehow forgot that only a few weeks ago he sent me two-three "pay right now or else" ultimatums and then cancelled my pre-order. For some funny reason, I did not forget that.

That would be the pleasant business-side of my Light Harmonic Geek V2 impressions. But enough about business, I'm sure everyone wants to read some Light Harmonic Geek V2 Sound Impressions.

Here's a holistic sound impression about my entire Light Harmonic experience (that's of course about my ears only and YMMV):
The bass did sound kinda sweaty-wet and extremely greedy ... it was basically just deep "money, more money" growls.
The mids were simply not there ... absolutely no midground ... but it was not exactly a balanced affair so it's ok.
The treble/highs were very aggressive and ear piercing ... imagine frequent "pay now, faster, faster" high-pitch yells ... and it got exponentially louder & louder every time I asked them to keep their own pre-order promises&terms or go yell at the next table. In Light Harmonic's defense, one should indeed yell very loud if he wants the whole world to hear. Mission accomplished I would say.

The truly funny part though is that just a few weeks after they cancel you, some LH guy sends you a video of himself saying something like "dude, remember when I tried to screw you? ... that did sound so cool ... here's how I would like to screw you again ... please let me show you how much better we got"

Good luck and god bless everyone!
(LH people not included, I probably just forgot them)

P.S.
I am very sorry if this sounds very different from what everyone expects in an "impressions" thread. My Light Harmonic experience was also very different from my all other purchase experiences ... seriously, never in my entire life have I had such a bad one ... even the vendors in mega-over-crowded bazaars in the poorest countries on earth were better organized and more reliable (actually, this comparison is very insulting to them, please accept my humble apologies guys)

Unfortunately, I am not some isolated, "crap happens" case, Light Harmonic did this to thousands of people ... and not for the first time!

Trying to look at the bright side, if you still kept your order, I guess you can be thankful to all of us who were cancelled ... who knows, maybe LH is indeed capable to deliver ~10% of the promised devices with only a few weeks/months of delays.

P.S.2
This will prolly be my last post around here. Made enough noise already and if anyone still thinks that Light Harmonic's treatment of customers is ok, I have nothing against their 'happiness'.

Edited (see post below): I do not see any member-of-the-trade marks for users on the mobile/smartphone interface ... anyway, my bad I guess ... another mistake like this and it's all gonna be my fault :D

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #313 of 1,391
And since you seem to be a LH representative in disguise around here (btw, is that allowed!?),

Right under his username is

Member of the Trade: Light Harmonic / LH Labs

Nothing hidden there

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #314 of 1,391

Right under his username is

Member of the Trade: Light Harmonic / LH Labs

Nothing hidden there

That's true but there was another username (a few posts back) who wanted to censor this thread of all discussion concerning the LH business. So you have to wonder who is posting here and whether they have vested interests.

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #315 of 1,391
It's true, after the SoCal meet Light Harmonic only screwed about 5000 pre-orders. Serious progress compared with the tens of thousands from the Pulse/Wave campaigns. Already feeling sorry for LH because it sounds like they are going old and slow... or maybe someone cancelled their vitamins pre-orders. But to be fair to LH, their engineering skills were already surpassed ... by their fascinating pre-order-cancelling skills.

That is a bit too real/true for a typical marketing communique, but congrats that you only got one little word a bit skewed ... as in "Everything is running incredibly empty with the entire production and fulfillment process". That may be a bit eerie but it tends to happen after you cancel ~90% of the customers during your "impeccable pre-order event". And since you seem to be the only LH representative around here, how about telling us the precise number of brutally cancelled pre-orders!? Maybe those 5000 & 90% numbers that we extrapolated around here are very wrong and you could post another inspiring marketing message like "another great success for LH: this time we only cancelled 75% of pre-orders".

Also, could you please tell your Fish colleague to stop sending me emails about some sort of product of his imagination? Maybe he somehow forgot that only a few weeks ago he sent me two-three "pay right now or else" ultimatums and then cancelled my pre-order. For some funny reason, I did not forget that.

That would be the pleasant business-side of my Light Harmonic Geek V2 impressions. But enough about business, I'm sure everyone wants to read some Light Harmonic Geek V2 Sound Impressions.

Here's a holistic sound impression about my entire Light Harmonic experience (that's of course about my ears only and YMMV):
The bass did sound kinda sweaty-wet and extremely greedy ... it was basically just deep "money, more money" growls.
The mids were simply not there ... absolutely no midground ... but it was not exactly a balanced affair so it's ok.
The treble/highs were very aggressive and ear piercing ... imagine frequent "pay now, faster, faster" high-pitch yells ... and it got exponentially louder & louder every time I asked them to keep their own pre-order promises&terms or go yell at the next table. In Light Harmonic's defense, one should indeed yell very loud if he wants the whole world to hear. Mission accomplished I would say.

The truly funny part though is that just a few weeks after they cancel you, some LH guy sends you a video of himself saying something like "dude, remember when I tried to screw you? ... that did sound so cool ... here's how I would like to screw you again ... please let me show you how much better we got"

Good luck and god bless everyone!
(LH people not included, I probably just forgot them)

P.S.
I am very sorry if this sounds very different from what everyone expects in an "impressions" thread. My Light Harmonic experience was also very different from my all other purchase experiences ... seriously, never in my entire life have I had such a bad one ... even the vendors in mega-over-crowded bazaars in the poorest countries on earth were better organized and more reliable (actually, this comparison is very insulting to them, please accept my humble apologies guys)

Unfortunately, I am not some isolated, "crap happens" case, Light Harmonic did this to thousands of people ... and not for the first time!

Trying to look at the bright side, if you still kept your order, I guess you can be thankful to all of us who were cancelled ... who knows, maybe LH is indeed capable to deliver ~10% of the promised devices with only a few weeks/months of delays.

P.S.2
This will prolly be my last post around here. Made enough noise already and if anyone still thinks that Light Harmonic's treatment of customers is ok, I have nothing against their 'happiness'.

Edited (see post below): I do not see any member-of-the-trade marks for users on the mobile/smartphone interface ... anyway, my bad I guess ... another mistake like this and it's all gonna be my fault
biggrin.gif

Hey Prot,

Thanks again for the feedback.

If you'd like to stop receiving emails from Gavin, you can unsubscribe via the link in the email you received.  I've attached an example below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back