LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by lonelyers, Apr 15, 2015.
  1. GoodEnoughGear
    Aaah, I see. I don't think there is one.

2.1 line out is 3.2V rms max SE and 6.4V Balanced:

(2) New feature - Line Out mode
    Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
    GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
    connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

Under 1.5 max SE would be 2V and Balanced 4V on high gain.

2. Vas19
    Sorry for being late to this party - are there any downsides to upgrading to 2.1? Thanks

3. Roen
    Losing manual gain, gaining line out.

4. GoodEnoughGear
    You lose PC based volume control of the Geek Out itself, there are reports of significantly more heat.

5. Vas19
    @GoodEnoughGear If I'm not using line out would you say it's worth the upgrade hassle? Or just stick with 1.5?

6. Roen
    I just downgraded from 2.1 to 1.5 to get manual gain back.

7. upsguys88
    Honestly I love the manual gain and don’t see the need for line out. Love my v2+ infinity with the 1.5v

8. upsguys88
    Anyone else have issue with the gain buttons not changing color when pushed up or down? cant see the gain change.

9. upsguys88
    Can I do this on a GO2A infinity?

10. Roen
    I don’t see why not, but you’ll have to take a leap of faith.

11. marflao
    So far it works on mine.

12. xkonfuzed
    Sad day. After almost 2 years of use, my V2 disintegrated (USB mount). This happened about 3 weeks ago. Opened a ticket with LH Labs but they still haven't gotten back to me. Kind of a ****ty situation since I don't currently have any of my other DAC/Amps on me so I'm stuck with my LG G4.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. jandr272
    Do you run SE or balanced? Got a V2+ infinity up for sale but the balanced out is bad. Didn’t want to risk sending it in for repairs so bought another V2.

14. xkonfuzed
    I run my HD650's through the balanced out and my other headphones through the SE. LH Labs still haven't gotten back to me (and I suspect they wont for a long time) so I'm on the lookout for a new DAC/Amp combo.

Currently eyeing the iFi DSD black label..