LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Sep 15, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,006 of 1,391
Got the news from LH Labs today that my two Geekout's upgrades (GO2A) will ship out next week!  I was one of the stragglers that came in late.  I will be attempting to use a new pair of Beyerdynamic T1 (second gen.) with the GO2A.  It's gonna be close as the GO2A can put out only 72mW into 600ohms (balanced) but their efficiency is 102dB/mW.  I hope I have enough power or I may have to move to the to Beyerdynamics T5p and sell the T1's.  I will report my results in the next few weeks.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,007 of 1,391
I'm still not able to use my GO2a due to USB connectivity issues. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on trouble shooting this problem? I will open a support ticket with LH Labs as hopefully they will be able to help and I won't have to send it back...again...

When I connect it the first time my computer recognises the device, but disconnects as soon as I try to play music. I then try unplugging and re plugging in the GO2a, and it won't even power on. The blue LED inside the case comes on, but the regular LEDS don't light up, and it won't connect. Any ideas anyone? Thanks! 

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #1,008 of 1,391
I have the choice of a regular or Infinity. Does anyone feel the extra power setting / extra filter is worth the extra money?

Currently running: Senn 600 / Senn 558, Koss Porta Pro, ATH-m40x, V-Moda XS / M-100....not sure if I need the extra power switch or filter setting. I've heard the 3rd filter setting is really not all it's cracked up to be and sounds worse than the original 2 filters.

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,009 of 1,391
I'm still not able to use my GO2a due to USB connectivity issues. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on trouble shooting this problem? I will open a support ticket with LH Labs as hopefully they will be able to help and I won't have to send it back...again...

When I connect it the first time my computer recognises the device, but disconnects as soon as I try to play music. I then try unplugging and re plugging in the GO2a, and it won't even power on. The blue LED inside the case comes on, but the regular LEDS don't light up, and it won't connect. Any ideas anyone? Thanks! 

Things I can think of: Up to date drivers and firmware? If you are on XP or Vista and have a recent driver installed you may need to download an older version because they dropped support (sometimes it can help to roll back to an older version as well if the new versions do not work). Selected as Default Device in Playback Devices (and in your playback software output if it has that option)? After driver installation have you tried resetting your computer with the device plugged in? Sometimes unplugging and plugging in quickly again can cause the system driver to hang and it won't recognize the device (sometimes even the whole usb service can crash) requiring a reset too.

They are pretty slow to respond to support tickets so it might take a week or two if they do reply to you.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #1,010 of 1,391
stuck limo,

OMG! The Infinity model is more than an extra power setting and filter!  In addition to extra features, it's a whole other level of refinement above the regular V2.  Wait however because the new GO2A is coming out very shortly and you'd really rather have that.  I have the V2 and the V2 Infinity.  I almost fell over with delight when I got my Infinity.  So much better than the standard V2.  Trust me.  Just trust me. 

Condocondor

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #1,011 of 1,391
  stuck limo,

OMG! The Infinity model is more than an extra power setting and filter!  In addition to extra features, it's a whole other level of refinement above the regular V2.  Wait however because the new GO2A is coming out very shortly and you'd really rather have that.  I have the V2 and the V2 Infinity.  I almost fell over with delight when I got my Infinity.  So much better than the standard V2.  Trust me.  Just trust me. 

Condocondor

How would you say the V2 Infinity compares to the Pulse Infinity/LPS4 stack? I have that and the V2 and now the V2A, and IMO it's a level above but not the difference between living on the surface of Earth and Mars.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #1,013 of 1,391
  stuck limo,

Condocondor

I was referring to the 2A regular vs the 2A Infinity. I already have a regular 2A. I am getting a second one. Wasn't sure to upgrade or not.

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,014 of 1,391
Stuck Limo,

Just wait to purchase a week or so.  Both of the V2 and V2 Infinity will be shipped back to me with the 2A upgrade.  I will tell you then if there is any sonic difference.  I'm likely to be one of the only people here that has both devices for comparison.

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,015 of 1,391
How would you say the V2 Infinity compares to the Pulse Infinity/LPS4 stack? I have that and the V2 and now the V2A, and IMO it's a level above but not the difference between living on the surface of Earth and Mars.

While not the V2 Inf, the V2+ Inf IME comes very close to the SQ of the Pulse Inf and LPS combo. Maybe 90% roughly. Cheers

Sep 24, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #1,016 of 1,391
Can anyone notice sound quality difference between V2 Inf and V2+ Inf? i am keen to get either of them and actually prefer V2 Inf because I do not have to recharge but not sure if it cause more noise since it is powered by USB bus. Any feedback would be greatly helpful. Thank you.

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #1,017 of 1,391
LH labs V2 owner here.
Since the V2 is a USB DAC it may have a little "noise" compared against the non USB powered V2+, but I can't say I hear it.
If you're not incredibly empowered with ears from above it may not be significant.
It seems there may be an improved "blackening" of the sound floor with the + upgrade, however, since the V2 is already considered on par with $1,000 DACs it may not be necessary to chase the elusive "even better than better" butterfly.
Just my thoughts. Happy listening will come with either one you choose...

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,018 of 1,391
LH labs V2 owner here.
Since the V2 is a USB DAC it may have a little "noise" compared against the non USB powered V2+, but I can't say I hear it.
If you're not incredibly empowered with ears from above it may not be significant.
It seems there may be an improved "blackening" of the sound floor with the + upgrade, however, since the V2 is already considered on par with $1,000 DACs it may not be necessary to chase the elusive "even better than better" butterfly.
Just my thoughts. Happy listening will come with either one you choose...

Thank you very much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back