LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
May 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #841 of 1,391
I too felt it was brighter/clearer balanced . Positively with the omni and negatively with the he560

May 11, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #842 of 1,391
One thing to be wary of when doing these comparisons is very close volume matching. Balanced output provides more power and generally things sound brighter and clearer when they are louder in my experience.

May 11, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #843 of 1,391
True, but I play at the same volume nearly all the time. Give or take a few db. At any volume the balanced end is not allowed to play with the he560 any more. Very unpleasant to my ears. The omni sounds fantastic through the balanced end. They are fast friends. The omni is no longer used with the h10. They don't play as well together. Synergy for my ears.

May 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #844 of 1,391
Thanks for impressions  I am using multi-ba headphones, which definitely don't need more power, and are a little variable anyway, so that might be affecting what I am hearing. I need to spend extended  time in one mode, then switch over and see what I notice.

Tbh even low gain SE is gobs more power than they need & I kind of miss having a volume knob/rocker- I wonder if there isn't a way to replace windows volume slider- luckily Foobar has its own
confused_face.gif

May 16, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #847 of 1,391
*re-edit* nevermind I completely misread the FAQ I was quoting, plz disregard (here's the page anyways just in case it was missed: https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/5000652283-how-to-open-a-support-ticket )

May 23, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #849 of 1,391
Manny,

My LPS4 has had a trouble ticket in For 6 days now. I would love to get an RMA number so I can send it back for repair or replacement.

May 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #850 of 1,391
Manny,

My LPS4 has had a trouble ticket in For 6 days now. I would love to get an RMA number so I can send it back for repair or replacement.

Me either. I kind of expected it though
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 26, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #851 of 1,391
Manny,

Thank you for the response. The LPS4 is out the door.

Jun 1, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #852 of 1,391
I finally got a response as well, thanks Manny.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #853 of 1,391
Manny,

I hate to do this in a public forum again but the trouble ticket system is unresponsive again. My LPS4 is shown to have arrived on 1 June. Can you confirm this? I sent you message through the support website on 3 June and still haven't seen a response. I sent another on 9 Jun and no response to that one either.

In my message I also asked about reimbursing me the $40 shipping that it cost me to send it to you. Please reimburse me the $40.

My final question through the support ticket system which still hasn't been answer is why didn't the LPS-4 get the custom R-core wound transformer as stated? This was suppose to be one of the perks of paying the extra money for the LPS-4 in the campaign offering.

You said 24 days ago that you were picking up the RMA process and things would move quicker but these lack of timely responses do not support that.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #854 of 1,391
Manny is checking the forums but not replying to PMs. Looks like it's back to standard modus operandi for Light Harmonics.

Almost 2 months since I shipped my broken V2+ and not a single response from them. Business as usual I guess.

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #855 of 1,391
Manny is checking the forums but not replying to PMs. Looks like it's back to standard modus operandi for Light Harmonics.

Almost 2 months since I shipped my broken V2+ and not a single response from them. Business as usual I guess.

Maybe we should crowdfund a Full-Time Customer Service Dept
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good luck tho, at least they seem to make good eventually... for the most part... i think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back