LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Nov 4, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #153 of 485
I already sent mine back together with the dual screen. Great battery life ,but the lack of FM radio made me be disappointed.
By the way I am using the V50 Korean model now. It has both FM radio and DMB Tv tuner.
I'm in Washington state in the u.s. mine has FM radio here's a picture what the app looks like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-165526.png
    Screenshot_20201104-165526.png
    911.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #154 of 485
I live in Washington state in the US and mine has FM radio.
I think the US version generally has it. Wish there was a way to delete the app to be honest.l since I use Sirius XM and have a real radio for AM/FM. It uses headphones as an antenna and I wasn't very impressed with reception. I live in NY.

Nov 10, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #157 of 485
On my European model V60 I managed to install many versions of FM radio bit none of them worked unfortunately. The FM tuner is locked inside the phone.
Where did you buy your v60.

My v30 needs to be retired soon and i was waiting for v60 in hopes that they remove that rubbish back button. And sexy battery life when you throw the 2nd screen away.

Anyone tried importing US GSM unlocked versions to UK/EU. Any issues?

Nov 10, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #158 of 485
Where did you buy your v60.

My v30 needs to be retired soon and i was waiting for v60 in hopes that they remove that rubbish back button. And sexy battery life when you throw the 2nd screen away.

Anyone tried importing US GSM unlocked versions to UK/EU. Any issues?
The seller was in Germany, buy only from Europe otherwise you will pay lots of tax and it won't be worth it in the end.

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #160 of 485
I'm happy V30 user with UAPP bit perfect mode, MQA in app purchase and tidal hifi subscription. I find it 10 times better than tidal which now does not offer real MQA. I had opportunity to test DFR with those UAPP settings. DFR has better soundstage but less natural vocals and poor bass. Now it's time to buy new smartphone. I was looking for G8X but it's not available in my country.

I want to make sure that it's impossible to take all MQA advantages using V60 and UAPP. If it's true, I'll buy V50.. Is there anybody who checked this?

Dec 26, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #161 of 485
I'm happy V30 user with UAPP bit perfect mode, MQA in app purchase and tidal hifi subscription. I find it 10 times better than tidal which now does not offer real MQA. I had opportunity to test DFR with those UAPP settings. DFR has better soundstage but less natural vocals and poor bass. Now it's time to buy new smartphone. I was looking for G8X but it's not available in my country.

I want to make sure that it's impossible to take all MQA advantages using V60 and UAPP. If it's true, I'll buy V50.. Is there anybody who checked this?

I have a G8X and it is a great phone when it comes to analogue audio. However it has no support for MQA in QuadDAC. Same goes for V60. Hence V50 is the best solution as it supports MQA.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #163 of 485
Thank you so much.
This is MQA, PCM and DSD compatibility list:
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver
It may be useful for someone

Hunt for a LG V50 with factory installed Android 9.

In short, LG V50 -> 5G, QuadDAC, Meridian Audio tuning, inbuilt MQA support for QuadDAC, QuadHD OLED display, stereo speakers & solid battery life. If comes pre-installed with Android 9, support for native DSD playback as well.

It beats V40 in all aspects bar none. Alas V50 is not available in my country but pretty content with V30+ and G8X.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #164 of 485

Users who are viewing this thread

Back