LG V30
Jul 9, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #5,656 of 6,140
At this stage, the V30 battery is holding a very good charge using it either with headphones (both cable via Fidelio X2HR and BT with Sony M3) or connected to my home stereo or TV soundbar. I'd say with 6-7 hours use, it doesn't get too low, maybe to 20%. I charge it every night. So don't have those specific measurements, but for a used phone, I am very happy with battery life for my uses.

The great thing about my V30 is the standby battery life. It lasts for several days even with wifi on. I don't use a sim so IDK how that affects things... :wink:

Jul 9, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #5,657 of 6,140
Agree, it seems to be holding a charge like a brand new phone. And I checked and getting the battery replaced (not a DIY type here) would be inexpensive. No SIM card in mine either. Only bought it as a player, period. The iPhone 8+ I've had still serves me fine. And the SQ isn't bad either, but I much prefer the V30 at home.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #5,658 of 6,140
I cracked the screen on my V30 and never bothered to get it repaired (as it still functions), so when I was due an upgrade ended up going for the Huawei P30 Pro and kept the V30 as my dap. No SIM, battery saver mode and WiFi left on perennially, and the battery life is spectacular. Would I like something like an ibasso DX160? Absolutely. But while the V30 lives and breathes I don't see the need to spend the cash on a dedicated dap.

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #5,660 of 6,140
I've just bought a charger with two QC 3.0 outputs. Does the V30 show any indication of fast charging (wired) using Quick Charge 3.0?
Yes, it will show of you're fast charging or not. :wink:

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #5,662 of 6,140
Did you've tried the cable of the LG Charger with your QC3.0 device?
It's worth i try, i guess.
Even with the charger of a IPad Pro my V30 will use fast charging. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #5,664 of 6,140
I currently have a LG G5 with the B&O Hi-Fi Plus module. I'm toying with the idea of buying a LG V30 to replace this. Will I likely hear a sound improvement from doing so? Not that that would be the reason for the upgrade, more that there appears to be a problem with the camera on my G5 which is causing excessive flare.

Something which is putting me off the V30 is reports of screen burn-in. Have people on here run into that much? I would try to get hold of one new, rather than second-hand - they do still seem to be available from Far East sources.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #5,666 of 6,140
I currently have a LG G5 with the B&O Hi-Fi Plus module. I'm toying with the idea of buying a LG V30 to replace this. Will I likely hear a sound improvement from doing so? Not that that would be the reason for the upgrade, more that there appears to be a problem with the camera on my G5 which is causing excessive flare.

Something which is putting me off the V30 is reports of screen burn-in. Have people on here run into that much? I would try to get hold of one new, rather than second-hand - they do still seem to be available from Far East sources.
Don't know the sound of the G5 with Hifi module, so i can't comment about sound differences or improvements.

No screen burn-in since my purchase 2 and a half year ago. :wink:

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #5,667 of 6,140
Hello! Has anyone here decided to go with android 10 instead of 9? I have 9, but im a little divided if i should update or not! Want some tips:)

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #5,668 of 6,140
Hello! Has anyone here decided to go with android 10 instead of 9? I have 9, but im a little divided if i should update or not! Want some tips:)

I played around with custom ROMs a while back (both 9 and 10) but ended up back on stock Pie, bootloader unlocked and rooted with Magisk. This way everything works, Netflix HD, FM radio, etc...

If you are like me you'll probably try anyway... Good luck! :wink:

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #5,670 of 6,140

Here's my answer: **No freaking way** would i do it if not forced by my carrier--which unfortunately I was with my V40. As mentioned above, LG screwed the pooch with the A10 upgrade as it messes with DSD--more specifically it will no longer play them natively and will instead convert to PCM. Why the hell would i want to do that??

I also hate the bloated app changes---like the blobby camera interface and to me it just seems more dragged down now.

I almost tried to hunt down an unlocked V40 just to avoid this---but decided there's just too much choice of new devices (including the Wing) now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back