LG V30
Aug 22, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #5,403 of 6,140
Right, and as many said, it's probably not so much for hiphop or something that needs a bit of bass in general (though some have claimed that it's perfectly fine there too, with a bit of bass boost). I really hope that these phones grow on you, that would make your investment well-spent.
Audiosense t800 I opted for, over the p1, sure twice the price but hell I may just sell some stuff.

Who am I kidding, no I won't!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #5,404 of 6,140
I did early on, replaced under warranty. IIRC there is a replacement part, but for whtever reason they just replaced the phone instead of repairing.

Shame, mines out of warranty. I had a G4 for years and there was no jack breakage at all

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #5,405 of 6,140
Hi guys. I got the v30, long iPhone user. I also have the audioquest dragonfly.

I got also Neutron, Uapp, Poweramp.

The phone sounds good. One thing I had notice in comparison to Dragonfly Red and also iPhone 6, the sounds Is a bit on the thin side. Bass is a tad soft.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #5,406 of 6,140
is this "Saber glare" still a problem with the V30? I have the V10 and find the connection of the hifi dac design failed, as some songs start to hiss at s-loud.
Have a Fiio X7 with the same DAC where this problem does not exist. Is the V30 really much better than the V10 in terms of sound quality?
And also competitive compared to Fiio X7? Does anyone have experience with the permanently installed battery? Is it a weak spot?
thx jens

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #5,407 of 6,140
The battery isn't a weak spot in terms of audio playback, except hard to drive cans in HIM.
The weakness belongs to screen on time in majority.

So battery life correlates directly with the type of HP you want to drive and the amp mode.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,408 of 6,140
Hi guys. I got the v30, long iPhone user. I also have the audioquest dragonfly.

I got also Neutron, Uapp, Poweramp.

The phone sounds good. One thing I had notice in comparison to Dragonfly Red and also iPhone 6, the sounds Is a bit on the thin side. Bass is a tad soft.

Is the thin sound still present when USBAPP is in bit-perfect?
Which filter do you use on V30?
Short, sharp or slow?
Stupid question: do you've enabled the quad-dac?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,409 of 6,140
I have not noticed any appreciable battery loss with HD660s headphones. Loss is about the same as any other application. Obviously screen on is the biggest killer. I get through a 16 hour day with 2 hours of listening and modest app use with 25% left over. I would say battery life is average to better than average.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #5,411 of 6,140
Second that.
With the Era-1 it is suberb. :k701smile:
And with HIM triggered, volume 50 is all i need to be satisfied.

With the T1 battery drain is much higher than with the Era. :wink:
But the T1 in low freq is running over 800ohm, so much more volume is needed to drive them.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #5,412 of 6,140
For people using L-adapters to trigger HIM, I found some differences between them. I have bought 1 from Amazon and 1 from Aliexpress. To me, the Amazon one sounds flatter whereas the Aliexpress one gives more bass. The housings are exactly the same, but the Amazon one is silver-plated/colored whereas the Aliexpress one is advertised as gold-plated (probably just copper).

Picture: Aliexpress- on the left and Amazon-bought on the right.

3PrFut5w.jpeg

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #5,413 of 6,140
Is the thin sound still present when USBAPP is in bit-perfect?
Which filter do you use on V30?
Short, sharp or slow?
Stupid question: do you've enabled the quad-dac?

Hi, I use Short most of the time. Quad dac of course enabled.

What I found is that the quad dac on the v30 is more analitical sounding than the DFR and also Iphone 6. The v30 sounds thinner and brighter, DFR is fuller and smoother. This is not a problem with warm headphone (like the 58x or the Phonon smb 02). It can be a problem with monitor like headphone (Sehhneiser hd25, Sennheiser ie40).

I tried more than 10 different players with not so awesome results. The usual suspect like Neutron, Uapp, Poweramp, they sounds good but I am not amazed. They seems to push the worst aspect of the sabre (analytical sound) up to a notch. I was fine listening Netron + DFR, not so with V30.

The last app I tried was the stock LG player, surprisingly it was the best of the bunch! I got a full sound, more dynamic, with better bass response and richness. What I think is that the LG player is fine tuned on the v30 dac taking into account the sound signature of the sabre. Other players are kinda generic (even if very advanced and full of options).

At this moment I am pretty sure I'll listen to the stock LG music app.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #5,414 of 6,140
For people using L-adapters to trigger HIM, I found some differences between them. I have bought 1 from Amazon and 1 from Aliexpress. To me, the Amazon one sounds flatter whereas the Aliexpress one gives more bass. The housings are exactly the same, but the Amazon one is silver-plated/colored whereas the Aliexpress one is advertised as gold-plated (probably just copper).

Picture: Aliexpress- on the left and Amazon-bought on the right.

15667437377475317632933807734738.jpg
I use this from forzaaudioworks. The cable is ofc from colour line series

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #5,415 of 6,140
Hi, I use Short most of the time. Quad dac of course enabled.

What I found is that the quad dac on the v30 is more analitical sounding than the DFR and also Iphone 6. The v30 sounds thinner and brighter, DFR is fuller and smoother. This is not a problem with warm headphone (like the 58x or the Phonon smb 02). It can be a problem with monitor like headphone (Sehhneiser hd25, Sennheiser ie40).

I tried more than 10 different players with not so awesome results. The usual suspect like Neutron, Uapp, Poweramp, they sounds good but I am not amazed. They seems to push the worst aspect of the sabre (analytical sound) up to a notch. I was fine listening Netron + DFR, not so with V30.

The last app I tried was the stock LG player, surprisingly it was the best of the bunch! I got a full sound, more dynamic, with better bass response and richness. What I think is that the LG player is fine tuned on the v30 dac taking into account the sound signature of the sabre. Other players are kinda generic (even if very advanced and full of options).

At this moment I am pretty sure I'll listen to the stock LG music app.

Cheers.

Have you tried the "dynamic" setting in the sound settings menu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back