LG V30
Aug 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #5,356 of 6,140
@cenix

Tin Hifi P1 with V30 early impressions.

Please remember I've only just unboxed this IEM a couple of hours ago. This is not specific to the V30 but Initially I was thinking what is all the fuss about with any of the sources I tried it with, this thing, to be blunt, sounds rubbish.

I've played around with the fit, its certainly not been an instant success for me, silicone and foam tips too. For me fit is 3/10 until I tried it with the wires down and then over the ear, that has made it 8/10 and helped with the seal and isolation no end. This has improved the bass too, the sound is no longer thin and anaemic, I swapped the cable L-R R-L to get the channels in the correct ears.

I have no way to trigger high impedance mode, sorry, but with a 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE adaptor I can get Aux mode.

How is the paring with the V30 though? Its not too bad actually, in Aux mode at 42 volume its loud enough for me, normal mode is quieter and needs 54 or so on the volume.

I actually do start to appreciate the sound everybody is talking about even from a source like the V30. Its not the best IEM I have in my collection by any means but for the money, its OK.

As I burn in to it who knows I may even start to really appreciate it for what it is my first cheap-ish planar IEM.

Highly appreciated for your opinion. If you have an AMP lying around, I suggest you try that out as well, since everyone has mentioned about it needing an AMP.

If I got it right, you are using the standard 3.5mm cable that came with the P1, and use a male 2.5mm balanced to female 3.5mm SE adapter to connect to the V30? Or maybe it's the other way around if you used a different cable.

This IEM is praised to heaven by so many people, so I am somewhat surprised from your impression. But then again, it might need some burn-in time.

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #5,357 of 6,140
Highly appreciated for your opinion. If you have an AMP lying around, I suggest you try that out as well, since everyone has mentioned about it needing an AMP.

If I got it right, you are using the standard 3.5mm cable that came with the P1, and use a male 2.5mm balanced to female 3.5mm SE adapter to connect to the V30? Or maybe it's the other way around if you used a different cable.

This IEM is praised to heaven by so many people, so I am somewhat surprised from your impression. But then again, it might need some burn-in time.

I'm using a different cable as you said with 2.5mm balanced plug and then a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor to plug it into the V30.

I certainly have tried the P1 with an amp. I'm currently listening to the P1 from an iFI xDSD using an s-balanced connection and with the Xbass and 3D effects switched on it does beat the V30 but actually not by that much to be honest.

The P1 is highly praised but IMHO some of that is the hype train running a bit out of control.

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #5,358 of 6,140
I'm using a different cable as you said with 2.5mm balanced plug and then a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor to plug it into the V30.

I certainly have tried the P1 with an amp. I'm currently listening to the P1 from an iFI xDSD using an s-balanced connection and with the Xbass and 3D effects switched on it does beat the V30 but actually not by that much to be honest.

The P1 is highly praised but IMHO some of that is the hype train running a bit out of control.

I agree, it's probably a bit over hyped at the moment (even though I haven't listened to it myself yet). I know that you might change your opinion tomorrow or the day after, but for something around 150, do you feel that it's the best IEM you've listened to in this price range (150-200)?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,359 of 6,140
I agree, it's probably a bit over hyped at the moment (even though I haven't listened to it myself yet). I know that you might change your opinion tomorrow or the day after, but for something around 150, do you feel that it's the best IEM in this price range (150-200)?

It's too early to say, what I would say is that it does appear to be the first IEM I've heard that I can truly say, "it depends on the music" I'm currently listening to some instrumental stuff, mainly piano and the piano is sounding as real as I've heard with any IEM regardless of price.

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #5,360 of 6,140
It's too early to say, what I would say is that it does appear to be the first IEM I've heard that I can truly say, "it depends on the music" I'm currently listening to some instrumental stuff, mainly piano and the piano is sounding as real as I've heard with any IEM regardless of price.

Right, and as many said, it's probably not so much for hiphop or something that needs a bit of bass in general (though some have claimed that it's perfectly fine there too, with a bit of bass boost). I really hope that these phones grow on you, that would make your investment well-spent.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #5,361 of 6,140
Coming from a Hiby R6 I will say the user experience is much better. The Hiby is fast and has a fairly good screen but there is really no comparison. Listening level appears to be comparable and I haven't fully compared the sound quality but appears to be very similar. I like the bass profile for my HD 660s which is usually a little lacking on the bass. But I believe I will be selling the Hiby because the user experience will will override any marginal sound quality differential.

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #5,362 of 6,140
Coming from a Hiby R6 I will say the user experience is much better. The Hiby is fast and has a fairly good screen but there is really no comparison. Listening level appears to be comparable and I haven't fully compared the sound quality but appears to be very similar. I like the bass profile for my HD 660s which is usually a little lacking on the bass. But I believe I will be selling the Hiby because the user experience will will override any marginal sound quality differential.

It's quite surprising that you put the V30 on the same level as the Hiby R6, since the latter is a respectable dedicated DAP. The Hiby should have more power compared to the V30?

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #5,364 of 6,140
With my HD660s power seems equivalent to the Hiby with my Etymotic ER3XR I have to run at almost 100 volume because of the lower impedance. How do I trick into the mid range?

To get the V30 onto the AUX mode, the only thing you need to do is to connect an extension cable (or some 3.5mm jack like this one) to the V30 first, and then connect your IEM to the extension cable (don't connect the extension together with the IEM to the V30, otherwise it won't pick up the AUX mode). Make sure that the extension has a TRS jack. To get into the high impedance mode, you need to connect a high impedance adapter to an extension/adapter and then remove it for your headphone. For more info, check out this post.

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #5,366 of 6,140

Yes, but you need to attach it to an extension cable/adapter and then attach that to the V30, after that, remove the impedance adapter and insert the IEM into the extension cable/adapter. So, only buying the impedance adapter is not enough, you still need an extension cable/adapter.

Someone else in here uses the exact same impedance adapter you just linked, it should be fine.

I really wish there was an app that would allow us to pick between the 3 modes. It would save us so much hassle.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #5,367 of 6,140
I have found the low level frequency response is very good. Very good bass and highs at low listening levels (during nap time). Also if you enable the music player in the always on settings it provides and quick and easy way to skip tracks.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #5,368 of 6,140
OK. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Just bought a Mojo and have the following chain:

LG V30 > UAPP > Fiio CL06 OTG Cable > Mojo > Campfire Polaris

The sound is coming from the V30's speaker. My phone is recognizing a USB device and I get:
the Android notification that says 'Power supply Tap to change USB options' which when I click it shows:
'Use USB connection for: Charging, Power supply, File transfer etc' but none seem applicable.

I've tried installing the driver on Windows 10 but the Mojo isn't recognized as a USB device..I get no notification
by Windows as to the Mojo's existence.

Do I have a broken Mojo?

The OTG cable is used by other members here between the V30 and the Mojo with no problems.
It's a brand new cable. Help appreciated.

{EDITED: Stated Hugo when i meant Mojo}

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #5,369 of 6,140
OK. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Just bought a Hugo and have the following chain:

LG V30 > UAPP > Fiio CL06 OTG Cable > Mojo > Campfire Polaris

The sound is coming from the V30's speaker. My phone is recognizing a USB device and I get:
the Android notification that says 'Power supply Tap to change USB options' which when I click it shows:
'Use USB connection for: Charging, Power supply, File transfer etc' but none seem applicable.

I've tried installing the driver on Windows 10 but the Hugo isn't recognized as a USB device..I get no notification
by Windows as to the Hugo's existence.

Do I have a broken Hugo?

The OTG cable is used by other members here between the V30 and the Hugo with no problems.
It's a brand new cable. Help appreciated.

Have you enabled USB debugging in Developer Options?

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #5,370 of 6,140
Mine, through uapp, works connected to dac when appears charging. One time i have modified the option and i had no sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back