LG V30
Aug 15, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #3,812 of 6,140
Yes, comparison was made with V30, thou only for an hour in the store. DT-990 pro appeared very airy, I liked it very neutral bar the huge peak in upper treble. That made everything sound sibilant. Even on higher quality recordings the treble peak caught all my attention. Thou bass and mids were quality, but they were way too much overwhelmed by the sibilant coloration. I've never tolerated any treble on boost, and neither did now.

I would've bought DT-990 if I were not to listen to MQA. Then I could've simply EQd out the treble peak. As it happens, MQA can only work on bit perfect mode so can't use EQ. Where G433 (with 2/3 enclosure vents closed) is better than Beyers is that it has more natural kick and snap on sound, all through from bass to treble. IMO that is a perfect pairing for the open/spacious delivery of V30.

And BTW, I use the cable delivered with G433 that has inline volume control. Turn it down a bit and high impedance mode is enabled, and I can max the inline there after. I use an app that displays the hifi status of LG. High impedance mode has way more punch and air, even with similar volume. Low impedance mode, I'm not sure if I even see it that much better than HTC 10 TBH.

From my comparison of the HTC 10 vs. LG V20, I felt that HTC 10's loudest volume was somewhere IN BETWEEN Aux and High Impedance Mode. Since measurements of both phones' volume output put the HTC 10 above the V20 or V30's output (which I assume was measured at Normal Device Mode volume), I think my conclusion holds true.

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #3,815 of 6,140
That's debatable.
all is debatable. tried cheap stuff, mid-price stuff and expensive stuff. every person, every taste.i´m in the audio from 80`s.i´m not rich so i prefer products with best Q/P relationship-
mojo and lg v30 reflect my parameters

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #3,816 of 6,140
Don't laugh (see rtings.com review for freq resp), I bought Logitech G433 headset, modded it to down the slight bass boom, and now IMO they beat Audio Technica M40 and Beyer DT-770/990 pros. Bar a slight lack of energy in mid treble, they sound very neutral. I've mostly been listening to Tidal MQA albums on UAPP with my one month old V30, and I'm amazed at the MQA improvement in spaciousness and imaging! Whenever I switch back to redbook stream I hear a big loss in spaciousness. Comparison of V30/MQA to my old HTC 10 is unfair. V30 is so detailed and opens the soundstage so much better. HTC in comparison feels like overly controlled and limited.

Also, I'm amazed at the quality of these Logitech HPs. Never ever would I have believed that a brand like them could release quality sound like this, even more amazing at this price point. I love this combo and I believe I'll keep LG for many many years to come.

Never heard their gaming cans but use one of their headsets which works well.

Not terribly surprising they could play in the higher end audio space if they chose to...they own Ultimate Ears and probably some other audio firms.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #3,817 of 6,140
Hi, has anyone ever experienced tracks jumping to the next before it finishes? I noticed mine auto skips to next track at various times and it only happens on hi Res files 24 bit and above... I thought it was HiBy music app having problems but i used the LG music app and had the same problem, anyone know of this?

P.S. it doesn't happen on my DAPs

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #3,818 of 6,140
Hi, has anyone ever experienced tracks jumping to the next before it finishes? I noticed mine auto skips to next track at various times and it only happens on hi Res files 24 bit and above... I thought it was HiBy music app having problems but i used the LG music app and had the same problem, anyone know of this?

No. I think your V30 is having issues and needs to be replaced. I've had mine for almost a year now and no issues like that at all.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #3,819 of 6,140
RockStar, the other day you suggested that I, "With regards to your music, if you can, I'd suggest usingyour original unaltered music on either UAPP or Poweramp for BEST results!". I'm not sure what you mean by unaltered music.

99% of my music that I listen to on the phone is in Google's Play Music app. How do I use/get my music unaltered (as I said most of these were from old cd's I have/had that I uploaded several years ago on an old different computer that had a CD/DVD disk (my current computer does not)? And, I don't know if Play Music will let other music players play music from their app even when it's downloaded onto my phone?

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #3,820 of 6,140
RockStar, the other day you suggested that I, "With regards to your music, if you can, I'd suggest usingyour original unaltered music on either UAPP or Poweramp for BEST results!". I'm not sure what you mean by unaltered music.

99% of my music that I listen to on the phone is in Google's Play Music app. How do I use/get my music unaltered (as I said most of these were from old cd's I have/had that I uploaded several years ago on an old different computer that had a CD/DVD disk (my current computer does not)? And, I don't know if Play Music will let other music players play music from their app even when it's downloaded onto my phone?

Hey gimpy,

What I meant was to use your original CD quality music (or Hi-Res quality, if applicable) instead of the mp3s you were using. Mp3s are junk man. I still have some, but pretty much all of the music I REALLY care about I've upgraded either by ripping my CDs to AAC quality, or else CD and/or Hi-Res albums I purchased recently I ended up downsampling to AAC using dBpoweramp, iTunes, etc.

If this seems like a big hassle to you, then just keep playing your mp3s. But I'm telling you, if you can, take all your old CDs and re-rip them to AAC (256-512 kbps AAC, CBR or else VBR). This format is ABOVE the max quality level of mp3s, and still equal to FLAC. I don't care what anyone on here says....................take any CD-Quality or Hi-Res track and downsample it to AAC (256-512, it doesn't matter, so just do 256), and it will sound the same AND require less power to play on your phone. Mp3s from my own experience tend to have weaker bass (doesn't go as "deep" as AAC or FLAC), and in many (though not all) cases tends to not sound as good or clear.

As for Google Play.....................you can do better man. Use Poweramp or else UAPP (USB Audio Pro Player) for BEST sound. These apps let you apply EQs which is awesome. My "Magic EQ" (which is the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 one, though you can try out the other bass variations as well) I feel offers the best sound, so you should apply it to Poweramp and see what you think vs. No EQ and vs. "Rock" preset in Poweramp. If you like UAPP more, let me know and I'll give you that EQ info as well. I feel it (Magic EQ) is superior to BOTH. Using this EQ (and its variations) has completely changed my life with regards to listening on headphones. I can NEVER go back to No EQ or "Rock". It simply won't do anymore for me. This is where it's at.................so it's up to you if you want to join up or not?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #3,821 of 6,140

I'm having issues with uapp.. It keeps force stop...

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #3,823 of 6,140
Aug 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,825 of 6,140
Just found out my problem also happens for MP3 today... just that the occurrences are rare
Any help guys?
It's getting annoying

Seriously, e-mail the devs. They respond quickly and is awesome!

Here is the info on the one I spoke to like a month ago who responded back to me within 24 hours:

Davy Wentzler
eXtream Software Development
info@extreamsd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back