LG V30
May 7, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,136 of 6,140
tried oreo, version 8.0.0. in my opinion, from audio point of view, nothing has changed. with tidal and uapp, same definition and same level of volume
Thanks and today I got oreo version update and from audio point of view ,I am happy with my Sony WI-1000X it sounds amazing because now it is LDAC quality of sound of Sony in LG V30.Thanks

May 7, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #3,137 of 6,140
I haven't even received Oreo yet on my v30 from T-Mobile however I'm already getting frustrated with UAPP because it appears that the volume is just really low on that player
I have unlocked US V30+ and using with ATT and I got Oreo version 8.0.0 and the update went smooth and I enjoy near Hi Res sound with my Sony WI 1000X and LDAC now,Thanks

May 7, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,138 of 6,140
So I was able to manually download the T-Mobile Oreo update this morning. I'm having zero issues with anything operating correctly. Uapp operates fine I just have issues with the volume being too low.

May 7, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3,139 of 6,140
Just out of curiosity, what's the most power hungry cans everyone has been able to drive to comfortable listening levels with your V30? I really want to get the massdrop hifiman he4xx, but I'm not sure my V30 will bring out the full potential of them. I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I don't have time to read 200 plus pages. I've only had my V30 for a short while, and this is still all very new to me

May 8, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #3,140 of 6,140
I once went on a big trip to Scotland to visit some Whisky distelleries. In one of the local once, we were consuming some very nice scotch in some comfy sofas with one of the guides.
The question that was asked was: "Do you now need to add water to whisky or not, and if so, how much?". The old man sighed, and said, "Just drink your scotch like you like it. You want lower alcohol and flavors opening up? Add water. If not, don't. And that will also depend on the moment."

I just bought the V30 and was looking to switch from the iPhone 8 Plus. Tried it today at work. Great instrument separation, clarity... The Hifi Dac is brilliant, great sound. But I don't like it at work. I prefer the more swinging sound from the iPhone. If I would be on holidays and really wanted to focus, anytime the V30 over iPhone.

It will depend on your mood, the setting, the activity you are doing, the kind of music you wanna listen to, the need for detail.

I'll keep the V30, maybe as a second device. But very much in doubt to sell the iPhone now. It's still a great allrounder.

That's true: sometime I would like to change and use a S9 / Windows instead of an iPhone / OSX. But I want to have just one system.

May 8, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #3,141 of 6,140
I went ahead and returned my Dragonfly Red and got an iFi Nano iDSD Black Label to use for my laptop with Audirvana and Tidal instead. I was preferring the sound of the V30 over the DFR for mobile use anyway. However the Anker OTG USB C cable I got for the DFR works great for it but does not work for the iFi. Just wondering if anyone here has the iFi Nano and an OTG cable that works with UAPP and Neutron and a link to purchase the cable. Thanks.

May 8, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #3,144 of 6,140
Im trying to consolidate gear. Although ive heard really good things here about the V30 im a bit skeptical on it being to stack up against the dx200. To those who have side by side compared v30 to the dx200 or any other similar mid-high end DAPs how does it compare in terms of soundstage and resolution?

May 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #3,145 of 6,140
Im trying to consolidate gear. Although ive heard really good things here about the V30 im a bit skeptical on it being to stack up against the dx200. To those who have side by side compared v30 to the dx200 or any other similar mid-high end DAPs how does it compare in terms of soundstage and resolution?

@koluludome can help.

May 8, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #3,146 of 6,140
Just out of curiosity, what's the most power hungry cans everyone has been able to drive to comfortable listening levels with your V30? I really want to get the massdrop hifiman he4xx, but I'm not sure my V30 will bring out the full potential of them. I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I don't have time to read 200 plus pages. I've only had my V30 for a short while, and this is still all very new to me
...readers digest condensed version...
The V30 has 3 amp levels, normal, aux and hi. Normally the V30 chooses which one to use for you based upon the detected impedance of the headphones that are plugged in. The he4xx triggers normal mode but needs more power than the v30 supplies based upon the detected impedance. You can fool the v30 into supplying more power (aux mode) by unplugged the left ear cup of the headphone, plug the headphone cable into the v30, then plugging the left ear cup back in. At that point it has enough power to drive the headphones to comfortable volume levels.

May 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #3,147 of 6,140
from memory resolution is better on dx-200. i don´t write about soundstage. but depending on your headphone, probably v30 is good solution. and with thisd device no pops, no noise

May 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #3,148 of 6,140
I owned the DX200 when it was first released, but sold it very quickly, so I can only comment on its sound with the original amp. I found its sound clean, but utterly boring. It has a noticable (and easily measureable) sub-bass roll-off. The DX200 is not a good yard-stick, IMHO.

If you want to compare against a good-sounding DAP, I would compare against the QP1R or QP2R. Here, the V30 loses in terms of resolution, but only slightly.

May 8, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #3,149 of 6,140
If you want to compare against a good-sounding DAP, I would compare against the QP1R or QP2R. Here, the V30 loses in terms of resolution, but only slightly.

Haven't heard the QP1R or QP2R but if the V30 is able to hang with those DAPs in terms of resolution then thats impressive. Im not expecting the v30 to outperform high end DAPs but as long as it can get me close to performance Id be willing to get rid of my samsung s7 and dx200 for just one device. Thanks for your response.

May 8, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,150 of 6,140
Thanks for the response guys. You audiophiles must live on the East coast lol. Sounds like the hifiman planar magnetics aren't going to reach their full potential with my phone. The search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back