LG V30
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #2,777 of 6,140
yes thank you. i understand that is necessary a wireless charger but some function must be enabled in the phone?

It is automatic just place it on a compatible charger. Samsung's fast wireless charger which I have works fine. It doesn't do the fast charge but it does charge.

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #2,778 of 6,140
Bought myself the V30 about a week ago and I can't decide if you should keep it or not. As a phone it's not really that great.
Compared with my old Lumia 950XL which it's meant to replace, the screen is significantly worse. I don't think it's the hardware itself but rather the terrible calibration LG did on these. It absolutely crushes all near-blacks no matter the brightness setting. There's no way that I know of to adjust the screen's gamma and I can't get any answer from LG about this flaw. The back camera is also a slight downgrade, not to mention the front camera, which I don't need but still, it's very bad for this price range.

The good: the sound is amazing for a phone and even compared to some portable amps. I don't know how it compares to higher end stuff yet, but the Fiio E17K I was previously using is no match for for this phone.
Makes my HD599 more detailed and the soundstage even better. It was good before too but now it's something else :D
Battery life is also very good. It can easily last for more than a day with heavy usage.

I'm torn between returning it and getting an S9 and keep using portable DACs or keep it and live with the flaws.

Just one curiosity:is it possible wireless charge and how?

Works with my Microsoft DT-904 wireless charger but it's getting extremely hot, just like most phones you try to fastcharge wirelessly. I would drop wireless charging for the foreseeable future (on any phone, especially ones with sealed battery that you can't replace easily).

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #2,779 of 6,140
For anyone complaining about camera quality, you should try using the google pixel camera port. For example cstark27's version. You can get it from XDA.

It makes the camera great, imo. Even the terrible front cam becomes decent.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,780 of 6,140
Mar 17, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #2,781 of 6,140
For anyone complaining about camera quality, you should try using the google pixel camera port. For example cstark27's version. You can get it from XDA.

It makes the camera great, imo. Even the terrible front cam becomes decent.
+1

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #2,782 of 6,140
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #2,783 of 6,140
Using a 75 ohm adapter in series with a low impedance headphone such as the Isines will gain you positively nothing at all. What you need is a normal stereo adapter along with a resistor pack soldered to an 1/8th inch plug to trick it into high impedance mode or a high impedance headphone (anything over 50ohms will work) then you plug both into the headphone jack of the V30 or V20 if you have that as it will work with that phone as well then once it registers high impedance mode you can pull the 75 ohm load without pulling the adapter out of the phone & plug your Isine into the adapter that is still plugged into the phone. As long as the adapter remains in the phone it will stay in high impedance mode. If you don't or can't get a high impedance headphone or resistor set to do this you can simply plug in a normal 1/8 stereo adapter with nothing plugged into it then after the phone register aux mode you can plug in the Isines to the adapter & you will have gained 6db in output which may be sufficient.

Almost forgot to mention that what ever you are using to obtain high impedance mode MUST BE PLUGGED INTO THE ADAPTER WHEN YOU PLUG THE ADAPTER INTO THE PHONE then removed from the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone otherwise you will only get aux mode. To get Aux mode you want to plug in the stereo adapter by itself to the phone first then plug the headphones into the adapter after the adapter is plugged into the phone

Freaking excellent man. So much liked

+1 that this should stickied to top of thread or LG board. Thanks.

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #2,785 of 6,140
Auto mode in the camera needs work but with the manual modes you can get great results but that takes a little work. It tends to overexpose in auto mode. It definitely has a better camera than the V20, I have both & tested them side by side with the same shots. V30 takes much better low light shots than the V20. You can take pictures in some cases where the V20 won't even register light though they won't look pretty in either case the v30 always looks better. I wouldn't call the V30 camera poop, maybe not the best when in auto mode which most people use but manual mode makes up for that & you can make an adjustment to very near perfect pictures. It may take more time than you have to use manual mode in many situations though.

Battery life is great for a flagship phone. One of the best flagships around for battery life.

Yes, I've taken some really gorgeous photos with the v30+ in manual mode and it's true what you say about the low light pictures, they are good a lot of the time.

For example, I took a photo in a darkened room, no lights on, just a sliver of light coming from a barely cracked opened door. My eyes could barely see the light coming through but the camera got a very solid beam of light coming through.

In automatic mode pictures are usually completely blurry. I did wipe the camera lens.

One or two things will be sharp and everything else is less sharp.

For example, I took a picture of a sign in front of a building the sign I'd wager was 4 ft. tall and about 10 ft. away from me. The sign showed only the word Washington, written vertically.

The W, A and S were quite sharp but by the letter N, it was already a bit more blurred.

Either way I'm freaking delighted with this phone, I
only chose it because the new Samsungs didn't look/feel wide enough.

I'm glad i chose this its a stunner beast of a phone. Its actually my third LG phone that I've owned and makes me realize they are capable of releasing special products that each have a charm of their own, that includes low-end Tribute 1 and 2 phones which I could say a lot of positive things about that were done right on those devices.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #2,787 of 6,140
Either way I'm freaking delighted with this phone, I
only chose it because the new Samsungs didn't look/feel wide enough.

I'm glad i chose this its a stunner beast of a phone. Its actually my third LG phone that I've owned and makes me realize they are capable of releasing special products that each have a charm of their own, that includes low-end Tribute 1 and 2 phones which I could say a lot of positive things about that were done right on those devices.
Amen. The current Samsung lineup just feel like iterations but I've really fell in love with the V30.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,788 of 6,140
Really impressive the chain from fletwood mac 24/48 trough uapp. I'm very satisfied.
Mobile high end

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,789 of 6,140
Works with my Microsoft DT-904 wireless charger but it's getting extremely hot, just like most phones you try to fastcharge wirelessly. I would drop wireless charging for the foreseeable future (on any phone, especially ones with sealed battery that you can't replace easily).

There is a new Anker wireless charger that looks promising. It's called the Powerwave. It comes as a flat pad or a angled style. About $50 on Amazon.

It does fast charging and has a silent cooling fan.(according to reviews)

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,790 of 6,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back