LG V30
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #2,731 of 6,140
Is battery life on this phone unreal or what? I've only had my V30+ for one week and was just putting on my wireless charger each night, but I decided to not charge until it gets low and standby seems unbelievable !

Went to bed around 11pm showing 67% and at 7am still showing 67% (I do have DoNotDisturb set 11pm-7am)

My time since last charge:
Now showing battery life at 60% at 11am

Usage on battery 33h 38min
Estimated time remaining 42hrs 57mins
Phone idle 1d 9h 38m 977 mAh
Screen Time 2hrs 58m 464 mAh
WiFi running 1d 9h 40m 137mAh

Only done a few hours of music and odd call, plus web browse and some txt's this last day & half, but even so! Standby usage seems amazing. Have GPS/NFC off but Wifi/BT on. Don't use the "Always On Display" function.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #2,732 of 6,140
What do you mean with black background?

He means getting no hissing noise or electrical type noise when listening to quiet/silent sections in music with highly sensitive IEM's like my SE846's.

Only device I've used that was as silent as the V30 is iPhone 5/6/SE and a ZX300 over balanced.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,733 of 6,140
Is battery life on this phone unreal or what? I've only had my V30+ for one week and was just putting on my wireless charger each night, but I decided to not charge until it gets low and standby seems unbelievable !

Went to bed around 11pm showing 67% and at 7am still showing 67% (I do have DoNotDisturb set 11pm-7am)

Only done a few hours of music and odd call, plus web browse and some txt's this last day & half, but even so! Standby usage seems amazing. Have GPS/NFC off but Wifi/BT on. Don't use the "Always On Display" function.
Right on! The battery life is amazing, I especially like how when it gets to 5% it lasts alot longer than you would expect. Not like other phones I've had which seem to speed up the drain when almost dead.

Every V30 battery drain test I've seen only further proves how awesome the V30 is.

Stunning phone.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,734 of 6,140
He means getting no hissing noise or electrical type noise when listening to quiet/silent sections in music with highly sensitive IEM's like my SE846's.

Only device I've used that was as silent as the V30 is iPhone 5/6/SE and a ZX300 over balanced.
understood.thank you
Does the dx200 have the black background like v30?
v30 is better. dx-200 has a lot of problems with wifi, noise when you listen music and put in pause or stop and after restart the music.for the same price, v30+ and chord mojo is better

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #2,736 of 6,140
Guys...i previously mentioned that i am monitoring two crowdfunding campaigns looking for the best bluetooth/wireless speaker i can find for the V30...the first one was the SOLO cylindrical speaker which went live a few weeks ago. The second is a combo speaker/suitcase device that really looks impressive--and it getting some quick backers having gone live only 3 hours ago. I wanted to make you all aware of it (especially you frequent travelers!). This is a pretty slick design no question...CSG...i'll let you critique this one as well :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...utm_term=5399675e-a34e-47c1-b330-6e3d6c2ee646

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #2,737 of 6,140
GjIXOBVl.png

The quality on this with the iSines is kinda blowing my mind.

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,738 of 6,140

Yes. I had a 3 month old v20 and a new backup LG factory battery and charger. It was new so the batteries and phone were in tip top shape. I sold the V20 and picked up up a V30. I liked the new phone but told a couple buddies just get the V20. The $500 difference in price wasn't worth it. The V20 is a great phone.

After using it for a couple weeks I have to say the battery life makes it worth the upgrade.

I use the living hell out of my phone. I'm constantly using it and at the same time have IHeart radio or Tune-In radio going 8 hours a day. I also work outside so I had the screen at or close to 100% brightness all the time. I used to have to swap in the fresh battery at 2 o'clock or so.

Now I get home everyday with 50% or more on my original charge.

The V30 is hands down a much better phone than the V20 and the Note 5 I had previous to the V20.

And it took a while for the V30 to catch on. LG had "issues" with its flagship phones for a few years and people dismissed them. But now it's almost impossible to find V30+'s and v30 are in limited supply. They are selling for about the same price on Swappa as Note 8s and much more than S8s.

Samsung definitely has stiff competition and I'd say they are getting beat by the V30. Especially adding in the audio.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,739 of 6,140
Yes. I had a 3 month old v20 and a new backup LG factory battery and charger. It was new so the batteries and phone were in tip top shape. I sold the V20 and picked up up a V30. I liked the new phone but told a couple buddies just get the V20. The $500 difference in price wasn't worth it. The V20 is a great phone.

After using it for a couple weeks I have to say the battery life makes it worth the upgrade.

I use the living hell out of my phone. I'm constantly using it and at the same time have IHeart radio or Tune-In radio going 8 hours a day. I also work outside so I had the screen at or close to 100% brightness all the time. I used to have to swap in the fresh battery at 2 o'clock or so.

Now I get home everyday with 50% or more on my original charge.

The V30 is hands down a much better phone than the V20 and the Note 5 I had previous to the V20.

And it took a while for the V30 to catch on. LG had "issues" with its flagship phones for a few years and people dismissed them. But now it's almost impossible to find V30+'s and v30 are in limited supply. They are selling for about the same price on Swappa as Note 8s and much more than S8s.

Samsung definitely has stiff competition and I'd say they are getting beat by the V30. Especially adding in the audio.
I have an extended battery for my v20 so charging isn't an issue. There's extended battery for v30 as well.

you notice a big difference in sound quality from v30 vs v20?

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,741 of 6,140
How is chord mojo vs v30?
i had mojo last year. honestly only i remember a good sound. more natural compared to v30. but too much time is pased. anyway, the sense of my post was better a combination of v30 plus mojo, compared to dx-200. android works better in the smartphone. and with tidal on v30 finally no gap between songs

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #2,742 of 6,140
Guys...i previously mentioned that i am monitoring two crowdfunding campaigns looking for the best bluetooth/wireless speaker i can find for the V30...the first one was the SOLO cylindrical speaker which went live a few weeks ago. The second is a combo speaker/suitcase device that really looks impressive--and it getting some quick backers having gone live only 3 hours ago. I wanted to make you all aware of it (especially you frequent travelers!). This is a pretty slick design no question...CSG...i'll let you critique this one as well :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...utm_term=5399675e-a34e-47c1-b330-6e3d6c2ee646

This speaker seems to be completely lacking in magical pixie dust and totally devoid of unicorn horns. So that's a good start... :wink:

When the video reached the part about the suitcase, I thought I'd been rick-rolled, but actually it makes perfect sense for a large resonating chamber. Great idea for travellers. I want one! :)

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #2,743 of 6,140
My sincere apologies if this has been asked before, first post here.

I have an iphone 6s Plus which I use with a Dragonfly Red as my music player. Since the DAC is used by default on the iphone, I use it for streaming movies, Tidal and many other streaming audio/video apps. Given this setup, do I have any advantage to getting a V30 ? It looks like the V30 onboard DAC is used right now only by Tidal and some offline music players? I don't have any hi-res audio files, so any other streaming service would not use the Hi-Fi DAC? (I have the V20, and did not notice any advantage to turning on the DAC when using streaming apps)

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #2,744 of 6,140
This speaker seems to be completely lacking in magical pixie dust and totally devoid of unicorn horns. So that's a good start... :wink:

When the video reached the part about the suitcase, I thought I'd been rick-rolled, but actually it makes perfect sense for a large resonating chamber. Great idea for travellers. I want one! :)

Yeah...but all told the unit will weigh 11 lbs (plus whatever you have in your suitcase). Hit the gym before taking it on the plane! Let me know if you (or anyonoe else) backs it.
Here's a nice review of the prototype...supposedly that suitcase extra makes a world of difference.
http://hifipig.com/nomadic-audio-speakase/

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,745 of 6,140
I have an extended battery for my v20 so charging isn't an issue. There's extended battery for v30 as well.

you notice a big difference in sound quality from v30 vs v20?
At the time I had it I never really used it for music. I only owned it for 2 months and I had a Fiio x3 as a source into a Mojo.

After I got the V30, I sold my Mojo. I didn't sit there and A/B it for hours to see how much better the Mojo might have been, but just causal listening to the Mojo set up then the V30, I could justify keeping the Mojo and X3 when I'm completely satisfied with the V30.

Though I am picking up a Darkvoice amp that I'll feed with my V30 for some HD 650s I use. Not that I'm not happy with the sound from the V30, but there is something about HD6?? and decent tube amps.........I want to give it a whirl. I have a feeling though that the Darkvoice might end up in the for sale section in a month or so.

I also hung onto my X3 to A/B it as a source compared to the V30 into the Darkvoice. The X3 has a line out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back