LG V30
Apr 13, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #6,047 of 6,140
That's not my experience. I compared an A&K AK300 to my G8 ThinQ. Headphones were DT1990, Grado GH4 and Senn IE1. The phone was more detailed and dynamic. USB Audio Player Pro was an important part of the sound.
I understand your point. But you used a full sized headphones and some mediocre iem from sennheiser. Ive tried a couple full sized headphones with my old v30 and it did quite well against the iBasso dx312EXN (not as good but quite close). But he has Theaudio V14 which are high end iems and they are more detailed, more sensitve and more susceptible to a better source. I bet your ak300 is waaay more advanced musically than any LG phone. There is NO WAY your LG is better than the ak. NO WAY.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #6,049 of 6,140
I understand your point. But you used a full sized headphones and some mediocre iem from sennheiser. Ive tried a couple full sized headphones with my old v30 and it did quite well against the iBasso dx312EXN (not as good but quite close). But he has Theaudio V14 which are high end iems and they are more detailed, more sensitve and more susceptible to a better source. I bet your ak300 is waaay more advanced musically than any LG phone. There is NO WAY your LG is better than the ak. NO WAY.
There is a way. I heard it on all three headphones. I reject your claim that using over-ear headphones skewed the result. The GH4 is 32 ohms, an easy load for any device. The DT 1990 Pro is a more difficult load, 250 ohms, but the AK300 has a more powerful amp than the G8. Volume was maxed out on the phone driving the DT 1990, and yet the G8 sounded more transparent and dynamic. Clearly the Quad DAC is more resolving than the AK300 DAC. The AK300 is an older DAP, which may be the reason for my result.

I don't recommend using the DT 1990 with a phone, it sounds far better with separates, but the Grado is brilliant with the G8, and so was my old SR60.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #6,050 of 6,140
There is a way. I heard it on all three headphones. I reject your claim that using over-ear headphones skewed the result. The GH4 is 32 ohms, an easy load for any device. The DT 1990 Pro is a more difficult load, 250 ohms, but the AK300 has a more powerful amp than the G8. Volume was maxed out on the phone driving the DT 1990, and yet the G8 sounded more transparent and dynamic. Clearly the Quad DAC is more resolving than the AK300 DAC. The AK300 is an older DAP, which may be the reason for my result.

I don't recommend using the DT 1990 with a phone, it sounds far better with separates, but the Grado is brilliant with the G8, and so was my old SR60.
Ok sorry my bad. Dont know why but i was thinking about the ak320. The ak300 wasnt an impressive dap and its very possible that the LG sounds better.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #6,051 of 6,140
I meant am I better off with a V30/V40 over a mid range android DAP?
Thought I'd won The Lottery when I first plugged into my V20! Fabulous FM radio, which upgrade to Oreo removed. Immediately got a V30, which sounds just as good, and hasn't been bettered by anything I've auditioned. Got worried this winter about a "backup" in case it craps out, so bought a brand-new V60: couldn't get it to sound equivalent to my V30, so swapped it out for a new V40. Can't get the V40 to get close enough, either, but keep it for fiddling around with streamed music. I've always used Neutron, but it just can't seem to dredge the V40 circuit well enough to match the V30's SQ. Just yesterday I actually found another alleged "new-sealed-in-the-box" V30 with Nougat. We'll see when it arrives . . . . don't take me too wrong on the LG's - the V60 has a ton of bells & whistles, and the V40 still sounds better than almost anything else I've plugged into. You asked a question, and I stepped into it. I'm also guilty of using my V30 exclusively for audio, so a multitude of cell phone goodies aren't factored into my observations.

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #6,052 of 6,140
If you are planning to use delta sigma usb dacs from various manufacturers, it doesn't matter about the phone you are using as a DAP. What's more important are:

a) using a quality streaming service (Tidal, Qobuz)
b) streaming through a bit perfect media player (e.g. UAPP).

Any android phone can do this
yes, but in the case of v30, we can also compare with v30 ess dac

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #6,057 of 6,140
you can just use
  • Viper4android
  • Viper4hifi
  • JamesDSP
THANX for the advice really appreciate it...
I was originally going to use Viper4android but if I'm correct you need to "Root" the V30 to use Viper4android? If this is the case how complicated is it? and more important how safe is it?
Again, I'm under the impression rooting the v30 has issues?
Once again, thanx for your help i really appreciate it👍

Apr 21, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #6,058 of 6,140
you can just install magisk and put everything through it
how complicated is it?
for everyone differently
how safe is it?
in magisk you can choose for which applications to hide that the device has root access to fix various problems
impression rooting the v30 has issues?
I don't need V30 without vipers and root and twrp like any other phone
appreciate it
I think it's easier for you to try to put these 3 modules + audio modification library for compatibility, so that you can install all 3 at the same time and enable all 3 at the same time

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #6,059 of 6,140
you can just install magisk and put everything through it

for everyone differently

in magisk you can choose for which applications to hide that the device has root access to fix various problems

I don't need V30 without vipers and root and twrp like any other phone

I think it's easier for you to try to put these 3 modules + audio modification library for compatibility, so that you can install all 3 at the same time and enable all 3 at the same time
Really really appreciate the help your a star🌟
I'm a bit confused about the last comment where you say install all 3 at the same time? Which 3?
1=Magisk
2=Viper4android
3=?
Sorry I'm not thick i just know NOTHING about mobile phones and how apps & such work! So please think of me as a total newbie? Not to do with audio, I'm ok with this i know how to use eq's ECT.. Just not mobile phones!
Thanx again for your time I really appreciate it my freind👍

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #6,060 of 6,140
Really really appreciate the help your a star🌟
I'm a bit confused about the last comment where you say install all 3 at the same time? Which 3?
1=Magisk
2=Viper4android
3=?
Sorry I'm not thick i just know NOTHING about mobile phones and how apps & such work! So please think of me as a total newbie? Not to do with audio, I'm ok with this i know how to use eq's ECT.. Just not mobile phones!
Thanx again for your time I really appreciate it my freind👍

you can install magisk - this is an application for easy installation of modules, and it`s for root configuration

in the modules menu you can install packages in 1 click

among these packages there is a vipers
1650562718390.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back