LG V30
May 13, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #6,076 of 6,140
Can anyone help me out again and point me in the right direction?
I just purchased the Sony XBA-N3 and when i connected them to my Earstudio ES100 & V30 a info box appeared saying? "Better sound quality can be had using LDAC or APTX go to Bluetooth Device's to activate"
But for the life of me I cannot find Bluetooth Device's on the V30?

May 13, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #6,077 of 6,140
Can anyone help me out again and point me in the right direction?
I just purchased the Sony XBA-N3 and when i connected them to my Earstudio ES100 & V30 a info box appeared saying? "Better sound quality can be had using LDAC or APTX go to Bluetooth Device's to activate"
But for the life of me I cannot find Bluetooth Device's on the V30?
To change codec to LDAC or APTX HD its usually necessary to enable developer options, drop down to the Bluetooth section and pick the required codec.

Another way to activate the default HQ codec is to select "better quality" in the bluetooth options, which may be APTX, APTX-HD or LDAC

May 13, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #6,078 of 6,140
Im affraid NO. I have V30 in a drawer but is not used anymore. Its an amazing sounding phone but it isnt better than my old Pioneer xdp-300r. The sound is maybe more dynamic but is less subtle and sophisticated. You mentioned, you have the V14 which are rather high quality iems, so you will be better off with a good dap IMHO.
36hrs vs 12hrs playtime .... No brainer!!!

May 14, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #6,082 of 6,140
After some great advice in this thread(thank u🤞) I'm gonna install Viper4android, I just needed some more advice from people using it to see how it effects a couple of things I use on a daily basis and if people have had any issues with then after the Viper install?
1st I use Mobile Hotspot EVERY day has anyone had difficulty with this after the viper install?
2nd I mainly use streaming services Amazon Unlimited & Tidle in particular, will i still get a benefit using Viper with these streaming services in comparison to using my own music library?
Once again, thanx for all the help its much appreciated

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #6,084 of 6,140
After some great advice in this thread(thank u🤞) I'm gonna install Viper4android, I just needed some more advice from people using it to see how it effects a couple of things I use on a daily basis and if people have had any issues with then after the Viper install?
1st I use Mobile Hotspot EVERY day has anyone had difficulty with this after the viper install?
2nd I mainly use streaming services Amazon Unlimited & Tidle in particular, will i still get a benefit using Viper with these streaming services in comparison to using my own music library?
Once again, thanx for all the help its much appreciated
Use xda for viper4android. Don't use any other site.
I hate dongles. I never have it nearby when I need it and I hate my Bluetooth earbuds when I'm out working construction. They work but if you're having to take them off frequently for phone calls or to talk to someone it's much easier to just reconnect your phone jack. That's why I'm switching from my OnePlus 8 pro to the LG v60. The last top of the line LG phone and it's still getting rave reviews in 2022. Even the v30 could still be used daily, the only real downside is lack of updates now if that worries you.
I bought the austell and kern dongle for my v60. What a pain in the azz!

It drained my battery like there was no tomorrow and dongles are expensive and extremely easy to lose or misplace. I hate Apple for starting that crap.

May 15, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #6,088 of 6,140
How do you guys change batteries in these, DIY seems quite involving and risky?
I changed the battery in mine with care and following one of the guides online, no problems.

There is one problem I encountered though, where to find a decent replacement battery. Genuine BL-T34 batteries most likely will be new old stock so may not be very good.

May 15, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #6,089 of 6,140
I was just wondering what IEMs you are most fond of or have had most pleasant experience listening with LG dac? I'm in the market for an IEMs, and would love to hear people input
IEMS: I think the Tin HiFi T4s and Rose Mini II MKIIs pair well with both the LGV30 and V40. The KZ ZSN Pros sound good too.

Headphones: I like the Beyerdynamic DT880s with both the V30 and V40 - they sound blissful. For closed back, I like the Takstar Pro 82s.

Wirless: I love the fact the V30 and V40 have LDAC too as the wirless Sony WH-1000XM3s sound great. I personally think the XM3s sound better paired with the V40.

May 15, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #6,090 of 6,140
I changed the battery in mine with care and following one of the guides online, no problems.

There is one problem I encountered though, where to find a decent replacement battery. Genuine BL-T34 batteries most likely will be new old stock so may not be very good.
I replaced mine too. Grandado had a legitimate LG BL-T34 battery. I had to wait for a few weeks for it to be shipped, but it is good as new. Accu Battery is good for diagnostically testing the health of your battery. My one is at 95% after 25 charge cycles. Just take care when heating the back of the phone (when following YouTube advice). You need a decent heat gun or plate as well as a decent sized keyring suction pad - small ones aren't good. Or use a battery replacement service 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back