LG V30
Nov 4, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #5,957 of 6,140
it is generally difficult to find a replacement for v30
one of the best screens on the market
dac and a lot of custom firmware
can be bought for $ 100
I still haven't found anything better
I will wait for the rest to fall in price
A more recent LG will have a longer lasting battery, as they have a shelf life. V60 or G8 makes more sense.

Nov 4, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,959 of 6,140
there are no custom firmwares on v60

While I rooted one of my V30s, I never used the root much, except for some tests. And unlike with my Nexus 5 before, I never found a need for custom ROMs on V30. I did check out Ainur Sauron, but ended up removing it again.

I am not a great believer in "boosting" sound or messing with the audio stack, EXCEPT to avoid the upsampling of RedBook tracks. That upsampling is my only concern with Quad DAC sound quality -- and UAPP takes care of it in all my use cases, which include local files, network files and Tidal streaming. But of course there is Amazon and Apple streaming...

But as for rooting, it is very nice to know that you COULD if the need arises. Particularly once LG updates stop coming. To me that is the essence. I believe G8 and V50 have root since we have firehose for them. Not sure about V60.

That said, unfortunately custom ROMs are not the solution they used to be unless we can get VoLTE on them. But there are some amazing pieces of work, that's for sure!

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #5,960 of 6,140
never found
i want use twrp and vipers on my phone with dac
magisk and magisk modules
not only for sound

unfortunately the phone is a difficult thing
and I have a huge number of requirements for her

i thought to take s10 or s20, s21
but there is no dac
and there is a huge shim on the screen

in s21 they reduced the screen resolution
I don't understand why at all

Nov 6, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #5,961 of 6,140
I'd urge anyone with a V30 to have a listen to it in high impedance mode (after removing the HIM adapter from the chain). Yes, it plays louder, but in my experience, the overall sound quality is far superior. I have found this to be the case with all the IEMs and headphones I've tried with it. The sound quality pushes the Mojo very, very close but for portable use the convenience of the V30 on its own is a no brainer.
on custom firmware, you can forcibly set high impedance mode without any adapters and more
there you can adjust the volume of the output operational amplifiers ess, in order not to greatly lose the sound quality

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #5,965 of 6,140
on custom firmware, you can forcibly set high impedance mode without any adapters and more
there you can adjust the volume of the output operational amplifiers ess, in order not to greatly lose the sound quality

Which custom firmware?

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #5,966 of 6,140
1636198709578.png

1636198816804.png

Which custom firmware?
any for v30
lineage os
havos
eth

i can listen to v30 only with them

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #5,967 of 6,140
After rooting and updating to Android 9, I lost my GPS functionality. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #5,969 of 6,140
Thank you! Do you have a link to a guide and a firmware download?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back