LG V30
Aug 17, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #5,911 of 6,140
We've tested a ton of devices single-ended vs balanced, and have never (even once) seen an improvement in SQ from the balanced output. You can check the numbers by going here: https://www.hypethesonics.com/dapti-database/ and selecting the 'All Variants' option. The only real use for a balanced output is higher output power, but that almost always comes at a price of double the output impedance.

Choose your poison carefully :wink:

Don't drink the balanced Kool-Aid... :sunglasses:

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #5,912 of 6,140
Well, you're not going to be able to go pure balanced with the V30 and use the internal DAC. Even if you used a headphone amp, the phone/line out on the V30 is still single-ended. I'm not personally a believer in balanced is always better, unless you need more power. Of course a USB/DAC/AMP would work but it 's bypassing the internal DAC,
This is exactly what i wanted to know thank you. I did think it wasn't really possible becomes as you say once an external amp/dac is connected it will automatically bypass the V30 amp/dac which is the whole reason i purchased the V30!
Once again thanks for your help it was exactly what i needed👍

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #5,913 of 6,140
We've tested a ton of devices single-ended vs balanced, and have never (even once) seen an improvement in SQ from the balanced output. You can check the numbers by going here: https://www.hypethesonics.com/dapti-database/ and selecting the 'All Variants' option. The only real use for a balanced output is higher output power, but that almost always comes at a price of double the output impedance.

Choose your poison carefully :wink:
This is VERY interesting i will for sure give it a good read-👍 I have a FiiO Btr3k on its way(purely for Bluetooth) so i will give it a good listen both 2.5 & 3.5. Thank you for your help its much appreciated and exactly the help i needed👍 actually while I'm here and because you are all very helpful. Have you tried the V60? I'm curious what the updated DAC is like in comparison to the V30. I'm VERY impressed with the V30 to be honest, most DAP's up to & around the £100-£150 uses the same ESS9218P so for it to be used in a mobile phone is pretty amazing! I'm also curious about which Music App to use with the V30? I already own Power Amp but after reading parts of this thread and else where UAPP is the best match for V30? Sorry one last thing. Does the UAPP have a Android Wear controller? I love controlling Power Amp from my watch. Once again,thank you ALL for your help you have saved me hours of searching and gave info i couldn't find anywhere online!

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #5,916 of 6,140
Does anyone know the exact specs of the battery pack used by the LG V30? I need to order one.

This is the OEM one. There are various aftermarket ones available as well.

1629229202039.png

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #5,918 of 6,140
What's people's take on the qualities of different 2.5mm -3.5mm adapters? Do you think buying a more expensive adapter with things like '8-Core Silver Plated' or 'Single Crystal Copper' ect..? I do believe in different cables produce different frequencies for example Silver attenuate's high frequency and copper attenuate's low frequencies and has better control and Silver Plated Single Crystal Copper defiantly has a more balanced sound across the board! The reason im asking is i have a Audio Effect Areas II Cable which is terminated in 2.5mm balanced for use with Btr3k but i also want to use it with my V30 so need an adapter!
Iv bought a generic standard Adapter for a couple £ but am considering getting a Sinle Crystal Copper adapter to match the cable but it cost £10-£20!
What are peoples thoughts?

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #5,919 of 6,140
What's people's take on the qualities of different 2.5mm -3.5mm adapters? Do you think buying a more expensive adapter with things like '8-Core Silver Plated' or 'Single Crystal Copper' ect..? I do believe in different cables produce different frequencies for example Silver attenuate's high frequency and copper attenuate's low frequencies and has better control and Silver Plated Single Crystal Copper defiantly has a more balanced sound across the board! The reason im asking is i have a Audio Effect Areas II Cable which is terminated in 2.5mm balanced for use with Btr3k but i also want to use it with my V30 so need an adapter!
Iv bought a generic standard Adapter for a couple £ but am considering getting a Sinle Crystal Copper adapter to match the cable but it cost £10-£20!
No.
Don't fall into that hocus pokus bc it doesn't matter, at least at this short distances.

The quality of the connectors are way more important than the wiring for this purpose. And so are the soldering abilities, imo.

Aug 19, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #5,920 of 6,140

Unless you have really low impedance IEMs (Shure SE846, maybe CA Andromeda) or a source with high output impedance, I can't imagine a decent quality adapter affecting the sound. More Kool-Aid.

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #5,921 of 6,140
Unless you have really low impedance IEMs (Shure SE846, maybe CA Andromeda) or a source with high output impedance, I can't imagine a decent quality adapter affecting the sound. More Kool-Aid.
Yes that's my thinking also just wondered if any has ACTUALLY experienced a difference?👍

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #5,922 of 6,140
Yes that's my thinking also just wondered if any has ACTUALLY experienced a difference?👍
The more money you spend on cables or whatever the more bias you will experience by yourself to find them better. You can't have spent money that useless. It is like it is so yes, feel free to spend as much as you can afford or justify and you will be 'satisfied'.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #5,924 of 6,140
Hi guys... I'm a Apple Music user and I found a very good V30 near home.
I read a lot in these days, but not understanding much, so it's better to ask to experienced owner: will the V30 play Apple Music through its internal "hifi quad dac" to headphone jack, or will the system resample everything for the well known App/Android limits???
I just want to have only one music-device to carry without any dongle, cable, external dac etc etc...
Thank you very much!

Oct 16, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #5,925 of 6,140
Hi. I see LG V35, AT&T, available from local market. Will it have B&O tuning or meridian one? Should I get it or v30, or v30 plus? I do not want warm tuning so meridian one is not good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back