LG V30
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #541 of 6,140
I just got a tmobile v30 and I cannot get it to show me what type of device I've connected to it. All the screenshots I've seen has that listed (normal, high impedance, etc) at the very top of the DAC options page, but mine just has the volume at the top, then the filters, and eq. Anyone else have this issue?

I plugged my HD800S into it and they sound pretty damn good, so I'm sure it's working like it should, but I'd like to see it report the right type of output device to me. Any ideas?
Mine doesn't show it either. I figured it was something that was dropped/gained in a software update or Tmobile doesn't have it in their ROM.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #542 of 6,140
Mine doesn't show it either. I figured it was something that was dropped/gained in a software update or Tmobile doesn't have it in their ROM.

Ok thanks for confirming. I wonder if it's something specific with the T-mobile model. Can anyone else with T-mobile chime in?

How about the people that do show that information, what carrier are you with?

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #543 of 6,140
I just got a tmobile v30 and I cannot get it to show me what type of device I've connected to it. All the screenshots I've seen has that listed (normal, high impedance, etc) at the very top of the DAC options page, but mine just has the volume at the top, then the filters, and eq. Anyone else have this issue?

I plugged my HD800S into it and they sound pretty damn good, so I'm sure it's working like it should, but I'd like to see it report the right type of output device to me. Any ideas?
My T-Mobile V30 doesn't either. I have seen someone else mention this on XDA but I haven't checked back to see if there has been anything further.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #544 of 6,140

I have AT&T and it works as advertised. Recognizes my IEMs as low impedance, my AKGs as high, and line out to my stereo.

I wouldn't have thought a carrier's software would mess with that but lo and behold... I'm glad it's still working for you though.

But to be sure of it... What volume are you having to put the 800s too? My AKGs are 120ohm but I can enjoy them at volume level 35 almost as well as my portable options at the same level. So if it's working fully, you shouldn't have to have it very high.

Just a thought

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #547 of 6,140
Does anyone that's got the V30 have ANY complaint beside this weird T-mobile glitch?

I have yet to find a fault with this phone and the only thing I don't love is the LG keyboard...(I keep hitting the wrong keys for the secondary characters)

Also... Has anyone found any great features that may not be so obvious to use? I've only explored the phone a little so I'm wondering if there are some cool tricks up its sleeve that I may have missed.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #548 of 6,140
Screenshot_2017-10-20-23-23-28.png

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #550 of 6,140
Attach adapter first
Then you need to play music first
Then attach iem to adapter.

It will force to external mode.
That's what we are saying, it doesn't show on the T-Mobile variant.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #551 of 6,140
Does anyone that's got the V30 have ANY complaint beside this weird T-mobile glitch?

I have yet to find a fault with this phone and the only thing I don't love is the LG keyboard...(I keep hitting the wrong keys for the secondary characters)

Also... Has anyone found any great features that may not be so obvious to use? I've only explored the phone a little so I'm wondering if there are some cool tricks up its sleeve that I may have missed.
Agree about the keyboard, but coming from the G6 I was already using Gboard. I don't think the auto brightness is great, not horrible just not great.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #552 of 6,140
"Lols" & "head shakes" at those of you selling off your dedicated DAPs now that you have the V30. It's still a PHONE. I do plan to get the V30 but I will never get rid of my DAPs/amps. Number one reason is battery. For the amount of time I listen to music in a day the battery charge life of a phone would need to improve by 150% to 200% at least. Second reason it is often nice to be able to listen to audio without remembering to turn off incoming calls, notifications, and text messaging. I bet one day you'll miss not having your dedicated hi-res DAP.

Anyway, thanks for the chuckles. Looking forward to the new toy within the next day or two.

Side note: remember when the HTC One M8 was considered the be all and end all of "audiophile phones"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back