LG V30
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #484 of 6,140
DSC02724.JPG

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #485 of 6,140
If anyone having the Lg G6 Quad DAC version and can compare with V30 pls ?

Is there a huge upgrade in SQ between the 2?

HUGE difference.

Frankly, the G6 was garbage in comparison. The G5 was better with its B&O play attachment.

Aside from the updated hardware, they are obviously essentially the same phone... so if you like the 6 but want better audio, the 30 is a great choice in my opinion. I like it as much as ANY DAP I've heard.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #486 of 6,140
HUGE difference.

Frankly, the G6 was garbage in comparison. The G5 was better with its B&O play attachment.

Aside from the updated hardware, they are obviously essentially the same phone... so if you like the 6 but want better audio, the 30 is a great choice in my opinion. I like it as much as ANY DAP I've heard.
Which high end daps have you tried?

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #487 of 6,140
Which high end daps have you tried?

Honestly I couldn't tell you specific models as I only ever used them in audio shops that had them set up to demo.

I know I tried a couple Sonys, AK, and others that I simply can't recall... they were all out of my price range so I was really just trying to see what my headphones could do with better quality sources.

I've never used one in my regular life or repeatedly so I can't claim knowledge of the nuances that each may have. All i know is the sound i got from headphones then and what I get with the same headphones from my V30 now. Which, as I said, is equal to my memory.

I use HP50s as my portable cans and with the V30 and tidal, I feel like I've found an entirely new level of their performance. The stage and imaging from the V30 is immaculate; along with as much sub-bass presence as I've ever heard out of these headphones; and the already incredible detail they gave from my old phone is now markedly better as well.

I'm pretty new to higher quality portable music but I do have an infuriatingly sensitive ear and I have yet to find a single fault with the sound from my 30, with anything I've plugged into it.

It makes my cheap Senny ie30s sound great, it drives my 612Pros to perfection(seems to be no coloration that I can detect), and makes my home system spine tinglingly beautiful.

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #488 of 6,140
I agree ....i was about to sell some of my headphones because they just sat on the desk. After buying this phone i doubt i will sell my hidition nt6 now.

Oct 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #489 of 6,140
Honestly I couldn't tell you specific models as I only ever used them in audio shops that had them set up to demo.

I know I tried a couple Sonys, AK, and others that I simply can't recall... they were all out of my price range so I was really just trying to see what my headphones could do with better quality sources.

I've never used one in my regular life or repeatedly so I can't claim knowledge of the nuances that each may have. All i know is the sound i got from headphones then and what I get with the same headphones from my V30 now. Which, as I said, is equal to my memory.

I use HP50s as my portable cans and with the V30 and tidal, I feel like I've found an entirely new level of their performance. The stage and imaging from the V30 is immaculate; along with as much sub-bass presence as I've ever heard out of these headphones; and the already incredible detail they gave from my old phone is now markedly better as well.

I'm pretty new to higher quality portable music but I do have an infuriatingly sensitive ear and I have yet to find a single fault with the sound from my 30, with anything I've plugged into it.

It makes my cheap Senny ie30s sound great, it drives my 612Pros to perfection(seems to be no coloration that I can detect), and makes my home system spine tinglingly beautiful.

True. One of main advantage of audiophile phone such as v series or cmx1 is at its price vs functionality. Sure, you can get better dap, but it costs much more and without phone functionality. While, arguably, even if v30 perhaps have 90% audio quality of totl dap, its price and combined functionality (with phone and excellent camera, not to mention comfort of carrying only one device) make v30 serious contender to any totl dap.From my short-time use, I dare say It surely beat many midrange daps out there.

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #490 of 6,140
True. One of main advantage of audiophile phone such as v series or cmx1 is at its price vs functionality. Sure, you can get better dap, but it costs much more and without phone functionality. While, arguably, even if v30 perhaps have 90% audio quality of totl dap, its price and combined functionality (with phone and excellent camera, not to mention comfort of carrying only one device) make v30 serious contender to any totl dap.From my short-time use, I dare say It surely beat many midrange daps out there.

I'd also through the OLED screen into the conversation of increased value.

With headphones, it's like seeing a movie in large format at a theater.

The way the phone presents the location and dynamics of action sequences in Force Awakens is amazing. And with the HDR and OLED, the screen is faaaar superior to my local theater.

Aaaand there's the infinite expandable memory with SD cards.

I thought long and hard about a DAP instead of the phone but I couldn't find a single reason to justify it.

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #491 of 6,140
Received my V30 yesterday and haven't had much listening time yet. Brief listens on two occasions so far have positive, very positive. I doubt I will get around to writing a review any time soon as I have a to finish some commitments but I will be happy to answer questions or try to compare to DAPs if anyone has questions.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #492 of 6,140
Received my V30 yesterday and haven't had much listening time yet. Brief listens on two occasions so far have positive, very positive. I doubt I will get around to writing a review any time soon as I have a to finish some commitments but I will be happy to answer questions or try to compare to DAPs if anyone has questions.

Could you compare Opus2 or DX200 vs V30 by using Zeus XR?

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #495 of 6,140
HUGE difference.

The dac in G6 and V30 is same right ?

So the tuning makes the difference?

In what sound department you find huge improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back