LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 22, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #1,981 of 4,141
  i just got this app   poweramp. if ur willing to play around with the eq settings ur set. the music is so loud i cant even turn it up all the way. anyone having problems with their v20 needs to try this app.  

however.......     they only give a 2 week free trial. then you have to buy the app. i say its worth it. 

Yeah I've been using Poweramp for YEARS now, and it's THE BEST music app available. I've tried out SEVERAL other ones too, but overall, Poweramp is the best. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,983 of 4,141
  note that i used ">=" instead of ">" between last 3 groups 
tongue.gif

only opa1622 stands out significantly, others are basically on the same level.

s7 is not exactly a hifi phone...but fiio x5-2 and e12a should have much more powerful amps than V20 according to spec, but i've never used them so i don't know.

Not exactly? ROFL The audio AND CALL quality of the S7 is dogsh*t! I had that phone for 4 months last year. It was f'ing awful for sound. Even WITH HD Voice the calls still sounded tinny and compressed. When connecting my Oppo HA-2 amp/DAC to it via MicroUSB, the sound would "skip" like every 3-5 minutes. Found out months after I'd sold it that apparently there was a bug in the driver of the MicroUSB port, and that's what caused the skipping. You don't see that stuff happen in Sony, HTC, or LG phones. 

The V20's High Impedance Mode amp can be triggered using a special adapter like this one. Someone on here told me that and so I ordered it and when it comes in I'm gonna try it out on my cousin's V20 since I'm returning mine and keeping the HTC 10. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #1,984 of 4,141
Yeah. I've had that happen, but I don't really use my H3's that much. Mostly use my CIEM, Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL with MAM module.

B&O score 100 for QC points. I'm cutting the end off of these and replacing the connector.

So, went rummaging through my Headphone wire box and found some promising pieces... going to replace the connector.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #1,985 of 4,141
Collin, sorry about your v20 problems, hopefully your new one will be trouble-free. Mine has been working great. And sorry to hear you are thinking of parting with the P1...you did try them on the V20, right? :wink:

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,986 of 4,141
Have anybody tried a USB portable DAC on this thing?

I have trouble how to turn on my LH Labs Geek Out. On my Note 3 it was solid.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #1,988 of 4,141
Collin, sorry about your v20 problems, hopefully your new one will be trouble-free. Mine has been working great. And sorry to hear you are thinking of parting with the P1...you did try them on the V20, right?
wink.gif

Thanks my friend. I'll report back when I get the new one Tuesday. On the plus side, my V20 thinks I'm always in "aux" mode so all my IEMs are loud! Haha. 

P1 and V20 is an absolute great pairing. Kicking it into high-gain, this is a great portable combo with proper power to drive them. Again, I hope my P1s don't sell!

-Collin-

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #1,989 of 4,141
I have a portable amplifier fiioe12a.

The v10 / 20 does not need! HighGain trick is beautiful and strong voice.

But the galaxy S7 MUST because of poor amp. (By the way her voice quality is very far from v20 to.) These sabre DAc / AMP that are in the V series, the phone is exceptional. In my opinion there is no better. ( in phone category )I emphasize, HighGain trick + poveramp v3 (Either HTC or samsung or any other, there's no better ZTE axon 7 too)

(I tried the Fioo e12a in the V series, redundant, not have been better, the AMP's own right!)

With these two, inexpensive device used in the V10 and V20 to use it at. (High Gain trick) so all kinds of root - without viper4a) is worth a try. :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUNU-3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-Plug-For-Hi-Fi-player-AMP-DAC-Earphone-/380932180092?var=&hash=item58b153c87c:m:mTYTIMVVhRj3Y73N82lrXLg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-L-Shape-Right-Angle-3-5mm-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Adapter-Connector-HFUS-/390645010934?hash=item5af441d1f6:g:AyQAAOxy-NVSDu1a

The high gain, the following tips: (Because it may be that not everyone is familiar with the method, when to me, then I'm sorry to be so repetitive.)
Let's buy an extender (such as this or functional ear headset / headphones have a 75 ohm impedance and interface.

1, Connect the Extender impedance adapter, and then this "ensemble" plug in the phone's 3.5 mm jack socket. At this moment, the V10 high gain mode.
2, If you pull out the impedance adapter (and only remains plugged into the Extender) in the V10 remains high gain mode.
3,then plug the headphones were plugged into the Extender is on the phone (Small aesthetic problem is that the Extender is plugged in while listening to music.)
The above method, of course, the headphones just under 50 ohms should be used.

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #1,990 of 4,141
Have anybody tried a USB portable DAC on this thing?

I have trouble how to turn on my LH Labs Geek Out. On my Note 3 it was solid.

Ok I need a powered hub to turn it on. V20 doesn't have enough juice to power it up.

I guess need to wait for V30 for a possible USB 3.1 C implementation...

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,991 of 4,141

Ok I need a powered hub to turn it on. V20 doesn't have enough juice to power it up.

I guess need to wait for V30 for a possible USB 3.1 C implementation...

Mickey..............I just posted this msg a few days ago in this thread. You may have missed it, so I'm reposting it here again. These options will enable you to get MORE juice out of the V20. Option 1 will give you some more, while Option 2 (which I have yet to confirm, but someone on here told me it works) will give you the MOST juice (High Impedance Mode). 

Hope this helps!

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,992 of 4,141
Thanks for your help Bro.!

But I was intending of using a portable USB DAC to its USB-C connector NOT getting more power output on its 3.5mm connector..

Like this setup of mine on my old Note 3. But anyway thanks!

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,993 of 4,141
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ZXELmbk6g
( I think the Sennheiser HD800S crust drives correctly, it may not be limited to the force. :) )

Note3 + Mp3 (The more lower resolution :) + With a loud Tiesto + Dragonfly Red () = good combo :)

I think the V40 would not be good for you. It was just a joke.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,994 of 4,141
Anyone using IEMatch with their V20 and has a case with large enough headphone cutout to accommodate the IEMatch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back