LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 21, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #1,951 of 4,141
  i just got my lg v20 like 10 days ago. great phone. main reason i got it was because of the dac. i have the international version and im using it in canada. the problem im having is that the music is not loud enough. im using the b and o h3 earphones that came with the v20. there isnt alot of bass. when i toogel between the hi-fi on and off it makes no difference. can anyone help me? or maybe explain to me whats going on. it is just the headphones? 

You have 2 options saad. See below. 

I too got the int'l V20, and it's great, though b/c phablets are just NOT my thing lol, I am returning it for the HTC 10. Anyway.........you probably are in one of 3 modes. There's Normal mode (weakest amp), Aux or EDD (External Device Detected) mode (2nd strongest amp), and High Impedance mode (HIM) (STRONGEST amp). There are tricks you can do to force the V20 to give you those stronger amps. And they are.....................

1) To get Aux/EDD mode, you need THIS connector (or adapter) which I currently have and am returning with my V20. Try to find it on the Canada Amazon, eBay, etc. I can confirm that it DEFINITELY works! The TRICK with both this and the next one is you MUST connect/insert the adapter into the phone FIRST, and THEN connect the headphones into the adapter SECOND. Or else it won't work. 

2) Now this one I'm still waiting for to try out on my cousin's V20, but someone on here told me that THIS 3.5mm Impedance Adapter on eBay can trick the V20 to go into HIM, even IF you are using headphones with an impedance factor UNDER 50 ohms (50 ohms is the cutoff I guess). So I got the 75 ohm one. Someone else said the 100 ohm one or ESP the 175 ohm one can cause some distortion in the bass. I have NO clue yet if this one even works as it won't arrive until next week. You can reply to me in like a week or so from now to follow-up if you like, but it all depends on when I see my cousin. I'll see him Monday for sure, but I may not have it by then. I'm assuming since you didn't get HIM that your headphones must also be under 50 ohms like mine.

Read what I said above carefully and lemme know if you have any questions.

Good luck! 

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,953 of 4,141
What kind of player you are using? Poweramp is recommended, it is the v3 version. With the the HighGain trick. Beautifully says (AD900x-ATH, ATH-MSR7) In my opinion, this  DAP less than 50 ohm headphones is best, but in HighGain. PowerAMP DVC set from 0-100. Even the DSD / DSF music is strongly speak beautifully.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #1,954 of 4,141
+1

Indeed, it is the exact procedure.

As is also in the works LGV10 at it! I am so I use the impedance jack. And beautiful is all about. You do not need root and viper4android not. But in any case it is PowerAMP alpha703. Very good EQ.

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #1,955 of 4,141
  i just got my lg v20 like 10 days ago. great phone. main reason i got it was because of the dac. i have the international version and im using it in canada. the problem im having is that the music is not loud enough. im using the b and o h3 earphones that came with the v20. there isnt alot of bass. when i toogel between the hi-fi on and off it makes no difference. can anyone help me? or maybe explain to me whats going on. it is just the headphones? 

if you mean no difference in sound quality, that's normal.
if you mean no difference in volume...well, maybe find someone else to double check?

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,956 of 4,141

Wow that sux! lol But at least it resolved itself. Strange that it did so in such a short time. Usually when I have phone issues it goes on for MONTHS. lol

Woke up this morning and noticed my HiFi option was stuck on again. This is really starting to get frustrating. Can't make any calls via the earpiece of the speakerphone while it's stuck in this mode. Only headphones work. Argh!!!

Please V20, do not fail me now :frowning2:

-Collin-

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,957 of 4,141

Woke up this morning and noticed my HiFi option was stuck on again. This is really starting to get frustrating. Can't make any calls via the earpiece of the speakerphone while it's stuck in this mode. Only headphones work. Argh!!!

-Collin-

I dunno man. lol Maybe it's time for a replacement? 

I tried both the V20 and HTC 10 out this past week. Yesterday I decided to return the V20 and keep the 10. I don't like phablets and they both sound equally great. Amp-wise (headphones), the 10 actually can get louder than the V20 in Aux/EDD, though I'm sure in HIM (High Impedance Mode), the V20 would be louder. But even on my quieter Hi-Res albums, the 10 had enough power to drive them on my 32-oh AKG K551 headphones, with some "juice" to spare. Plus with this unlocked HTC I got (works only on GSM networks like T-Mobile & AT&T, not Verizon or Sprint), b/c HTC actually cared enough to meet T-Mobile's mandated certification requirements to have VoLTE/HD Voice, my unlocked 10 has that capability where my int'l V20 does not. Something to think about. lol

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,958 of 4,141
I am sure about that . Now that the V10 / V20 is the best sounding and best phone amplifiers. Of course HighGain tricks to improve your amplifier. I tried a couple of phone Galaxy s7 / etc HTC10. V10 / V20 These beautiful voice, only Fiio x7 or AK dap is better .. But you can not call them :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,959 of 4,141

-Collin-

usually it's caused by some rogue app playing audio in the background.
try clear all apps from recents panel, or even better, reset the phone.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #1,960 of 4,141
  I am sure about that . Now that the V10 / V20 is the best sounding and best phone amplifiers. Of course HighGain tricks to improve your amplifier. I tried a couple of phone Galaxy s7 / etc HTC10. V10 / V20 These beautiful voice, only Fiio x7 or AK dap is better .. But you can not call them :)

in term of amps, personally i rank them in this order:
opa1622 > opa1612 >= es9602 >= ess integrated (es9018q2c, es9118, es9218)

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,961 of 4,141
  usually it's caused by some rogue app playing audio in the background.
try clear all apps from recents panel, or even better, reset the phone.

Just completed a factory reset and as soon as I got to the Google login screen, the headphone icon appeared and will not turn off. Damn, I guess it's time for warranty. How ironic two days after I got rid of my S7. This sucks. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #1,962 of 4,141

Just completed a factory reset and as soon as I got to the Google login screen, the headphone icon appeared and will not turn off. Damn, I guess it's time for warranty. How ironic two days after I got rid of my S7. This sucks. 

before you do that, do two things -
1) Get a can of compressed air, and try to gently blow out anything that might be int eh headphone jack.
2) power off the phone, and remove the battery. Soak a q-tip in 90% Isopropal Alcohol, and try to clean any debris from the jack.  Conversely, you can get electronics contact cleaner if you feelk better with that.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #1,963 of 4,141
Anyone else get their B&O H3 headphones? I've had mine replaced twice, 3rd pair... Same damn issue. If you twist the 3.5mm plug, you hear static and channels cut out. Though, if you keep twisting and get it right, they sound fairly decent.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #1,964 of 4,141
Anyone else get their B&O H3 headphones? I've had mine replaced twice, 3rd pair... Same damn issue. If you twist the 3.5mm plug, you hear static and channels cut out. Though, if you keep twisting and get it right, they sound fairly decent.
Yeah. I've had that happen, but I don't really use my H3's that much. Mostly use my CIEM, Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL with MAM module.

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,965 of 4,141
Yeah. I've had that happen, but I don't really use my H3's that much. Mostly use my CIEM, Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL with MAM module.

B&O score 100 for QC points. I'm cutting the end off of these and replacing the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back