LG V20 Sound Quality
Nov 17, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #1,036 of 4,141
Anyone know of any app or incoming development of an app that uses the 2nd screen for music playback? Google play does and that's all I have right now other than foobar and foobar doesn't utilize the 2nd screen. I'd like to be able to use those controls when I'm out and about.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,037 of 4,141
  Anyone know of any app or incoming development of an app that uses the 2nd screen for music playback? Google play does and that's all I have right now other than foobar and foobar doesn't utilize the 2nd screen. I'd like to be able to use those controls when I'm out and about.

I use Poweramp and BubbleUPNP and they both show music controls. In fact, all media players I've used show controls on the 2nd screen. Weird that Foobar doesn't...

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #1,038 of 4,141
advise to all neutron player users

well I am used to use neutron player and always used to adjust hardware audio setting before using the phone even, as that is how I used to use neutron, where I used to use direct usb driver, 32 bit output I used to do this in all devices, but something in lg v20 totally sounded off all this time. So I went back and chose generic usb driver and unticked 32 bit output and unticked 64 bit processing, and the sound is much much better, so my previous judgement were maybe because I used to set neutron automatically by changing audio hardware settings and I guess that is were things got screwed around all this past time.

well now back to stock hardware settings things sound much much better, as before really its was a mess

my advice for people using neutron do not mess with hardware audio settings and keep things at stock settings

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,039 of 4,141

I've already suggested how it might work.

But it looks like the H3's cable is not detachable and it has an in-line mic/remote so that will prevent them from ever getting high mode.

Even if the cable were detachable, we'd still need to know the ohm rating of the adapter (perhaps you should PM the guy who it worked for and get a brand/model#).

Don't understand why you're asking us if an unspecified adapter that someone found in a box of old cables will work to trick the phone into high power? Given the lack of info on that one piece, how could we possibly know?

I'm not sure who is more confused...me or you?
I've already attached a screenshot of my V20 with the B&O PLAY H3 indicating that it triggers the "High Impedance" mode...this is not always the case.

I'm just going to let this issue rest.

Thanks for the help though. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,040 of 4,141
  I use Poweramp and BubbleUPNP and they both show music controls. In fact, all media players I've used show controls on the 2nd screen. Weird that Foobar doesn't...

Thanks I'll look into those. I dug around the settings and still cant get foobar to play nice with the 2nd screen.

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,041 of 4,141
I've been going back and forth between my sony pha-3 and the lg v20 and can say that the two do sound different but the quality is present in either case but the sound is just different from each other. The v20 is a little more forward in vocals which makes for a more intimate sound while the sony has a deeper and wider soundstages which is probably best for classical and other certain genres.  The Sony is more softer and more polite--possibly refined--but I often times enjoy the v20 more because I want a more energetic sound. I enjoy in ear monitors because of how intimate they can be but sometimes the sony is a little too far from intimate but the v20 fits the bill. I have read in a review that the v20 sounds identical to the expensive astell and kern dac/amp, so maybe the fact is that the dac is good enough for high quality sound but one can go elsewhere if interested in a different type of sound.

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,042 of 4,141
  OK so it looks like Poweramp has lower volume vs the stock player / PlayerPro even from the headphone jack. It's not related to Bluetooth.
Also, the Hi-Res output (3 Alpha build 704) is failing and reverting back to the default output... is it just me?

Is quad DAC on when using poweramp?  Is the HIFI logo lit when using poweramp?  Turning HIFI off lowers the volume.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #1,043 of 4,141

Use your player, then swipe left until you see the player on the second screen. Spotify, SoundCloud both support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back