1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.
First

Back
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last
  1. FSTOP
    Thank you. :wink:
    Suppose that i should've taken your last statement as that of concession, childish as it was. (?)
    I am sorry if you took my first post as anything other than trying to show that it was just a hardware issue. Looking back, my second response was a bit mean, i admit. But mostly born out of the frustration of this thread diverting into 'beliefs' of loudness being understood as better SQ. I would like to know your thoughts on the AT bt headphones that you purchased, how they pair with v20?

2. UNOE
    It depends on app your using on v20. I used v20 as my source at can jam had my mojo with me was well used "USB audio player" and it works fine. Switches bitrate on mojo. I used dx90 and Shanling M1 as transport as well there not much different. I use the Shanling USB c to micro silver cable they sell for $20.

3. 329161
    Yes. The Mojo is being fed a raw digital signal and processing and amping it. It will sound the same if you use USB audio from a cheap smartphone.
    However, Re: the comparison between the Mojo and the v20, the Mojo will probably be able to power hard to drive headphones better, but the v20 is no slouch there. Arguably the proprietary dac of the Mojo is better than the v20. I personally think the Mojo sounds "fuller", but others may disagree.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  4. oliwek2
    This is what I thought. However same digital source connected with spdif/coax and with USB doesn't sound exactly the same on the Mojo.
    I was also rather appaled by the Hidizs AP60 used as a cheap USB source for the Mojo. But it was at a time when I used daily the V20, and the Mojo attractivity began to fade, to speak frankly.
    Now I should compare side to side with other sources on the same Mojo with same tracks, same headphones and same sound pressure (maybe this is irrelevant, I'm not sure).
    I'd like to hear other people commenting about different sources with the Mojo (or another DAC/headphone amp for that matter).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  5. cirodts
    Thanks for the advice, in truth I would like to buy a dac hifi, between musical fidelity v90 and mojo I want to decide.
    I would also use the mojo for v20 but is it worth using the mojo for v20 or does it just sound like mojo?

6. 329161
    Anyone know if/when the v20 is getting Oreo?

7. good sound
    That will depend on what country you live in and what carrier you are with as much as LG. My carrier here in Canada, Fido, has indicated that the V20 is not slated to receive the Oreo update, but the G6 is. Kind of funny that the first phone in the world to ship with Nougat on board will not be receiving the next Android OS in many markets.

8. 329161
    I have the AT& T version, but it's unlocked. I'm in Australia.

9. Emulle
    andrewwardell likes this.
  10. cirodts
    I buy today the mojo, hopefully it goes well with v20.

11. artpiggo
    I am about to suggest buying ifi micro idsd bl than mojo. But seems too late.

12. LightBlue77
    i would suggest buying none, no additional dac/amp for portable usage.

13. cirodts
    I would use the v20 around, but the v20 and mojo at home for better quality.

14. chowmanfu
    You need a broken cable. I use one that breaks into XLR and mini. I plug the broken mini in first to activate exterior mode, then plug in the main cable.

It doesn't activate the high-mode, but activates the mid.

If you want high, you must root the phone.

15. good sound
First

Back
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last