LG V20 Sound Quality
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #3,556 of 4,141
Hope you enjoy being "right".

Thank you. :wink:
Suppose that i should've taken your last statement as that of concession, childish as it was. (?)
I am sorry if you took my first post as anything other than trying to show that it was just a hardware issue. Looking back, my second response was a bit mean, i admit. But mostly born out of the frustration of this thread diverting into 'beliefs' of loudness being understood as better SQ. I would like to know your thoughts on the AT bt headphones that you purchased, how they pair with v20?

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #3,557 of 4,141
if the electrical digital signal is irrelevant, will the ak 380 with the mojo sound like the v20 with the mojo?
It depends on app your using on v20. I used v20 as my source at can jam had my mojo with me was well used "USB audio player" and it works fine. Switches bitrate on mojo. I used dx90 and Shanling M1 as transport as well there not much different. I use the Shanling USB c to micro silver cable they sell for $20.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #3,558 of 4,141
if the electrical digital signal is irrelevant, will the ak 380 with the mojo sound like the v20 with the mojo?
Yes. The Mojo is being fed a raw digital signal and processing and amping it. It will sound the same if you use USB audio from a cheap smartphone.
However, Re: the comparison between the Mojo and the v20, the Mojo will probably be able to power hard to drive headphones better, but the v20 is no slouch there. Arguably the proprietary dac of the Mojo is better than the v20. I personally think the Mojo sounds "fuller", but others may disagree.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #3,559 of 4,141
Any source fed digitally into the mojo will sound like the mojo...ie the same.
Would be a shame to have something like the v20 and not take advantage of it's audio capabilities.
This is what I thought. However same digital source connected with spdif/coax and with USB doesn't sound exactly the same on the Mojo.
I was also rather appaled by the Hidizs AP60 used as a cheap USB source for the Mojo. But it was at a time when I used daily the V20, and the Mojo attractivity began to fade, to speak frankly.
Now I should compare side to side with other sources on the same Mojo with same tracks, same headphones and same sound pressure (maybe this is irrelevant, I'm not sure).
I'd like to hear other people commenting about different sources with the Mojo (or another DAC/headphone amp for that matter).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #3,560 of 4,141
Thanks for the advice, in truth I would like to buy a dac hifi, between musical fidelity v90 and mojo I want to decide.
I would also use the mojo for v20 but is it worth using the mojo for v20 or does it just sound like mojo?

Apr 25, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #3,562 of 4,141
Anyone know if/when the v20 is getting Oreo?

That will depend on what country you live in and what carrier you are with as much as LG. My carrier here in Canada, Fido, has indicated that the V20 is not slated to receive the Oreo update, but the G6 is. Kind of funny that the first phone in the world to ship with Nougat on board will not be receiving the next Android OS in many markets.

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #3,563 of 4,141
That will depend on what country you live in and what carrier you are with as much as LG. My carrier here in Canada, Fido, has indicated that the V20 is not slated to receive the Oreo update, but the G6 is. Kind of funny that the first phone in the world to ship with Nougat on board will not be receiving the next Android OS in many markets.
I have the AT& T version, but it's unlocked. I'm in Australia.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #3,566 of 4,141
I am about to suggest buying ifi micro idsd bl than mojo. But seems too late.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #3,569 of 4,141
You need a broken cable. I use one that breaks into XLR and mini. I plug the broken mini in first to activate exterior mode, then plug in the main cable.

It doesn't activate the high-mode, but activates the mid.

If you want high, you must root the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back