1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.
First

Back
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
Next

Last
  1. cirodts
    good this cable? cavo.jpg

2. good sound
    What are you referring to?

Activating high impedance mode does not require rooting. It requires a 75 ohm adaptor and an extension cable. Plug the adaptor into the extension cable, the headphone cable into the adaptor and then all three into the phone. This will activate high impedance mode. Once high impedance mode has been activated you remove the 75 ohm adaptor leaving only the extension cable and the headphone cable attached to the phone.

This of course assumes you are using headphones with a nominal impedance of less than 50 ohms. If the headphone in use has an impedance value greater than 50 ohms, high impedance mode will be activated automatically.

This has all been established long ago in this thread.

Unless you are talking about something else.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. cirodts
    good this cable? cavo.jpg

4. Emulle
  5. good sound
    Excuse my skepticism and cynicism, but that thread doesn't offer all that much optimism either. As I stated previously, I am with Fido and on their site they have a list of all phones they carry and what upgrades those phones are expected to receive. When you scroll down to the V20 the Android 8 box is not checked like it is with the G6 and other non LG phones. When I contacted Fido they confirmed that LG informed them that they had no plans to offer Oreo to V20 owners. I certainly hope I turn out to be wrong. Nothing would make me happier as I have heard rumours that with Oreo there would be more steps to the volume and possibly the option of choosing which impedance mode you want.

6. Devodonaldson
    As good as any other android typical Android device. The issue with any streaming service is going to be Android native resampling audio prior to reaching the DAC. It does affect the sound. Will still sound pretty good, but certainly not optimal

7. Emulle
    No worries.
    All that I know is that one of the US carries, either Sprint or T-Mobile have confirmed Oreo is in the works for V20.
    Regarding different carriers and versions of the V20 I cannot say, to be frank I find all different carrier specific versions and other versions to be confusing.

As such I can only speak for the one I own, which is the international H990DS.
    Several LG e-mails have confirmed Oreo is coming, just not when.

Edit: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37250

8. cirodts
    are there any apps or some android bypass system?

9. good sound
    Ya, I live in Canader. We tend to get screwed a lot with these sort of things.

10. Devodonaldson
    USB audio player pro is an app that allows Tidal and Google play music streaming. This app allows your onboard music files as well as the Google play music and Tidal streaming music to bypass Android SRC. Outside of thst, no current android phone or tablet bypass Android SRC. Only DAP to do so is Hiby R6

cirodts likes this.
  11. oliwek2
    Hiby R6 is another example of an android device bypassing SRC though :wink:

[​IMG]

12. good sound
    Actually if using LG's own built in music player you don't need UAPP to bypass the Android SRC.

Also there are a couple of FiiO Android based DAP's that bypass the internal Android SRC. Not phones but they are Android devices.

13. cirodts
    thanks

14. Devodonaldson
    You are correct. When I wrote Device, I was thinking phone or tablet. I've been following the R6 thread so I'm with you on that one. I for one actually use a Sony Xperia Z3, on Android 4.4.4 with bitperfebit audio via USB. So Tidal, Spotify, or whatever I choose to listen to with a USB DAC.

15. LightBlue77
    for streaming services like tidal and google music you still need 3rd party apps like uapp or neutron to have direct access do internal hifi dac.

First

Back
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
Next

Last