LG V20 Sound Quality
Jan 5, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,741 of 4,141
Wat casing you are using for this V20?:grin:
Currently using this, same as my previous ip6 version:

be very careful cases with top flaps that have credit card  pockets will leave permanent lines on the screen that wont get out, so you have been warned. They will appear under lights when the screen is tilted

those lines appear when the screen gets a bit filled with finger prints, when u clean the sreen the lines will appear if they went away, but once your finger smudges that screen again those lines will come back at the exact location where the credit linings are

honestly i am wondering what type of glass is the lg v20 made of, or if there is a coating on it that leaves such permanent lines

this has been mentioned on xda as well and i have that problem myself

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,742 of 4,141
be very careful cases with top flaps that have credit card  pockets will leave permanent lines on the screen that wont get out, so you have been warned. They will appear under lights when the screen is tilted

those lines appear when the screen gets a bit filled with finger prints, when u clean the sreen the lines will appear if they went away, but once your finger smudges that screen again those lines will come back at the exact location where the credit linings are

honestly i am wondering what type of glass is the lg v20 made of, or if there is a coating on it that leaves such permanent lines

this has been mentioned on xda as well and i have that problem myself

Noted. Im using screen protector anyway.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,744 of 4,141
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3YRWY2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These screen protectors are highly recommended and also dim the screen a lot which is nice because it gets painfully bright to me. They also fit on the V10 but blur the front camera a bit (not a problem to me really)

Don't buy them if you don't want the brightness affected but i am pleased with the privacy function.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #1,747 of 4,141
Sounds average compared to?
YouTube I think is not known to hv high audio quality IMO

sound average meaning it does not have a obvious superb sound, the sound i listen to sound so dead, it does not feel like the singer is singing live.Maybe the problem lies in the app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flPfKj01vtk

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #1,750 of 4,141
Every V20 owner should treat themself to a pair of K's Earphone 64ohm ear buds. These things are less than $15 and they do 80-90% of what my HD6xx does. I'm floored. At 64ohm, they also trigger high impedance mode.

New K's Earphone 64 ohm Balanced High Impedance In Ear Earphone Earbud 64 ohms Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs Kill Monk Earbud
http://s.aliexpress.com/UFryiIjE
(from AliExpress Android)

I am sure ppl hace alr asked this about the k's. But how do they match to the monks? I have the candies~~

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,751 of 4,141
just noticed that V20 stock player has a [HIFI] indicator icon for each file, like this:

files with this indicator are played through SRC-less offload path (and maybe AVC enabled). files without it...
frown.gif

let's hope poweramp hi-res path support for V20 comes soon, it will make a huge improvement for V20.
for people who cannot wait, you can pre-convert your files to 24bit and use the stock player (or any generic player)

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,754 of 4,141
I am sure ppl hace alr asked this about the k's. But how do they match to the monks? I have the candies~~

I don't own the Monk's. Based on reviews, I skipped them and opted for a few pair that had more positive reviews (K's 64ohm, FaReal 64 Ohm, Toneking Tomahawk).

Most of the reviews for Monks say they are good "for the price". The K's are just good. They are on equal footing with my GR07BE. The GR07BE having better balance, whereas the K's place more emphasis on the mids and have a wonderfully smooth characteristic to their sound.

The Tomahawks lacked a great deal in the bottom end. This may be partly due to poor fit as they are so large that they don't sit in my ear well. The FaReals should arrive in a couple of days and I'm excited to see how they compare on the V20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back