LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 20, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,928 of 3,525
There's a reason it's cheap and cheaper. Not v20 but Google for "LG V10 bootloop of Death". Reddit already opened a petition for LG to admit the problem.

Is there a specific way to trigger this? I've the T-Mobile version on Android 6.0 (bought for $350 in February) and have not experienced such a thing. Sporadic, random occurrences I assume? Am looking at the V20 once I can find it for around the same price, so hopefully the V10 holds up until then.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #2,929 of 3,525
Is there a specific way to trigger this? I've the T-Mobile version on Android 6.0 (bought for $350 in February) and have not experienced such a thing. Sporadic, random occurrences I assume? Am looking at the V20 once I can find it for around the same price, so hopefully the V10 holds up until then.

seems to be a hardware issue with some LG phones that might have to do with heat..but it def does happen according to a few searches.

the big question is, how common is this issue? maybe you wont have to deal with it but it is a little concerning for me since i just ordered one.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #2,930 of 3,525
seems to be a hardware issue with some LG phones that might have to do with heat..but it def does happen according to a few searches.

the big question is, how common is this issue? maybe you wont have to deal with it but it is a little concerning for me since i just ordered one.

Heat eh? I don't game at all on mine. Hottest it gets is when recording video or watching youtube. Listening to music should be no problem at all. Perhaps I haven't pushed it to the point where the issues start triggering, and now I'll make sure I never do. 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2,931 of 3,525

It happens randomly. Mostly because the phone is overheated when CPU is too hot, then the molding between components and motherboard melted thus render the phone defective. Sounds unacceptable to a manufacturer like LG but **** happens. This also happened to LG G4 before. If you don't believe me, just Google for it.

Bottom line: it depends on luck. However my advice is to sell your v10 ASAP, get that fund for V20 and finger cross that LG isn't going to make a same mistake again and again.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2,932 of 3,525

It's widespread problem. Hundreds of people reported it here
https://m.reddit.com/r/lgv10/comments/4yao1s/v10_bootloop_please_report_in_this_sticky_thread/

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #2,933 of 3,525
Heat eh? I don't game at all on mine. Hottest it gets is when recording video or watching youtube. Listening to music should be no problem at all. Perhaps I haven't pushed it to the point where the issues start triggering, and now I'll make sure I never do. :tongue_smile:

It's just pure luck. Even v10s manufacturered in May 2016 still have that defect.

Sell and find another phone, or do regular backup. You can thank me later.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #2,934 of 3,525
I have not had any even close to heat problems with V10.

Sometimes during heavy use and holding it directly with any case... but.... it does get warm.

A thin case fixes this properly.

It is nothing like my BlackBerry classic which ws a hard warmer in the winter and force shut off itself during the summer for overheating.

PS I make a point once a week minimum to review my HWMonitor Pro graphs. I am very confident i know  what is using my battery.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2,935 of 3,525
I have not had any even close to heat problems with V10.

Sometimes during heavy use and holding it directly with any case... but.... it does get warm.

A thin case fixes this properly.

It is nothing like my BlackBerry classic which ws a hard warmer in the winter and force shut off itself during the summer for overheating.

PS I make a point once a week minimum to review my HWMonitor Pro graphs. I am very confident i know  what is using my battery.

It's just not the app that use the battery. There are many native processes and tasks run below, and the kernel itself sometimes can encounter deadlock which raises CPU to 100%. You can never be sure that you can stop that from happening.

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #2,936 of 3,525
It's just not the app that use the battery. There are many native processes and tasks run below, and the kernel itself sometimes can encounter deadlock which raises CPU to 100%. You can never be sure that you can stop that from happening.

To provide some closure to this issue I have found a couple things.

1. The used V10 i bought has a crap battery. It has an insane number of charge cycles on it. Whoever had it treated it poorly (The battery). Need to buy a new OEM battery and charge it properly.
2. WeeChat was running 48% of my battery. I now switch it offline when not in use. However, the blackberry could do the same and never break 10-15%... hmm.

oh well the sacrifices for running android i supposed.

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #2,937 of 3,525
I just bit the bullet and ordered a new LG battery, after buying a cheap one on eBay.

What's the recommended handling of these batteries? My understanding is to charge the battery to 100% the first time, run it down to <20%, and repeat.

Is this my best bet for keeping this battery alive?

Thanks

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #2,938 of 3,525
It's propaganda, maybe there's a bad batch, but I seriously don't think thousands of v10's are going faulty.
This petition and another one I have seen can't even break through the 50 mark, the other petition was on 6 last time I checked.

This one's on 19

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lg-v10-boot-loop-of-death
Not so bad for the thousands of v10's out in the wild now.
I bet half where bricked trying to root the phone. Lol
Anyway I'll report back when my phone loops.. my phone doesn't skip a beat.

I wouldn't be surprised is Samsung started the petition to take some the glory away from their latest explosive grenade phone. (Funny how this started right on v20 launching).

We should be grateful the v10 aren't going boom in our pockets like Samsung..:boom: there's a massive expensive Samsung note 7 recall going on right now.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #2,939 of 3,525
No boot loop yet, now that i posted it, im sure happen in a matter of minutes :)

I leave the SZ2000 at home but my mobile setup is etiher V10 and Monk or V10 and SZ1000. and I LOVE IT/

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #2,940 of 3,525
It's widespread problem. Hundreds of people reported it here
https://m.reddit.com/r/lgv10/comments/4yao1s/v10_bootloop_please_report_in_this_sticky_thread/

i counted about 60 bootlooped phones in a subreddit of around 3,100 subscribers.

im feeling a little bit more comfortable about my odds now actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back