LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #2,041 of 3,525
Just got my LG v10,so far so good..however the phone wifi signal is weaker than my nexus 5, while i can get good signal from my bed with nexus 5 the v10 drops considerbly:frowning2:
Did anyone had the same problem? Will factory reset fix this?!

I haven't had any problems with the WiFi radio yet. Maybe try resetting, and if that doesn't work, send it back/talk to CS.

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #2,042 of 3,525
Guys! A VERY important new for you all V10 owners!

Right today I found THREE methods to bug the headphones / device detection, keeping the DAC in High Impedance mode even with low impedance headphones! (the IEMs showed on this photo are my Sony MDR-EX450 and their impedance is 40 Ohms!) 

Immediately I recorded a video explaining the methods I found having success omn this task. To enjoy the full V10 DAC power withouth a jack extender it's just something... SO SUBLIME! I can't keep the maximum volume level for more than 5 seconds, and the Dynamic Range in so over powered in High Impedance mode!

Tomorrow, after school, I'll edit, render and (depending from how much free time I'll have) upload the video on my channel. Stay tuned on this thread or on my youtube channel (youtube.com/AngelHounds) to wait for the video release. The only problem is that I'll explaing how to do this... in italian. But of course you will see what I'm doing through the video and easily replicate those simple steps for your phone.

I found this "easter egg" (why not?) possibile by 'playing' with the auto detection and DAC activation of DAC Fix, the already well-known here free application you can get from the Google Play Store that unlocks the V10 DAC for all applications used on that phone.

Hope I'll be able to upload the video tomorrow, can't wait to show you how to trick the weak point of V10 software block regarding his amplifier! :basshead:

Hey when is this coming out because Im getting new headphones and it would be really useful

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #2,045 of 3,525
I've sang my praises for the LG v10s music capability so many times already. But as a phone, it's total crap!
I am unsure if this is a software or hardware issue. But 3 out of 10 times, the mic won't work when I make or receive phone calls. Anyone has similar problems in the past??? Please share your experience or solution. Thanks!!

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #2,047 of 3,525
Guys! A VERY important new for you all V10 owners!

Right today I found THREE methods to bug the headphones / device detection, keeping the DAC in High Impedance mode even with low impedance headphones! (the IEMs showed on this photo are my Sony MDR-EX450 and their impedance is 40 Ohms!) 

Immediately I recorded a video explaining the methods I found having success omn this task. To enjoy the full V10 DAC power withouth a jack extender it's just something... SO SUBLIME! I can't keep the maximum volume level for more than 5 seconds, and the Dynamic Range in so over powered in High Impedance mode!

Tomorrow, after school, I'll edit, render and (depending from how much free time I'll have) upload the video on my channel. Stay tuned on this thread or on my youtube channel (youtube.com/AngelHounds) to wait for the video release. The only problem is that I'll explaing how to do this... in italian. But of course you will see what I'm doing through the video and easily replicate those simple steps for your phone.

I found this "easter egg" (why not?) possibile by 'playing' with the auto detection and DAC activation of DAC Fix, the already well-known here free application you can get from the Google Play Store that unlocks the V10 DAC for all applications used on that phone.

Hope I'll be able to upload the video tomorrow, can't wait to show you how to trick the weak point of V10 software block regarding his amplifier! :basshead:

Where's this video?? Anyone seen this??

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #2,048 of 3,525
I have been using my LG V10 for 4 days now and I have to say that I personally love it. It has everything G4 lacked. People say that G4 had better battery life than V10, but I have to disagree. My G4 battery was always at below 15% after work day, but my V10 battery is alwasy at 50-60% after listening music for 10 hours nonstop, but it could be that I use the queue function to put bunch of cds to play. I have turned off secondary screen and keep the screen brightness at 20% (same as g4).

I love poweramp alpha, but it has also many bugs such as when you use queue function it shows completely random album art in the player windows when you open up the menu which has option to set sound, screen brightness etc. Also when you have not cleared your queue from the memory but have gone through it fully, the player will once in a while play completely random song not from even the queue and sometimes something from the queue even though you had listened it. The player also once froze for me that it just would not play certain part from song even though I had listened that song before without any issues.

Other issues I have had are google voice control turning on randomly even though I have set it to turn on only in hands free mode. Also when the phone is in my pocket and I drop something and I pick it up and stand up fast the music fades away for 1 second and fades back in, I am not sure why this happens or is this even poweramp related.

Lastly I got this adapter in the mail "MobilePal FlexFit Gold Plated Headset Audio Jack Extender"  and I have to say that there is no noticeable improvement with my Fidue A83. Only thing which I found that might have made it sound better that normal mode versus high impedance mode was that the volume in the latter mode was one step louder even though the numbers in the volume controls were obviously completely different.

Overall I love the phone and I am happy that I sold my G4 and got this as the V10 is such an improvement over G4. Build quality is better and most important part is that the sound is more enjoyable and it has the power to power any headphones without carrying those annoying bulky dacs in my pocket.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #2,052 of 3,525
  Any battery saving tips you all can share? I love my v10 but i burn through the battery and find a need to quick charge it 2 -3 times a day to keep it topped up.

I installed Greenify and used the non-root mode to put to sleep many of those apps that tend to keep the phone awake when the screen is off such as Facebook, Google+ etc. Not sure how good they are working since most of our V10's are non-rootable at this moment but I definitely noticed a considerable amount of improvement in battery standby time.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,054 of 3,525
  I installed Greenify and used the non-root mode to put to sleep many of those apps that tend to keep the phone awake when the screen is off such as Facebook, Google+ etc. Not sure how good they are working since most of our V10's are non-rootable at this moment but I definitely noticed a considerable amount of improvement in battery standby time.

I use an app called shutapp... its a little more stream-lined than greenify IMHO.  But it basically does the same thing to extend battery life.  Facebook is ALWAYS running in the background though.  I will probably delete it.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #2,055 of 3,525
  Any battery saving tips you all can share? I love my v10 but i burn through the battery and find a need to quick charge it 2 -3 times a day to keep it topped up.

Dim your screen, or use the auto-dim function.
Use program like greenify or shutapp to stop rogue apps from running in the background.  shutapp is my preference
turn off wifi / cellular signals while not using them.
Turn off the 32 bit DAC-everywhere app if you don't need it.

I use app ops to throttle back my app access.  I can't say for sure what kind of impact this has on battery usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back