LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,996 of 3,525
I don't see why not...
Since the V10 already has the Sabre 32 bit DAC and Amp already built in...why would you "need" to go external?

Maybe to connect a mojo in the future. So there are no reported issues yet for the usb dac amp function? Or no one has tried yet?[/quote] I am able to connect my V10 to my fiio e18 with no problems.

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,998 of 3,525
Wish I read this thread before switching to Verizon from ATT last month. I got the Note 5. Definitely would've gotten the V10. It had a $100 rebate from LG along with the Verizon promotions. Sigh...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #1,999 of 3,525
I was reading rumors about the LG G5, looks pretty promising. One thing, is the "magic port", or some nonsense. Rumored to be a slot where you can change the battery and/or add an external amp. I may take the jump if that is something that will improve the sound. If not, I'll go back to Sammy as it appears they are bringing back expandable storage, and hoping for removable battery. I'd love to go back to the Note series, especially if it has a hifi DAC.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136588-lg-g5-vs-lg-g4-what-s-the-rumoured-difference

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,000 of 3,525
I was reading rumors about the LG G5, looks pretty promising. One thing, is the "magic port", or some nonsense. Rumored to be a slot where you can change the battery and/or add an external amp. I may take the jump if that is something that will improve the sound. If not, I'll go back to Sammy as it appears they are bringing back expandable storage, and hoping for removable battery. I'd love to go back to the Note series, especially if it has a hifi DAC.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/136588-lg-g5-vs-lg-g4-what-s-the-rumoured-difference

Any idea when is g5 coming out?

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #2,004 of 3,525
Question: I recently got the AKG K271 mkii for around 80usd and paired with the V10 sounds amazing. I usisally listen between 30-55 volume. So I was wondering if I would gain any SQ if i added an amp, say the e11k

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #2,005 of 3,525
Question: I recently got the AKG K271 mkii for around 80usd and paired with the V10 sounds amazing. I usisally listen between 30-55 volume. So I was wondering if I would gain any SQ if i added an amp, say the e11k

I doubt it. The E11 should have more power, but it doesn't seem like you need it.

Jan 31, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #2,007 of 3,525
I doubt it. The E11 should have more power, but it doesn't seem like you need it.

My colleague happened to have his E11 with him today so I did a bit of testing (V10, E11, AKG K271).

I tested several tracks all 24bit 48KHZ (Hotel California, Halestorm - Love Bites, Distant Worlds - Dancing Mad) and here's what I noticed. Please take it with a grain of salt as i'm no audiophile and sorry if I used any terms incorrectly.

With the E11
  1. I felt a greater sound stage, airier and wider
  2. The background ambiance was a bit more present at the same listening level (From the first minute of Hotel California)
  3. Had more present bass, but not overwhelming
  4. Louder at a similar listening level. What I mean is, at a similar volume, more detail was brought out to provide better balance, like the background becoming more present

I did feel better to my ears with the E11, but not sure if it justifies me to purchasing an Amp for the V10. The newer E11k runs for between 60 - 70 USD here shipped.

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #2,008 of 3,525

My colleague happened to have his E11 with him today so I did a bit of testing (V10, E11, AKG K271).

I tested several tracks all 24bit 48KHZ (Hotel California, Halestorm - Love Bites, Distant Worlds - Dancing Mad) and here's what I noticed. Please take it with a grain of salt as i'm no audiophile and sorry if I used any terms incorrectly.

With the E11
  1. I felt a greater sound stage, airier and wider
  2. The background ambiance was a bit more present at the same listening level (From the first minute of Hotel California)
  3. Had more present bass, but not overwhelming
  4. Louder at a similar listening level. What I mean is, at a similar volume, more detail was brought out to provide better balance, like the background becoming more present

I did feel better to my ears with the E11, but not sure if it justifies me to purchasing an Amp for the V10. The newer E11k runs for between 60 - 70 USD here shipped.

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma

... I better try my E12 on this and use the v10 as a ''transport'' only. I must admit, really surprised by this observation.... Do you have Peter Gabriel's So? Talk Talk's A colour of spring? We compare notes... cheers

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #2,009 of 3,525
... I better try my E12 on this and use the v10 as a ''transport'' only. I must admit, really surprised by this observation.... Do you have Peter Gabriel's So? Talk Talk's A colour of spring? We compare notes... cheers

Unfortunately I do not have either of thosr songs and have returned the e11 to my colleague. Though let me know your findings.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #2,010 of 3,525
So, it seems that poweramp alpha drains the battery a lot quicker than the stock music app. or Tidal. Ill test more tonight or tomorrow, but this seems to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back