LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 16, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #211 of 3,525
When the battery runs out on your DAP after ten hours you can still make a phone call :wink:

That's why we have the option on the V10 to have a second replacement battery. Along with an external wall charger to charge it we would be all set to carry a 2nd spare battery.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #212 of 3,525
That's why we have the option on the V10 to have a second replacement battery. Along with an external wall charger to charge it we would be all set to carry a 2nd spare battery.

Yes I understand that. I'd guess it comes down to how we use our phones. I for one travel a lot and hate arriving to my destination with an empty phone. True though that both replacement battery as well as a power bank will eliminate this problem, finally :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #213 of 3,525
When the battery runs out on your DAP after ten hours you can still make a phone call :wink:

You do know the DAP usually are thick ? And so you can have a backup cover that has battery in it, which make it thick, but you can still call...:D

ZX2 power out is a little low, even though it can last for a whole day....like 25mw into 32 ohms load or something....and it is twice as much on the V10

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #216 of 3,525
Guys what you think about this http://www.meizu.com/en/products/pro5/hifi.html

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #217 of 3,525
Got mine yesterday.

608543D9-4EBF-4D67-BF09-E1135E644E86_zpskexhapms.jpg

52006126-D9A7-498C-AAE7-DF066CFA74A1_zpsq8isavew.jpg

74A7F78F-01F7-49E2-A388-EBA971DC3F20_zpsayktojlh.jpg

93A263A0-A121-4FE3-8B1C-8BB2849ECA6F_zps3z0dbwrc.jpg

Screenshot_2015-10-17-19-03-31_zpswpzvq9no.png

A064E77D-5840-45EF-A341-2B2B3040E3CC_zps6trsf7kw.jpg

The full manual control camera and HiFi DAC is indeed worth the hype. I ran Nova Launcher on top of the LG launcher and it is as snappy as a Nexus to me. I have a Nexus 6 before this.

Running it through its paces, I'm just glad my search for a connected Tidal-playing DAP is over.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #220 of 3,525

Good specs but I've heard their software is quite buggy.  LG has a more refined, albeit very customized UI. I would choose LG over Meizu any time.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #221 of 3,525

Good specs but I've heard their software is quite buggy.  LG has a more refined, albeit very customized UI. I would choose LG over Meizu any time.

Maybe so, but I'd still be very interested to know how the Meizu Pro5 and the LG V10 compare on sound quality.

I should also add that I'm impressed with how much attention to detail Meizu have lavished upon the Pro5, if their website is to be believed.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #223 of 3,525

Maybe so, but I'd still be very interested to know how the Meizu Pro5 and the LG V10 compare on sound quality.

I should also add that I'm impressed with how much attention to detail Meizu have lavished upon the Pro5, if their website is to be believed.

Audio should be good. The main problem is it looks like an iPhone clone. If I wanted an iPhone, I'd just get an iPhone. I wish they had more original designs. Not that it might bother you, but it bothers me.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #224 of 3,525
So guys, I finally got to try the v10 demo in the store.
Keep in mind this was just a quick impression since I couldn't load my own music for comparison. I walked in, hooked up my wifi,and plugged in my Sony xba h3s. Then I searched YouTube and started playing a couple of songs. The Korean employees didn't know what to do because I was a foreigner and they couldn't understand why I was listening to the phone.
I can't give a fair comparison to my hdp r10 since I could only use YouTube. But after 2 songs, I decided the sound quality is making this a definite purchase. The phone had an ultra premium feel compared to my note 2.once I get the phone, I'll post a comparison using the same files hdp r10 vs LG v10 plus using hidition nt6. I know it sounds like an unfair comparison but I wouldn't buy the phone unless I was impressed. It's refreshing to have a responsive ui, size, and all features which make up for any sound differences (minor) btwn my hdp.
I'm thinking the hdp r10 might be going for sale. Like I said, it was a quick demo so I will get back with more info once I get some time with it.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #225 of 3,525
So guys, I finally got to try the v10 demo in the store.
Keep in mind this was just a quick impression since I couldn't load my own music for comparison. I walked in, hooked up my wifi,and plugged in my Sony xba h3s. Then I searched YouTube and started playing a couple of songs. The Korean employees didn't know what to do because I was a foreigner and they couldn't understand why I was listening to the phone.
I can't give a fair comparison to my hdp r10 since I could only use YouTube. But after 2 songs, I decided the sound quality is making this a definite purchase. The phone had an ultra premium feel compared to my note 2.once I get the phone, I'll post a comparison using the same files hdp r10 vs LG v10 plus using hidition nt6. I know it sounds like an unfair comparison but I wouldn't buy the phone unless I was impressed. It's refreshing to have a responsive ui, size, and all features which make up for any sound differences (minor) btwn my hdp.
I'm thinking the hdp r10 might be going for sale. Like I said, it was a quick demo so I will get back with more info once I get some time with it.

Excellent news. I blindly purchased it to support Lg and to review for headfi fellows. It will be here next week. I will compare it to my ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back