LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #136 of 3,525
I'm in Korea now and have walked past stores seeing the V10 but didn't think much of it.  Then I come on here and find out all the specs are amazing.  I just got used to carrying a separate dap but this is my dream here.  Looks like my HDP R10 is going for sale and no more reading about the Onkyo player.  I told my wife yesterday how I am going to keep the Note 2 forever because there is no point in upgrading and I have a dedicated music player.  Guess that all changes now lol.  Hopefully I will post my first review soon. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #137 of 3,525
  I'm in Korea now and have walked past stores seeing the V10 but didn't think much of it.  Then I come on here and find out all the specs are amazing.  I just got used to carrying a separate dap but this is my dream here.  Looks like my HDP R10 is going for sale and no more reading about the Onkyo player.  I told my wife yesterday how I am going to keep the Note 2 forever because there is no point in upgrading and I have a dedicated music player.  Guess that all changes now lol.  Hopefully I will post my first review soon. 

Please do report back! 

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #139 of 3,525
  LG V10 ad (Jump to 1.56 for audio)

Thanks for share @obsidyen :)

Apart from sound capabilities, those video and sound recording features are really mind-blowing!

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #140 of 3,525

Thanks for share @obsidyen
:)

Apart from sound capabilities, those video and sound recording features are really mind-blowing!

Yes! I found more info on the V10, and it seems that it was designed for multimedia experiences, including the editing, capture, record music, movies, and photos.

However, the goods stop there. It graphic computing power is not as good for playing video games, or doing multiple heavy tasks in graphics.....and the such. The score on the graphic computing and speed is barely 3/5 as in V10/Note4.

Let's see how welcome the V10 will be. My guess is that in order to satisfy the audiophiles ad the selfies, Lg has left out another important section of customers, the geeks, and the gamers.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #149 of 3,525

I really doubt that V10 will be able to come close to HDP R10.
While reading the specs please keep in mind that R10 is based on the full-size Sabre chip while V10 will use much smaller, mobile version: ESS 9018C2M

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #150 of 3,525
That's what I was going to ask next. Maybe they will have a demo model that I can listen to first. Believe me, I love the sound out of my hdp but battery, size, and ui are causing me to search for something new. I guess I will hang on to hdp until the verdict is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back