LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 22, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #301 of 3,525
(Joking aside, I'd be reluctant to try rooting a brand new V10 using that tutorial, since it does not show real photographs/video of the phone being rooted - perhaps the blog-writer is theoretically assuming that the V10 will work using that method?)

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #302 of 3,525
  (Joking aside, I'd be reluctant to try rooting a brand new V10 using that tutorial, since it does not show real photographs/video of the phone being rooted - perhaps the blog-writer is theoretically assuming that the V10 will work using that method?)

Framaroot isn't dangerous it may worth a try.......

And as you sais V10 as just been released.......we need to give it some time

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #305 of 3,525
Lool maybe you but that's you !!

I'm still dreaming of a more portable solution to get the sound i want........Note4 + Mojo may sound amazing but remains too big

Not, if you were considering the heavy weight champs such as LCD X or Planar magnetic CANS. Heavyweight folks love those for the sound quality, the spacious nature of stages, and the luxurious materials that made it :D.

But for common folk who casually listen to music and stream, and with minimal collections of library. The V10 can drive many headphones :D

Mojo to be able to get up to HD800 in such a small package is amazing by itself.

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #306 of 3,525
Not, if you were considering the heavy weight champs such as LCD X or Planar magnetic CANS. Heavyweight folks love those for the sound quality, the spacious nature of stages, and the luxurious materials that made it
biggrin.gif

But for common folk who casually listen to music and stream, and with minimal collections of library. The V10 can drive many headphones
biggrin.gif

Mojo to be able to get up to HD800 in such a small package is amazing by itself.

As a dj i love music and i listen to music almost 4 hours a day with headphones (my neighbors suck so i can't push volume on my home sound system so often use headphone even at home). LCD X is wonderful and as you're saying it's already big. So being able to drive it well just with a LG V10 without adding any external dac/amp is like a dream :)

Honestly i don't see why someone would be interested by LG V10 if it's not because it represents an opportunity to avoid the use of external DAC/AMP combo........cause otherwise there are plenty of phones that have the same specs (except the ESS audio part) and could give the same result using an external DAC/AMP combo.......so any folk who isn't bothered by big size dac/amp should just buy any decent smartphone compatible with usb audio and add whatever dac/amp he wants........

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #307 of 3,525
I honestly don't think LCD X can be driven correctly with the V10 alone, however many more common headphones will be ok with it.

I meant that a Note 4 and Mojo will drive LCD X just fine, but I hear some people is reporting back that the HD800 is probably it boundary for the Mojo. This will be a whole another topic though.

V10 max out at 2Vrms 600 ohms load. Mojo is 4.2 Vrms at 600 ohms load ? It is double of what V10 can put out. This means that the V10 is currently the strongest output power in the smartphones category for real audio needs

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #308 of 3,525
Well we all have different needs and lifestyles.  I can understand why some people stack but for me it's not a portable solution. It's a sit in the living room chair solution. I already have a desktop dac/amp. So for me it's either a DAP or audiophile smartphone. It will either be the V10 or the S7 for me. The limitations might make me wait to see if the S7 gets an sd card and allows DAC streaming. We'll see. But knowing the android development  community we'll have a fix for this. I'd love to have a rooted phone anyway. It allows you to delete stubborn bloatware.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #309 of 3,525
Apparently the latest update is that the only app that can use the ess DAC is the stock music player, do no Spotify or other streaming apps. Everything else is stuck using the DAC built into the Snapdragon processor.

Unfortunately, most every android based DAP (and phones w/ dacs) does this. Even if you use an external usb dac/amp the only apps that work smoothly with it are ones like UAPP. Even Pandora skip/stutters on Android 5.0 with a usb dac. If LG didn't design the V10's enhanced sound to work with 3rd party apps, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for firmware to change that. I have yet to see ANY manufacturer do that for these type of devices.

I too wish all these phones and daps with good dac chips would work with other music apps but the only device I know of that might is Marshall's London smartphone (can't buy it in U.S. yet though so unable to confirm this personally). They marketed it as having a global EQ where its Wolfson dac chip is supposed to work with everything running on the phone. The phone is lower spec though but if it's improved sound truly works with other apps and if it's amp puts out enough power to drive decent headphones, the London may be the only current hope for an all-in-one audiophile phone.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #310 of 3,525
Generally, anything without an integrated DAC into it CPU will have the ability to fully utilize the DAC by another brand. Take Exynos for example....without the wolfson DAC there won't be any sound....lol, so in a senses all of the app will have to go through the Wolfson.

Mediatek is also another company which is trying to compete with Exynos....

The bad thing is that...Samsung screwed their latest phones up in the audio performance...my note 4 sounds like Xhit....that I never bother to even stream anything on it...rather does it from iPad or iPhone LOL...

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #311 of 3,525

Unfortunately, most every android based DAP (and phones w/ dacs) does this. Even if you use an external usb dac/amp the only apps that work smoothly with it are ones like UAPP. Even Pandora skip/stutters on Android 5.0 with a usb dac. If LG didn't design the V10's enhanced sound to work with 3rd party apps, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for firmware to change that. I have yet to see ANY manufacturer do that for these type of devices.

I too wish all these phones and daps with good dac chips would work with other music apps but the only device I know of that might is Marshall's London smartphone (can't buy it in U.S. yet though so unable to confirm this personally). They marketed it as having a global EQ where its Wolfson dac chip is supposed to work with everything running on the phone. The phone is lower spec though but if it's improved sound truly works with other apps and if it's amp puts out enough power to drive decent headphones, the London may be the only current hope for an all-in-one audiophile phone.

This is a very good point.  I could never get streaming or anything except UAPP when I tested out the dragonfly my Note 3.  

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #312 of 3,525
LG V10 off to mediocre start in South Korea

LG’s new V10 super-flagship packs many promising and unique features, but those don’t appear to be helping the handset strike the right chord with consumers. The V10 is apparently off to a slow start in its home country of South Korea and analysts are not confident about the phone’s future prospects.

According to data from market research firm ATLAS Research & Consulting, the LG V10 failed to break into the top 10 list of domestic smartphone sales during its first week of release, which is used as an indicator of consumer interest in a handset. The V10 only placed 15th between October 8th and 14th, while it was Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 that claimed the top spot. Other Samsung handsets, including the Galaxy S6, Grand Max and the mid-range Galaxy A5 also took places within the top 10.

LG has already dropped the price of its V10 to 700,000 won (US$615), but has only managed to keep pace with the falling costs of the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6, which are available at virtually the same price point. The company is also suffering from the effects of low cost competitors, who are offering high-end specifications at a lower price point than LG.

LG had been banking on its V10 to pick up its dwindling high-end smartphone sales this year. The company’s flagship LG G4, which launched earlier in the year, also underperformed following its launch in South Korea and LG’s earning expectations for the year have been cut by analysts as a result. LG has also slipped out of the top 5 list of global smartphone manufacturers in the last quarter, as lower cost brands like Huawei, Lenovo and Xiaomi continue to snap up market share.

Perhaps the LG V10 will find more success when it arrives in other markets?

Huh.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #315 of 3,525
sorry, It does talk about audio features

Direct the way you want to be creative, productive, and social with the LG V10. It’s built with the latest camera technology, including advanced video and audio features, so you can capture life and share with precision and ease. Key features include:

1. Superior video experience
  2. Second screen
  3. Dual front cameras
  4. 5.7” display with stainless-steel frame
  5. Up to 64GB internal memory*

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back