LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #331 of 3,525
I just ordered mine from T-Mobile today. Paid extra for overnight shipping so should have it tomorrow. Can't wait. I called my local T-Mo store but they said they don't have it or know when it's coming in, so I figured better to order it.

Even if LG doesn't release an update for global DAC access, it should still be a great device. I listen to a lot of Hi-Res FLAC needle drops of my vinyl, so the built in media player with ESS DAC/Amp should be better than the quiet Sony Z3 I've been using.

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #333 of 3,525
Let us know the full details on whether other apps work with the DAC and Amp. I will be all over this if so. Maybe there has been firmware updates to fix the issue.

There has been a couple people on xda saying the dac works for more than just the stock app.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #335 of 3,525
Did anyone on here get theirs today?

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #336 of 3,525
Did anyone on here get theirs today?

I was thinking to go grab it, after all it is a cheap price for a phone this good, 599$. Free 200gb micro sd , free charger and battery ? Awesome deal. But since that hifi DAC can only work with stock app, I am thinking I probably will just wait til Galaxy s7 ? I know for a fact that Exynos doesn't have integrated DAC, so the Ess will always be the default one...just like my note 4 now.

Actually, what if the S7 will sound just as xhitty as my note 4 regardless of it having a nice Wolfson DAC ? :D Samsung was not known of good audio quality

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #338 of 3,525
I was thinking to go grab it, after all it is a cheap price for a phone this good, 599$. Free 200gb micro sd , free charger and battery ? Awesome deal. But since that hifi DAC can only work with stock app, I am thinking I probably will just wait til Galaxy s7 ? I know for a fact that Exynos doesn't have integrated DAC, so the Ess will always be the default one...just like my note 4 now.

Actually, what if the S7 will sound just as xhitty as my note 4 regardless of it having a nice Wolfson DAC ? :D Samsung was not known of good audio quality

S7 USA going back to snapdragon

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #339 of 3,525
Who knows, maybe Sammy now that they have gone backwards removing the removable battery, external micro SD memory, and have managed to create every phone device that has an audio stage well below average.

What's next remove the screen?

Haha... Maybe shape the s7 long and round, as long as you can ring it, it may be useful.:yum:

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #342 of 3,525
Verizons website finally got updated about it and it is available to order. Im gonna have to bring some headphones into a veeizon store tomorrow and see if i can play with one.

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #343 of 3,525
Sad I know.  Even worse, there are reports that the 820 is overheating so Samsung said they have to fix the software or put in a "radiating pipe" on the S7.  But they are still putting it on both the China and USA S7 lol.

:D Lol I read about it the other days, but to have you to state it again, somehow it get even funnier. What is wrong with their Exynos ? Not good enough ?

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #344 of 3,525
Verizons website finally got updated about it and it is available to order. Im gonna have to bring some headphones into a veeizon store tomorrow and see if i can play with one.

Better bring in a huge headphones like the Z7. They know you don't play around, and you will obviously see the differences in the hifi DAC, how the stock Capp can access it, and non other apps can...even though hifi icon remains on. Toggles it on and off and you will know what I meant

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #345 of 3,525
Better bring in a huge headphones like the Z7. They know you don't play around, and you will obviously see the differences in the hifi DAC, how the stock Capp can access it, and non other apps can...even though hifi icon remains on. Toggles it on and off and you will know what I meant

I dont know. Other people seem to be pretty convinced that its not just the stock app. Hopefully firmware has been updated or sonething.

The only hard to drive headphone i have is the Q701, which is open back so it might not be the best way to test it in a noisy store. Maybe ill bring them and an my RE-Zero and see if they have a live demo i can try. Ill have to install spotify and sign into it and download something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back