LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #256 of 3,525
Not sure if the ATT business solutions guy knew what he was talking about or not, but I was just told the phone is being released here (in the U.S.) in October. When I asked him for his source he just said that all he could say is "it says it will be released in October." 

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #257 of 3,525
Not sure if the ATT business solutions guy knew what he was talking about or not, but I was just told the phone is being released here (in the U.S.) in October. When I asked him for his source he just said that all he could say is "it says it will be released in October." 

Yes, last week of October and or November first week. They try to get it to the states before the holidays

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #258 of 3,525
That's a nice storage case! Which one is this??

For the patient :wink:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Silver-8MicroSD-8MicroSD-Aluminum-Memory-Card-Holder-Case-SD-MICRO-T-FLASH/32238568635.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.155.8deXv9&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7_71_72_73_61_74_75,searchweb201527_2,searchweb201560_9

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Silver-3SD-8MicroSD-Aluminum-Memory-Card-Holder-Case-SD-MICRO-T-FLASH/32238584202.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.138.8deXv9&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7_71_72_73_61_74_75,searchweb201527_2,searchweb201560_9

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #259 of 3,525
Yes, last week of October and or November first week. They try to get it to the states before the holidays

I work for tMobile an we've got no word on the launch.

AT&T better not get it first, it already pisses me off they got the LG G Pad 10.1 II an we didn't

Either way, here's to hoping it hits stateside by the end of the month. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on an LG G2 yesterday. It was like $129 refurbished an $5.24 a month [I've got a L90 that costs me about the same monthly since I bought it last year -.-] so I guess I lucked out a little

Either way I'm excited for this device :D

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #260 of 3,525
  There is absolutely no way the S7 is going to have an SD card slot or removable battery.  So it can have the best processor in the world but it's still neutered. 

The problem was that with the S6 they used UFS 2.0 ROM, the storage is basically a micro SSD and insanely fast. And samsung couldn´t make it work with storage expansion, as it is whole different technology than the standard type of ROM (eMMC...it´s called, i think)

P.S. Open for corrections.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #261 of 3,525
I do not know if that is the correct reason why Samsung withdrew memory expansion support. Perhaps it is - I don't know.

However, Samsung are either stupid or arrogant, or worse, for designing phones without memory expansion - a large degree of their success in the mobile phone market has been because they were offering swappable battery and memory expansion. Ignoring this fact is simply shooting themselves in the feet, and they will continue to lose sales to other companies that are prepared to offer this functionality to customers.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #262 of 3,525
  I do not know if that is the correct reason why Samsung withdrew memory expansion support. Perhaps it is - I don't know.

However, Samsung are either stupid or arrogant, or worse, for designing phones without memory expansion - a large degree of their success in the mobile phone market has been because they were offering swappable battery and memory expansion. Ignoring this fact is simply shooting themselves in the feet, and they will continue to lose sales to other companies that are prepared to offer this functionality to customers.

Exactly. I was extremely dissappointed as I read the specs for the first time.
But it seems all classic brands are shotting their own limps, as HTC is making a mistake one after the other

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #263 of 3,525
Exactly. I was extremely dissappointed as I read the specs for the first time.
But it seems all classic brands are shotting their own limps, as HTC is making a mistake one after the other

Sony almost went down the same way. Luckily, they didn't....but their audio codec inside the Z5 is stupidly underpowered, and outdated...

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #267 of 3,525

The problem was that with the S6 they used UFS 2.0 ROM, the storage is basically a micro SSD and insanely fast. And samsung couldn´t make it work with storage expansion, as it is whole different technology than the standard type of ROM (eMMC...it´s called, i think)

P.S. Open for corrections.

Spot on, this would also requiere two memory controllers, more space, more battery, etc...

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #268 of 3,525
Does anyone know if there's different versions on this phone for different regions or just one?

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #269 of 3,525
Does anyone know if there's different versions on this phone for different regions or just one?

Spec wise there is only one version but they all have different LTE bands depending on the region.  Even the US has multiple versions for different carriers that have different LTE bands.  Some can overlap however so if Verizon US, for example, had the same bands as Norway you could use that version if you bought an unlocked version.  Verizon phones always come unlocked.  AT&T doesn't.  

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #270 of 3,525
Spec wise there is only one version but they all have different LTE bands depending on the region.  Even the US has multiple versions for different carriers that have different LTE bands.  Some can overlap however so if Verizon US, for example, had the same bands as Norway you could use that version if you bought an unlocked version.  Verizon phones always come unlocked.  AT&T doesn't. 

Thanks, that's what I expected. All phones I've ever had has been working well for me with LTE in the US as well so if I get an unlocked one that works in the US it would probably work in Norway as well.

Quite an expensive experience if it doesn't though......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back