LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #2,146 of 3,525
Well, I've joined the family.  Purchased an H961N dual-sim variant from Expansys.  I have the program for root already downloaded, and will download the app to turn the DAC/Amp on and off as soon as I get it.  Ships today, and I should have it before the end of the week.  STOKED!!

Im canadian too and i saw expansys is the only one selling it.

But the version they have doesnt work with Telus LTE. :frowning2:

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,150 of 3,525
My phone was supposed to arrive today, but when I check the UPS website, it says a flight delay has held it up in Sioux Falls, SD.  I have a class tomorrow that disability insurance is sending me on, and no one will be home to receive it.  Thankfully, I live next door to my Mother-in-law, we own a duplex and rent to her, and I'll get UPS to deliver to her.  I'll get it, and you guys are getting me excited to try this phone with PowerAmp Alpha and my Aurisonics Kickers.  I can't wait!
*edit*HOLY CRAP! I can't believe it. It's in my city already. 5:45am it was in Sioux Falls, SD. I just checked, and it departed my city. I might get it today! Stoked!

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #2,152 of 3,525
Alright.  What am I doing wrong?  I have the HiFi DAC app off the app store, and it shows the HiFi icon in the tool bar, but I'm not noticing much if any difference between stock DAC and the HiFi DAC?  I even have the volume cranked to 75 with my Aurisonics Kickers, which are 16ohm impedence.  Is there a setting somewhere that I have to activate?  Is there something I'm doing wrong with the app, I rebooted after downloading it, and have it set up to start on boot.  From everyone's description, it should be much louder and clearer than I'm experiencing.  

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #2,153 of 3,525
  Alright.  What am I doing wrong?  I have the HiFi DAC app off the app store, and it shows the HiFi icon in the tool bar, but I'm not noticing much if any difference between stock DAC and the HiFi DAC?  I even have the volume cranked to 75 with my Aurisonics Kickers, which are 16ohm impedence.  Is there a setting somewhere that I have to activate?  Is there something I'm doing wrong with the app, I rebooted after downloading it, and have it set up to start on boot.  From everyone's description, it should be much louder and clearer than I'm experiencing.  

Since they're low impedance, they're not triggering the high gain mode for the amp. Try detaching the cable, plugging just the cable into the phone, then attaching the earphones. If you go into the Hi-Fi DAC settings it should then say "An external audio device is connected" rather than "Normal audio device"

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2,155 of 3,525
  I get that screen, and it says the DAC is on, tells me the sound has been adjusted to the connected audio device, but I still have to crank it to 75.  Like the amp is not kicking in.  I'm using PowerAmp Alpha for playback.

On that screen, does it say "Normal audio device"?

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #2,157 of 3,525
I'll tell you what I see.

"Enjoy a more natural sound and a wider dynamic range. The sound has been automatically adjusted to the connected audio device." This is for the dual-sim H961N version of the phone.

Yeah, you're in normal audio mode, you're not getting the full power of the amp. Did you try the cable trick I mention before? It seems to work with a lot of headphones. If it works you'll it will say "an external audio device is connected" instead of the message you're currently getting

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,160 of 3,525
OMG! This might very well be end-game for me. It sounds fantastic with the HiFi DAC/Amp. I am impressed with what this does for my music with PowerAmp Alpha. Wide open soundstage, clear mids and highs, and authoritative bass. Loving it so far.

It really is impressive. I'm glad the trick worked for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back