LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Feb 25, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2,163 of 3,525
Since they're low impedance, they're not triggering the high gain mode for the amp. Try detaching the cable, plugging just the cable into the phone, then attaching the earphones. If you go into the Hi-Fi DAC settings it should then say "An external audio device is connected" rather than "Normal audio device"

Wait I have 10 ohm earphones without a detachable cable. Am i going to have this issue? How do i fix it?

I dont care for extra gain but i want the highest SQ i can get.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #2,168 of 3,525
The DAC Fix app works to activate the ESS DAC on all apps, but it doesn't do anything in terms of getting high gain from the amp. An alternative for those who don't have detachable cables (or don't want to keep using that method) is a headphone jack extender. You just plug the extender into the phone first, then plug your headphones into the extender. Something like this works:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ZK43S4Q/ref=sr_rp_1?m=A13PRKMVKLJGWH&ie=UTF8&qid=1456447241&sr=sr-1&keywords=headphone+jack+extender

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #2,170 of 3,525
The DAC Fix app works to activate the ESS DAC on all apps, but it doesn't do anything in terms of getting high gain from the amp. An alternative for those who don't have detachable cables (or don't want to keep using that method) is a headphone jack extender. You just plug the extender into the phone first, then plug your headphones into the extender. Something like this works:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ZK43S4Q/ref=sr_rp_1?m=A13PRKMVKLJGWH&ie=UTF8&qid=1456447241&sr=sr-1&keywords=headphone+jack+extender

Thanks, just bought one.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #2,175 of 3,525
So, the headphone extension gets the phone into high gain mode?

Yep, plug in the extension alone first, then plug your headphone in next. It will trick the phone into external audio mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back