LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Mar 13, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,126 of 1,179
Thanks Bros for the previous advice regarding keeping the phone cool. It's definitely a hardware issue. Basically if I push my phone harder like downloading something while watching YouTube, it gets warm! Playing Dominations for +10 mins it gets warmer to burning hot after 20 min mark and if I upgrade firmware I throw it in my freezer inside a Ziploc bag. Coz it gets burning hot after 5 mins.

I also avoid using the phone while charging and use the charging cradle religiously... So, it's better now. I am trying hard to prevent another bootloop problem.

Oh as for the gr01 sounding good with this phone, I agree wholeheartedly. But what really surprised me is how my old re01 sound with the v10. It is simply phenomenal^.^

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,127 of 1,179

Thanks!
Anyone knows the max output power of the headphone jack?

Also, LG says that DAC HiFi doesn't support the Bluetooth. Did I misunderstood them?

I wanna try tonight with my aptx headphone (UE9000).

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,128 of 1,179
Thanks!
Anyone knows the max output power of the headphone jack?

Also, LG says that DAC HiFi doesn't support the Bluetooth. Did I misunderstood them?

I wanna try tonight with my aptx headphone (UE9000).

SInce a DAC is a digital to analog converter - and Bluetooth is a digital transmission - no DAC will ever be used inside the phone when using Bluetooth. No matter which transmission codec is used. Aptx or aac etc - all these formats will arrive on your headphone in digital format, then the DAC in the headphone will decode it into analog and the headphones amp will push the analog signal to your transducers.

Cheers.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #1,129 of 1,179
Has anyone been experiencing problems with UAPP? When ever i play something after 30 seconds or so the song just pauses. I have disabled the high volume warning. I have looked at what happens when the music pauses and it shows the hifi dac has been stopped, so it might be a hardware problem i am not sure. This pausing problem happens way less when i use poweramp with UAPP it pauses every 1 minute or so. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #1,132 of 1,179
SInce a DAC is a digital to analog converter - and Bluetooth is a digital transmission - no DAC will ever be used inside the phone when using Bluetooth. No matter which transmission codec is used. Aptx or aac etc - all these formats will arrive on your headphone in digital format, then the DAC in the headphone will decode it into analog and the headphones amp will push the analog signal to your transducers.

Cheers.

Not necessarily. APT-X is based on Adaptive DPCM, and in subband ADPCM you catch the analog signal:
Before the digitization process, it catches the analog signal and divides it in frequency bands with QMF filters (quadrature mirror filters) to get two subbands of the signal. When the ADPCM bitstream of each subband is obtained, the results are multiplexed and the next step is storage or transmission of the data. The decoder has to perform the reverse process, that is, demultiplex and decode each subband of the bitstream and recombine them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_differential_pulse-code_modulation

Mar 14, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #1,133 of 1,179

It depends on your Headphone. With my 600ohm DT880, I could live without an Amp (it is already loud  enough at 70), an external amp would give it only slight improvements.

With 300ohms or below, no need, unless you want to "color" the sound.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,137 of 1,179

Not necessarily. APT-X is based on Adaptive DPCM, and in subband ADPCM you catch the analog signal:
Before the digitization process, it catches the analog signal and divides it in frequency bands with QMF filters (quadrature mirror filters) to get two subbands of the signal. When the ADPCM bitstream of each subband is obtained, the results are multiplexed and the next step is storage or transmission of the data. The decoder has to perform the reverse process, that is, demultiplex and decode each subband of the bitstream and recombine them.

Interesting. Maybe I am wrong but I understood that this only is used for communication. Not for audio transmission, as apt-x can use the digital source files directly and transcode rather than decode/encode. As outlined here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AptX

Anyhow - I don't know enough about it to dive too deep into it, found this part interesting:
 With the aptX audio codec source material is transparently delivered over the Bluetooth link, whether it is stored uncompressed or in an alternative compression (MP3, AAC, FLAC) format.
confused_face_2.gif

Cheers.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,138 of 1,179
Thanks Bros for the previous advice regarding keeping the phone cool. It's definitely a hardware issue. Basically if I push my phone harder like downloading something while watching YouTube, it gets warm! Playing Dominations for +10 mins it gets warmer to burning hot after 20 min mark and if I upgrade firmware I throw it in my freezer inside a Ziploc bag. Coz it gets burning hot after 5 mins.

I also avoid using the phone while charging and use the charging cradle religiously... So, it's better now. I am trying hard to prevent another bootloop problem.

Oh as for the gr01 sounding good with this phone, I agree wholeheartedly. But what really surprised me is how my old re01 sound with the v10. It is simply phenomenal^.^

My old GR01 went in the trash the other day. The first IEM I've ever broken. I was changing tips and the plastic back half just snapped right off on one of them and it broke one of the wires off when it happened. The IEM I'll be using the most now will be the RE-00 from massdrop. They sound great with one of the two vent holes blocked off.

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,139 of 1,179

The V10's dac and amp chips only work direct from the headphone out which is why they can't even be enabled unless the 3.5mm jack is occupied.

So, in the V10 at least, there's no way for Bluetooth to get an analog signal from the HiFi DAC and wireless audio won't be using any of the ESS hardware.

Other devices like the Chord Poly or Mytek Clef may work differently in that they will take data over Bluetooth then do the analog conversion. But you'll be using their headphone outputs.

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,140 of 1,179
Oh no, my phone is stuck on the frigen lifes Good boot screen, I'm feeling really really not good about this.

I have contacted the eBay seller QD_AU and am patiently waiting for a reply.

The phone is only 9 months old, and this is seriously pathetic that LG can not address this issue since the G4 model.
I wouldn't touch this model or any other LG product :pensive:. Shame on you LG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back