LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jan 17, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #1,111 of 1,179
Does anyone know how many mW the v10 gives in high impedance mode? Are there any measurements? I would buy it to pair with my Audeze Sine; I will trigger high impedance mode manually rooting the device because the audeze are only 20ohm but they need a lot of mW (like all the magneto planar headphones)

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #1,112 of 1,179
In high impedance or normal-but-rooted mode my V10 drives my AKG K7XX very well with plenty of loudness which will damage my ears. There are reports of people running Sennheiser HD800s and Audeze LCDs off the V10 so I have no doubt V10 will drive your Sines perfectly.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,113 of 1,179
In high impedance or normal-but-rooted mode my V10 drives my AKG K7XX very well with plenty of loudness which will damage my ears. There are reports of people running Sennheiser HD800s and Audeze LCDs off the V10 so I have no doubt V10 will drive your Sines perfectly.

Ok you convinced me ... in the next months I'll buy a used lg V10. Thanks for your answer

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #1,116 of 1,179
If you try poweramp Alpha, the EQ can deliver whatever you like, I find the phone is tuned flat without EQ (boring for me), this is normal on this level of audio. After I tweak the EQ to my liking this phone has fantastic bass, exactly to my preference.

Now I'm a little worried about the boot loop of death others have experienced, and appolagise for overlooking this problem, I hope I don't get it as well.

Can't believe it's not sorted from LG's previous incidents.
But so far this phone hasn't ever crashed, the most stable phone I have owned.
I never charge internally with quick charge, (the phone gets to hot) I wonder if the heat generated in QC helps cause this delamination of the IC's.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #1,118 of 1,179
Will be louder. But the whole impedance sensing things makes it tricky.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,122 of 1,179
I don't remember why but my old Vsonic GR01 have been out of my rotation for quite a while. I just plugged them into my LG V10 and this is sounding really good. I have no idea why I packed these away for so long. They don't trigger high impedance mode, and they definitely don't need to. At 30 out of 75 they are plenty loud and sound amazing. As long as this recent Verizon replacement doesn't boot loop or have image retention like my original suddenly got I plan to continue to use this phone for a while.

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #1,124 of 1,179
Late to the club,
But I just got my V10 last week and managed to try it last night with my DT880/600ohms.

I was impressed. Loud and clear, more poser than with my Sony A17/NX5 pair.

The sound is a little brighter though than the Sony/Toppings pair.

I'm seriously considering dropping the DAP and exclusively using the LG...

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,125 of 1,179
Welcome to the V10, it really is a great phone and DAP, and one that LG should be proud of creating.

I only wish they could unlock all bootloaders on all the current v10 models. Especially H962, please....:pensive:
This would kick off a mass development of usable ROMs for all models of this legendary phone. And then I will be able to update past 5.1.1. I really hope LG have the insite and visionary to allow this before the phones hardware is out dated. As I really get a great audio and user experience from this v10, and I have no intention of changing brands, and still highly recommend this great phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back