LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jun 17, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #1,156 of 1,179
Does 7.0 allow the music app's eq to become global, and work with Tidal app?

Sorry I dont use Tidal so cant provide info on this.

Jun 17, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,157 of 1,179
Darn, still waiting for the Nougat update for my Asian V10 (H961N from HK)...
Last update was last year (Lollipop), which is not ideal in terms of safety.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #1,158 of 1,179
Darn, still waiting for the Nougat update for my Asian V10 (H961N from HK)...
Last update was last year (Lollipop), which is not ideal in terms of safety.

I have the same unit as yours. Just install LG Bridge on windows and update it. It is about 1.8gb but you do not have to backup your files as they are not wiped.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #1,160 of 1,179
The V10 works very well with multi-BA IEM?

Of course, the V10 has plenty of power to handle IEMs. I use mine with 64 Audio U12s and Noble Katanas on my walks and they sound fine with the V10. If they're lower impedance you may need to trick the V10 into the higher power modes. Search the thread as there is lot's of discussion on how to do this.

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,161 of 1,179
I have the same unit as yours. Just install LG Bridge on windows and update it. It is about 1.8gb but you do not have to backup your files as they are not wiped.
I thank you for the advice, I missed your post, and only read it last week.

Upgrade went fine with LG Bridge, and Android 7.0 just works great. It is nearly stock Android, runs fast/fluid, they corrected a lot of V10 small bugs, and battery life is untouched versus 5.1.1.

As for files, most of them were untouched, I just had to reinstall a couple of apps due to the change of Android requiring different installation files.
My urge to get a V30 just went down, I may wait until it gets down to 400$, because I won't pay more than 500$ for a phone (my personal BS threshold for phones)

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,163 of 1,179
got mine fro here and it over heated and died in 3 days , decide to give it another go with a refurbished one from online store with 1 yr warranty fingers crossed i get a year out if it , truly awesome fone that is well worth the price if i can atleast have it for a year, so cheap, to bad they dont work

Nov 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,165 of 1,179
I guess the problem with many newer Android smartphones are all “heat and power efficiency”. This is the reason why Apple phones win in many market. The only android phones that don’t get so what up is the HTC 10 that I have, but still, if I use the video recording and tap forget about it , it would be burning hot

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #1,167 of 1,179
Hey, I just bought a used V10 at a reasonably cheap price, had heard a lot about how good the HO of it is, so am finally chosen this over a used Note 4 or M9. Now am very satisfied with what I get, physical condition is very good, on software side it was factory reset and is on Marshmallow.

Now, my question is:

I know of the risk of Bootloop on this device, which is really making this purchase kind of a gamble, so now I am looking around for a tricks to make it as safe as I could. I intend to open it up and add a fresh Thermal pad on the CPU like a lot of YT videos suggest (mine doesn't seem to have fallen to the Bootloop yet, so might as well), anything I need to be careful of from someone's been doing it?
Also, does updating to Nougat pose higher overall temps?

Other than that, for rlight now, at what temps is it usually deemed alright to be? Using CPUZ right now and the temps seems pretty reasonable, peaking at low 70 when gaming (pretty light one, not graphic intensive at all)and 40-low 50s at idle.
Is that a good temp to be in?

Mar 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,168 of 1,179
Hey, I just bought a used V10 at a reasonably cheap price, had heard a lot about how good the HO of it is, so am finally chosen this over a used Note 4 or M9. Now am very satisfied with what I get, physical condition is very good, on software side it was factory reset and is on Marshmallow.

Now, my question is:

I know of the risk of Bootloop on this device, which is really making this purchase kind of a gamble, so now I am looking around for a tricks to make it as safe as I could. I intend to open it up and add a fresh Thermal pad on the CPU like a lot of YT videos suggest (mine doesn't seem to have fallen to the Bootloop yet, so might as well), anything I need to be careful of from someone's been doing it?
Also, does updating to Nougat pose higher overall temps?

Other than that, for rlight now, at what temps is it usually deemed alright to be? Using CPUZ right now and the temps seems pretty reasonable, peaking at low 70 when gaming (pretty light one, not graphic intensive at all)and 40-low 50s at idle.
Is that a good temp to be in?

I bought my V10 on Ebay, new but actually I think it was tried out and then the decided to sell it -- but it was still under guarantee a year ago. When I got it, It ran hot and after a factory reset ran properly. At 10 months it bootlooped just like lots of people claimed. On guarantee sent it LG an they gave me a new one. The new phone was using a lot of battery drain and sent it to LG again with one month left in my 2 year guarantee and they replaced the motherboard and updated it to Oreo. Oreo is much better than Marshmallow. I think you can update it through the LG site using their LB bridge. Now it works fine. The DAC is very good and it is a well and smartly appointed phone with a good skin on Android. Good luck with yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back