LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jan 2, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #467 of 1,179
  I agreed the phone is very convenient to use if you want to listen to some music on the go, it pairs very nice with the JVC FX1100 and Dita Answer, it produce listenable sound,  but it is far cry from a dedicated DAP, personally I rather carry stack gears or a DAP to get better sound over convenience.
Maybe I expected too much, I rushed out yesterday got one after I saw this post.

JVC FX 1100 which has Impedance of 16Ω  but truly amazing HP,  can not trigger the  HI-FI Sabre Dac and probably, it may be  the problem that you are not impressed with its SQ but please download  DAC fix app "HI-FI everywhare'" and that will trigger the Sabre DAC and the AMP and also it is compatible  with all music apps and you may enjoy and appreciate the SQ of V10 paired with JVC FX 1100.It may help you.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #468 of 1,179
Little late to this party...

Just got my V10 and installed the ESS DAC Everywhere app.  Enjoying the tunes as I type this, although I won't really be able to put the little rig to the test until I get home tomorrow and plug in the HD650 and K701.  For now, I'm enjoying what I hear!!

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #469 of 1,179
Little late to this party...

Just got my V10 and installed the ESS DAC Everywhere app.  Enjoying the tunes as I type this, although I won't really be able to put the little rig to the test until I get home tomorrow and plug in the HD650 and K701.  For now, I'm enjoying what I hear!!

Seeing how you have Z7 as well. V10 and Z7 stock, out of the box, sounds very very good !

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #470 of 1,179
Took my phone with me on a vacation to Mexico,it really kicks butt. I use my trusty Ath M50 now that the aux mode engaged for more power and just love it, this is a great portable duo.Yes Dac fix does drain power faster,but there is no free lunch here.Just love the fact that I don't have to bundle an extra amp with this phone all the time like all others I've owned before this.

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #471 of 1,179
Took my phone with me on a vacation to Mexico,it really kicks butt. I use my trusty Ath M50 now that the aux mode engaged for more power and just love it, this is a great portable duo.Yes Dac fix does drain power faster,but there is no free lunch here.Just love the fact that I don't have to bundle an extra amp with this phone all the time like all others I've owned before this.

Exactly ! :D Now we need to see what is the next smartphone to do this as well

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #472 of 1,179
I'm wondering if there is a battery drain difference from having the Hi-Fi Everywhere Fix app on compared to actually using the 32 bit DAC only with it automatically engaging when listening with LG player and Tidal?
Will there be any change/difference in sound while listening to LG player or Tidal with the app on in the background?

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #473 of 1,179
I'm wondering if there is a battery drain difference from having the Hi-Fi Everywhere Fix app on compared to actually using the 32 bit DAC only with it automatically engaging when listening with LG player and Tidal?
Will there be any change/difference in sound while listening to LG player or Tidal with the app on in the background?

I'm noticing about 2% more drain per hour but battery usage shows that coming from Neutron. Have Neutron set to 64-bit processing, 32-bit output, resampling, and other settings for the best quality.

Otherwise, depending on the app, battery life should be very similar to stock since dac fix only keeps the dac/amp running in other apps just like the stock player.

I disable dac fix whenever I'm not playing music and the dac itself can still be turned off in settings too.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #474 of 1,179

.... Just extra Battery / batteries....

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #475 of 1,179
.... Just extra Battery / batteries....
:grin: Yup ain't that the truth, Dac fix or no, the battery is definitely on the weak side. Waiting for my promotional battery to arrive.:blush:

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #478 of 1,179
My battery life improved a lot after I installed a clean ROM without all the LG and T-Mobile bloatware. Also, it helps to have the 2nd screen set to only come on when the primary screen is off. With these changes my battery life is slightly better than my old Note 5.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #479 of 1,179
Anyone have any experience with MEE M6 Pro IEMs?

My SoundMagic E10S got snagged and the headphone pin got bent in half...managed to re-bend it back straight, but afraid to insert it into the LG V10 and possibly causing damage to it. Even worse, breaking off inside!

I ended up ordering a set of the MEE M6 Pros on Amazon for $40...after some lengthy research.
I hope I made the correct decision since I'm not a musician...as indicated good for on and off stage.
The idea of detachable cables was high on my list based on my experience with the SM E10S...just need to replace the cable if it ends up damaged.
It also comes with 2 cables, one with remote for controlling the V10 and one without.
The Comply eartips are another bonus!

Here is the link...http://www.meelec.com/M6_PRO_Musician_s_In_Ear_Monitors_p/ep-m6pro-cl-mee.htm

Any feedback good or bad will be appreciated.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #480 of 1,179
  Quick question..... V10 supports apple lossless, right? Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you mean by "apple lossless".  FWIW, The Verizon issue V10 does not support .m4A.

I downloaded a player called Poweramp for $3.99 and it plays .m4a files fine.  It also has a nice graphic EQ (flame suit ON) that I use for a ~3db gain at 31 Hz to help compensate for the natural roll-off of all my dynamic cans.

The ESS-Everywhere app works great.  With the Grado 1/8-1/4 adapter (which I need anyways for most of my cans) I can "trick" the OS into AUX mode.

Really good sounding portable package.  With the AUX mode and a db or two boost from the Poweramp preamp it has plenty of grunt to push my K701.  Listening to Brothers in Arms on my RS1 as I type this.

Awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back