LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #496 of 1,179
would there be a big difference in sound quality switching from an htc m8 to the V10 using just iems specifically the aurisonics harmony? I was wondering if it would be a good enough reason to get the V10. I know there are other great features of the phone but if we're talking purely sq wise. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #497 of 1,179
would there be a big difference in sound quality switching from an htc m8 to the V10 using just iems specifically the aurisonics harmony? I was wondering if it would be a good enough reason to get the V10. I know there are other great features of the phone but if we're talking purely sq wise. 

Moved from the M8 to a V10 and noticed sound quality improvements for both my Shure 846 and Aurisonic Rockets. Would like to hear the Harmony some day, and I'd imagine you'd hear a nice difference.

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #502 of 1,179
Went from an M9 to the V10 and it was a huge step up. The V10 is a true audiophile player in my opinion.

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #503 of 1,179
Went from an M9 to the V10 and it was a huge step up. The V10 is a true audiophile player in my opinion.

Absolutely! I don't think my review on the first page was taken seriously yet....lol...V10 in audio quality is the competition toward mid-tier DAP, and it is yet the best audio quality from a smartphone that works on USA let networks at the moment. I don't even think M9 was much of a competition at all....

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #504 of 1,179
Absolutely! I don't think my review on the first page was taken seriously yet....lol...V10 in audio quality is the competition toward mid-tier DAP, and it is yet the best audio quality from a smartphone that works on USA let networks at the moment. I don't even think M9 was much of a competition at all....

Agree 100 percent. The M9 was better than the Galaxy S4 it replaced for me and i was pretty happy with it, but it wasnt perfect. The V10 is much better. Better detail, better soundstage and seperation, completely black and silent background(M9 has some hiss), and much more power. Totally different league.

For the US carriers, especially Verizon, this is a first of its kind.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #505 of 1,179

there is no other phone that comes near the V10 for Sound Quality. I use to run a Xiaomi note which has a ess dac but always had to pair it with a amp!

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #506 of 1,179
interesting on 'dac fix' for this phone.
''When the Hi-Fi DAC setting is toggled, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s working.
The user has to listen for the switch (turning the setting off and on during audio playback)
to really know. LG screwed this up in my opinion.''
http://www.androidguys.com/2016/01/08/use-this-lg-v10-dac-fix-workaround-to-enable-hi-fi-through-any-music-app/

wonder if it's  a common issue on all phones...comments would suggest not.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #507 of 1,179
  interesting on 'dac fix' for this phone.
''When the Hi-Fi DAC setting is toggled, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s working.
The user has to listen for the switch (turning the setting off and on during audio playback)
to really know. LG screwed this up in my opinion.''
http://www.androidguys.com/2016/01/08/use-this-lg-v10-dac-fix-workaround-to-enable-hi-fi-through-any-music-app/

wonder if it's  a common issue on all phones...comments would suggest not.

.... From the other thread I commented I couldn't hear any difference. However, I DID try another on / off / on toggling. There is a Difference but very subtle in my setup.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #508 of 1,179
Curious... is there any way to diagnostically actually "see" what bitrate the DAC process is running at?  Maybe some sort of running script that displays bitrate?.... Perhaps in the Developer Options menu?

With 50+ ohm impedances the difference is night and day different.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #509 of 1,179

I made the same leap on the strength of the V10 reviews here, and I have to concur. The V10 is actually replacing my ZX1 as my on-the-go audio player, and that shocks me honestly.

It's night and day vs the M9 or any other phone I've tried in terms of audio. Just in general I like HTC better in terms of their smartphone software, but in audio they've been out done.

I did have to get the T-Mobile version of the V10 though, with the unlocked bootloader to bypass the bloatware, but I have it running fine on at&t.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #510 of 1,179
Absolutely ! V10 is a beast with beast hardware as CPU, Rams etc....the audio quality is considered mid-tier DAP quality, only that it doesn't offer balanced out. I doubt you can find any mid-tier DAP with this beastly "hardware" running android ! I dare you ! Lol.

Good thing though, Onkyo is releasing DP-X1 as a DAP that aims toward mid-tier to high-end audiophiles targets, which will be released in the US for $899.99....and it doesn't even have this beastly hardware :D hohohoho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back