LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Nov 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #256 of 1,179
if u install viper4android does it work with stock music app so u can tweak some eq settings in the stock player 

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #257 of 1,179
What do you have your V4A settings at?

I have to get them out of the profile. Dynamic bass set at 60%. Viper bass set to normal bass mode, set at max, which is 17%. Don't recall the other settings, I'll check them later.

Does the V10 offer a line out option?

No.

if u install viper4android does it work with stock music app so u can tweak some eq settings in the stock player 

Yes, it does.

Nov 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #258 of 1,179
I have to get them out of the profile. Dynamic bass set at 60%. Viper bass set to normal bass mode, set at max, which is 17%. Don't recall the other settings, I'll check them later.
No.
Yes, it does.

Thanks!

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #259 of 1,179
How does the LG V10 compare to the iPhone 6 plus in sound quality? I know the 32bit dac and amp is great news for LG but I wonder if the implementation of the hardware is good enough to beat the iPhone 6. Im considering getting the V10 and letting the iphone 6 go since I was looking expandable memory and larger screen in roughly the same size as the 6 plus, But I have always stuck to ios due to most android phones I have tried dont sound as good as iphones in the past. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #260 of 1,179
How does the LG V10 compare to the iPhone 6 plus in sound quality? I know the 32bit dac and amp is great news for LG but I wonder if the implementation of the hardware is good enough to beat the iPhone 6. Im considering getting the V10 and letting the iphone 6 go since I was looking expandable memory and larger screen in roughly the same size as the 6 plus, But I have always stuck to ios due to most android phones I have tried dont sound as good as iphones in the past. 

From my experience, non of my iphones could power my HD650, the v10 is the first phone that can properly power the 650s at mid volume 45-55. Also, I own a 123GB music collection, I've been buying CDs and now Hifi Music files for about 20 years, that in itself disqualifies the iphone in my case. I'm more than pleased with the sound Q after selling my Fiio e18 dac, i didn't see the need for it.

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #261 of 1,179
lenovo stepped in this territory as well with a new phone

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/11/16/lenovo-officially-announces-vibe-x3-features-stereo-speakers-and-21-megapixel-camera/

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #262 of 1,179
Nice, great to see another flagship with the ess DAC. Lenovo is windows based, correct?

ivanrocks321- I never heard the iPhone 6 for an extended period, but the V10 bests anything Android based, and is in par, if not better than most of the daps I've owned. Also better than my ipod touch 5g. I rooted it and am running V4A, using my asg g2, it's literally the best they have ever sounded, beating my AK240. Yes, I'm going from memory, but the difference is tremendous, the bass slam and treble extension is like I've never heard before.

Best bet would be to check it out in person. They will let you install any music app you like to give it a good listen. I will say, it's a night and day difference with V4A running. Without it, it's still better than any cell phone and my ipod. Amazing sound.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #263 of 1,179
For anybody who is interested in buying this in the UK, I spoke to LG today and they said it should be released in the next month and a half. A release date has not been finalised yet, but it is on LG UK's systems. Hopefully, this bodes well for a release in the rest of Europe.

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #264 of 1,179
For anybody who is interested in buying this in the UK, I spoke to LG today and they said it should be released in the next month and a half. A release date has not been finalised yet, but it is on LG UK's systems. Hopefully, this bodes well for a release in the rest of Europe.

That's great news, thanks for sharing!

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #265 of 1,179

At least you guys can get the Marshall London phone which is STILL not available in the U.S. Its lower spec in some areas but has some advantages over the V10 like the dual speakers and a volume wheel for the internal Woflson dac.

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #266 of 1,179

At least you guys can get the Marshall London phone which is STILL not available in the U.S. Its lower spec in some areas but has some advantages over the V10 like the dual speakers and a volume wheel for the internal Woflson dac.

Yea it would be a fun backup phone.  Specs are way too low for a daily driver though. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #267 of 1,179

Yea it would be a fun backup phone.  Specs are way too low for a daily driver though. 

The London specs are still better than most android daps and the build quality looks possibly better than the V10. Plus its smaller than the huge V10.

I'm just glad LG put the ESS chip in there. Hopefully it starts a trend that may lead to the end of expensive dap only devices (similar to how point-n-shoot cameras fell away due to improved cell phone cameras).

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #268 of 1,179
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #269 of 1,179
Once the bigger phone manufacturers start using them, hopefully it will catch on. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Hopefully Apple will and I'm sure they will market the hell out of it, or Sammy. Supposedly the S7 will, so hifi will get more exposure... In the end, we win.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #270 of 1,179

From my experience, non of my iphones could power my HD650, the v10 is the first phone that can properly power the 650s at mid volume 45-55. Also, I own a 123GB music collection, I've been buying CDs and now Hifi Music files for about 20 years, that in itself disqualifies the iphone in my case. I'm more than pleased with the sound Q after selling my Fiio e18 dac, i didn't see the need for it.

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about the V10 and it is supose to replace my NW ZX2, although the ZX2 should sound better, but least I can carry less one unit out and about.

Can you confirm that file format DSD64/128 along with flac 24/48 above will output as hi res quality sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back