LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Nov 17, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #271 of 1,179
Once the bigger phone manufacturers start using them, hopefully it will catch on. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Hopefully Apple will and I'm sure they will market the hell out of it, or Sammy. Supposedly the S7 will, so hifi will get more exposure... In the end, we win.

There are a few chinese manufacture that has a hi fi chipset, one to name is the vivo brand which is quite popular in china, already selling in china, LG has started this, I think it was the LG G2 or G3, but only support for upto 24/192 flac, not sure about other format, whiles some countries had the galaxy note 3 with wolfson chipset built in, and I think Lenovo also had a wolfson chipset in their yoga tab2.

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #272 of 1,179
just out of curiosity since the galaxy note 5 has the wolfson dac and supports hi-res then what all the hype about the lg v10 as I like wolfson dacs more than others as they give this warm sound 

unless there is something I am missing here, knowing i do not have 32 bits music files anyway

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #273 of 1,179
The power output is one huge difference.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #274 of 1,179
  just out of curiosity since the galaxy note 5 has the wolfson dac and supports hi-res then what all the hype about the lg v10 as I like wolfson dacs more than others as they give this warm sound 

unless there is something I am missing here, knowing i do not have 32 bits music files anyway

Many players have a wolfson chipset so it have the advantage of hardware support and read hi res music like DSD, Hi Res Flac and Hi Res Wav to name a few, this allow the phone to play these files, but they will only output at standard resolution upto 16/44.1 which is CD quality, what the V10 does it also output in true hi res quality.

Even without a wolfson chipset there are players that can also support hi res files, wolfson is a hardware audio decoding, whiles there are players like HF onkyo and hiby music player which are software base. I use hiby music player in my S4 mini to support hi res like DSD 64/128 and flac, and they play pretty well, although it's only standard resolution.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #275 of 1,179

Take it from me as I have note 4 Wolfson chip. It sounds like xhit period. Also V10 not only has a top tier ESS DAC inside, it also has dedicated amplification chip inside.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #281 of 1,179
How does the LG V10 compare to the iPhone 6 plus in sound quality? I know the 32bit dac and amp is great news for LG but I wonder if the implementation of the hardware is good enough to beat the iPhone 6. Im considering getting the V10 and letting the iphone 6 go since I was looking expandable memory and larger screen in roughly the same size as the 6 plus, But I have always stuck to ios due to most android phones I have tried dont sound as good as iphones in the past. 

From my experience, non of my iphones could power my HD650, the v10 is the first phone that can properly power the 650s at mid volume 45-55. Also, I own a 123GB music collection, I've been buying CDs and now Hifi Music files for about 20 years, that in itself disqualifies the iphone in my case. I'm more than pleased with the sound Q after selling my Fiio e18 dac, i didn't see the need for it.

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about the V10 and it is supose to replace my NW ZX2, although the ZX2 should sound better, but least I can carry less one unit out and about.

Can you confirm that file format DSD64/128 along with flac 24/48 above will output as hi res quality sound.

I own 39 hifi albums but no DSDs. Yes, the v10 can play back 24/48 files, most of my hifi files are 24/48 and above. I've noticed the different switch and without the dac turned on.

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #282 of 1,179
Hey sorry guys if this has already been answered definitively, i'm on mobile right now and is kind of crap to navigate. Wasn't able to find a clear answer on whether the hifi dac and Spotify are compatible yet. I'm picking up this phone later this afternoon and i'm stoked regardless!

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #283 of 1,179
Me neither, first time ever I wasn't really interested in a Sammy phone, was extremely disappointed. However, it worked out because had I purchased the N5,i wouldn't have this beast.

That's a very good point. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #284 of 1,179
so now i understand that the note 5 supports hi res but does not output high res, is the sony z premium the same as the note 5

dam this means i gotta listen to this v10 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back