LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Jul 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #391 of 633

I haven't had the Sig Pros in quite a while, but the Ultrasones as a whole is warmer and I find the level of clarity of the Enigma's to be superior from bass to treble. Imaging in particular is definitely improved as sometimes (on some genres) the SIg Pro's to me sounded a bit congested (i.e. the Sig DJs improved on this further as well). 

I definitely hear you with the "congested" feel of the SP's. They're not exactly bad per se, but it's almost like it doesn't sound right unless you can get yourself to stop thinking about it.

I'm not quite sure what to make of you saying that the SP's are warmer. I definitely like my headphones to have a visceral quality to them, a sense of weight. Would you say the Enigma performs well in this regard?

Thanks for answering my questions... The thing is, I know I'll probably love these, but I'd have to sell my Sig Pro's ahead of time, and it was pretty emotional buying them in the first place, lol...

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #392 of 633
Oh, I'm in an Enigma tour and I'm in northern Illinois (like an hour from the city). Where are you based?

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #395 of 633
They are so funny looking but I like 'em! I'm also using the HE560s right at this moment... :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #397 of 633
Both are extremely balanced across the spectrum. The Enigma is darker yet still very detailed. The 560 is more airy and tighter. Still tough to compare a closed phone and open phone. That's all I've got so far! More to come.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #399 of 633
Having owned the TH-900 previously and demoed the LCD-XC for a week with my 2A3 MKIV, I'd take my Enigma or Paradox slant over either.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #403 of 633
Just a heads up, I'll be receiving a review unit of the Enigma with in the next few short weeks. I'll be posting my findings on here via video and there will also be an Enigma article published on audio360 within a few weeks thereafter. The article will consist of findings from various audio360 writers from Michael Mercer to Scot Hall to Warren Chi. Some of the review will involve discussion concerning gear used and will compare the Enigma against other flagships.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #404 of 633
Wow thats saying something...can u please explain why is this so?

Staging, tonal balance, bass impact, less of a weird mids suck out than the others.

The TH900 is resolving as heck, but ultimately, I prefer the Enigma over either. It's just a darn pleasing can to listen to. 

They're a little laid back in the upper mids and there is a slight extra bass hump, but it all comes together amazingly well. These are the most listenable cans I've ever owned or auditioned extensively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back