LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Aug 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #421 of 633
So... Anybody new heard these yet? :D  I guess there are a couple floating around somewhere. Was supposed to meet up with somebody who had them, actually, but he called off the night before. (Bla!)

Yeah sorry about that...family emergency. But I'll have my review up soon as a slight consolation.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #422 of 633
Headfonics should have a review up soon since I lent one of their writers my pair.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #423 of 633
Headfonics should have a review up soon since I lent one of their writers my pair.

Yup! I have about half of it done and plan on finishing the other half and proofreading tonight.

Oh, Jimmy, I have sent then out and Tyler should be getting them Monday. I wrote rough notes about the sound and just need to turn them into actual sentences. (Also I have half a mind to buy them even though I really shouldn't because they basically just sound like a more refined W10VTG)

Aug 10, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #424 of 633
Haha, I hope that'll turn into a full mind of buying them! 

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #425 of 633
Look what I picked up from Luis at the LA Head-Fi Meet:

Paradox Enigma - Solemn Blue:

The finish on these headphones is INSANE! The photos cannot possibly do them justice. I need to do a video so you can see how the color changes depending on the angle of the light.

Luis told me that the Solemn Blue is REALLY hard to do and takes a LONG time to get right. Sorry Luis, but after people see this finish, I think you are going to regret doing such an amazing job on these. You may have to spend all your time doing Solemn Blue Enigma's!

More impressions on sound later, but I have already posted some impressions of the Enigma earlier in this thread...

For now, enjoy some photos:

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #426 of 633
You wouldn't be interested in trading someone for a Suji finish, would you? :)

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #428 of 633
You wouldn't be interested in trading someone for a Suji finish, would you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Umm... no, sorry.
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #431 of 633
ARRGHHH!!
I don't want to see more solemn blue pics!!!!!!!!!!!

(enjoying the sound of my Suji Enigmas... :wink:).

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #432 of 633
Ugh, I wish I knew about the Solemn Blue option when I ordered...

Still, it doesn't affect the sound, and I think the Suji finish is still really nice. 

Congratulations though, Darin! That pair looks amazing.

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #434 of 633
I got the review unit a couple of days ago. The review will be released in the upcoming future. The bass on these is nice, it's slightly forward but not annoyingly so. The mids shine on the Enigma, IMO. Excellent clarity and bass control.

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #435 of 633
I got the review unit a couple of days ago. The review will be released in the upcoming future. The bass on these is nice, it's slightly forward but not annoyingly so. The mids shine on the Enigma, IMO. Excellent clarity and bass control.

Gotta do a video review on these man..always enjoy watching those..and probably a shootout between ure paradox, alphadogs and the XCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back