Lexicon BD-30 Blu-ray Player (Oppo BDP-83 Clone) Review.
Jan 16, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same people who will buy speakers and not bother to properly set them up. The people that buy it for the name and THX title.

Funny thing with the "THX" title is that the lexicon/oppo does not meet THX specs so how can the lexicon rebadge possibly have a THX certification?

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by SB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny thing with the "THX" title is that the lexicon/oppo does not meet THX specs so how can the lexicon rebadge possibly have a THX certification?

$500 per unit sold licensing fee? I think they had planned it to and THX pulled it at the last minute as nothing but the front panel has anything about THX (no mention in the manual or otherwise).

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #21 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why 2 threads?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/bu...please-466901/

This is a review that shows/proves the lexicon is a rebadge oppo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight
I just read the review of the Lexicon BD-30 by Dr Ken and it is absolutely hilarious. That only proves that some audiophiles listen by the eyes.

That was pathetic and shows just how the high end "reviews" equipment. Dr Ken has lost all and any credibility, these units are 100% the same and yet he saw/heard a difference based on the fact that one of the players was a "lexicon".

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #23 of 94
Listen by eyes/brands/speculation/voodoo?!....In the audiophile community!?! Say it isn't so!
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #27 of 94
Jan 17, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #28 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just read the review of the Lexicon BD-30 by Dr Ken and it is absolutely hilarious. That only proves that some audiophiles listen by the eyes.

Lol, an anesthesiologist who whores out his credentials for reviewing audio? Well, if you can't cut it as a real surgeon...
tongue_smile.gif

In all honesty these doctors serve an important purpose and I have great respect for the rigorous nature of their jobs. But I don't think I'd ever consent to treatment from a doctor who, when moonlighting as a journalist (much less "Dr. Journalist") claims that there's no comparison of the Oppo and Lexicon unit because one is "heftier". That there is surely a decade of expensive education bearing its fruit.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #29 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice they disabled comments on that review.

se

Yeah, but fortunately, I read all the comments before the editor deleted all of them. Full of fun (and fail) to see them arguing that the better case and quieter CD mechanism justify the price difference.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #30 of 94
...I wish the mods didn't crush my post-title, though. (sigh. too much aggressive editing here at headfi)

also, why was it moved to 'sound science', the virtual graveyard of headfi? it will get no notice here, as a post; and doesn't even *belong* in sound sci.

mod who did this, please put it back where I posted it. I posted it there for a reason and not in sound-sci. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back