Lets Talk Metal
Sep 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #11,671 of 29,656
Sep 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #11,672 of 29,656
  I thought I'd post what music I walk around with in my phone.
cool.gif

Hmm, never participated in any other lists but I think this one is far more relevant to me.

Metal:
Chimp Spanner: All Roads Lead Here
Intervals: The Space Between
Between The Buried And Me: The Parallax II Future Sequence
Gru: Cosmogenesis
Rings Of Saturn: Dingir
The Faceless: Akeldama, Planetary Duality, Autotheism
Deafheaven: Roads To Judah, Sunbather
Bosse De Nage: III
Bilocate: Summoning The Bygones
Sophicide: Perdition Of The Sublime
Saille: Irreversible Decay
Dor De Duh: Dor De Duh
Xanthochroid: Blessed He With Boils
Sulfur Aeon: Swallowed By The Oceans Tide
Rolo Tomassi: Rolo Tomassi, Cosmology, Hysterics, Astraea
Carach Angren: Death Came Through A Phantom Ship, Ethereal Veiled Existance, Lammendam, Where The Corpses Sink Forever
Altar Of Plages: Teethed Glory And Injury
Caladan Brood: Echoes Of Battle
Haken: Visions
Virgin Black: Elegant... And Dying, Requiem Mezzo Forte

Plus tons of other not so metal, folk, classical, and jazz.

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #11,673 of 29,656
*insert list of the 130+ Metal albums I have on my DX50*

Not in this list are the 50+ Jazz and Classical/Scores albums I have on there.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #11,675 of 29,656

Hmm, never participated in any other lists but I think this one is far more relevant to me.

Hey, a fan of Virgin Black! That is nice to see

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #11,677 of 29,656

Metal:
Chimp Spanner: All Roads Lead Here
Intervals: The Space Between
Between The Buried And Me: The Parallax II Future Sequence
Gru: Cosmogenesis
Rings Of Saturn: Dingir
The Faceless: Akeldama, Planetary Duality, Autotheism
Deafheaven: Roads To Judah, Sunbather
Bosse De Nage: III
Bilocate: Summoning The Bygones
Sophicide: Perdition Of The Sublime
Saille: Irreversible Decay
Dor De Duh: Dor De Duh
Xanthochroid: Blessed He With Boils
Sulfur Aeon: Swallowed By The Oceans Tide
Rolo Tomassi: Rolo Tomassi, Cosmology, Hysterics, Astraea
Carach Angren: Death Came Through A Phantom Ship, Ethereal Veiled Existance, Lammendam, Where The Corpses Sink Forever
Altar Of Plages: Teethed Glory And Injury
Caladan Brood: Echoes Of Battle
Haken: Visions

Nice!

I'd put my list here, but seeing as I have about 400 albums on it I think I'll save you guys the trouble. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #11,678 of 29,656
Come on, Salyer is awesome. Maybe it's generational...if you didn't listen to slayer in the 80's you weren't legit. And they still rule in my book.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #11,679 of 29,656
Sep 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #11,680 of 29,656
I have only a couple albums on the iPod as I usually carry a Tb drive around with most of my metal collection and I forget to restock the pod
In the unusual event that I have a wifi I can access my entire collection over my server...but that rarely happens LOL

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #11,681 of 29,656

Nice. I'm guessing you already have Wish You Were Here, huh? I haven't heard any Moody Blues, but I'll check them out... King Crimson is a household name for Prog rockers. 
smile.gif

Wish You Were Here was the one disc I had...it was always my favorite. But, I grew up listening to PF...I'm old. The Wall came out when I was in HS and was a staple on FM radio. I've heard Dark Side so many times, that I avoided purchasing it until just recently because I'm almost sick of the songs. I'm a little like that with some Zeppelin. I love it. But, I've heard the songs ad nauseum. But, on a more resolving sounds sytem or w/ some nice HP, I still enjoy Us and Them, Brain Damage, Eclipse, etc. Tho, I confess to skipping the song-"Money"...

It's hard for me  to listen to Dark Side or WYH without feeling drunk or stoned as they were always played late at night at parties when I was a teen. What actors call sense memory. Ha, ha!

And of all the non metal classic rock bands (excluding bands like Sabbath, Zep, Deep Purple, Hendix) out there, I think many, many metal heads like floyd-you just see their influence from every prog metal group from Opeth to Nachtmystium to Enslaved, etc.

For any prog lovers out there like me who haven't investigated PF beyond Dark S and WYH, Animals and especially Meddle are great pick ups.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #11,683 of 29,656
So I finally got around to check out Immolation's latest....

I read this low rated review on Archives.

Talk about a disaster.

What garbage...

Lol. I love the album but I had to put in a ton of effort. I must have played it twenty times before I figured it out. Still maybe that's the charm is that their music has never ever been for everyone. Most of the reviews are much higher actually from a 75 to a 95.

They have never sounded like a clean audiophile band to me. Again that's the charm is visiting this dusty dark alternate universe where only they abide.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #11,684 of 29,656

Lol. I love the album but I had to put in a ton of effort. I must have played it twenty times before I figured it out. Still maybe that's the charm is that their music has never ever been for everyone. Most of the reviews are much higher actually from a 75 to a 95.

They have never sounded like a clean audiophile band to me. Again that's the charm is visiting this dusty dark alternate universe where only they abide.

Good One..

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #11,685 of 29,656

Wish You Were Here was the one disc I had...it was always my favorite. But, I grew up listening to PF...I'm old. The Wall came out when I was in HS and was a staple on FM radio. I've heard Dark Side so many times, that I avoided purchasing it until just recently because I'm almost sick of the songs. I'm a little like that with some Zeppelin. I love it. But, I've heard the songs ad nauseum. But, on a more resolving sounds sytem or w/ some nice HP, I still enjoy Us and Them, Brain Damage, Eclipse, etc. Tho, I confess to skipping the song-"Money"...

It's hard for me  to listen to Dark Side or WYH without feeling drunk or stoned as they were always played late at night at parties when I was a teen. What actors call sense memory. Ha, ha!

And of all the non metal classic rock bands (excluding bands like Sabbath, Zep, Deep Purple, Hendix) out there, I think many, many metal heads like floyd-you just see their influence from every prog metal group from Opeth to Nachtmystium to Enslaved, etc.

For any prog lovers out there like me who haven't investigated PF beyond Dark S and WYH, Animals and especially Meddle are great pick ups.

Definitely. I agree about Pink Floyd's influence. I actually don't think most people realize how much they helped pioneer in the Rock/Metal world. And yes, Meddle is incredible, "Echoes" is brilliant... and Animals is one of my favorite albums by them.

"Big man, Pig man, ha ha, charade you are, ooh"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back