Lets Talk Metal
Jul 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #10,471 of 29,647

martyr.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #10,477 of 29,647
I just got an email from Season of Mist telling me they didnt get enough copies of the limited splatter version of Septic Flesh's Esoptron :frowning2: so they are going to get me the grey version and a copy of the splatter version of Mystic Places of Dawn as recompense...I guess having the limited red and limited splatter for Mystic Places of Dawn would be neat -_-

Mystic Places of Dawn is sooooo good.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #10,478 of 29,647
Agreed on the Ulver. Kveldssanger was a great album. Even though they obviously strayed far from their BM roots, I liked some of their later electronic stuff-- primarily Perdition City, which I loved. Wild how many black metal bands moved into electronic music-- even Mayhem dabbled on Grand Declaration of War...

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #10,479 of 29,647
Quote:
Agreed on the Ulver. Kveldssanger was a great album. Even though they obviously strayed far from their BM roots, I liked some of their later electronic stuff-- primarily Perdition City, which I loved. Wild how many black metal bands moved into electronic music-- even Mayhem dabbled on Grand Declaration of War...

I guess what I meant was 'comparing older Ulver to newer, I'm not as much a fan of the newer stuff compared to the older' but I do think the more recent stuff is pretty good on it's own accord.  It's really like two different bands, and I've got a lot of respect for musicians that can pull that off the way they did.  Some BM bands can meld in elements of other genres pretty well, Carpathian Forest and Blut Aus Nord comes to mind.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #10,480 of 29,647
Quote:
I was a HUGE Chthonic fan back when Seediq Bale was released. It seems they've gone a lot more melodic and folky, which I don't mind, but I will always miss their more black metal sound. I still say Dani, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated drummers in the scene. 

Since we've been talking about them, I figure I'd leave this here.

\

And here's a useless little trailer.

First Gorguts and then this. Thank you dude.

I feel Ulcerate have the most EVIL SOUND in metal. Does anyone else share this opinion?

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #10,481 of 29,647
Quote:
New Revocation track is pretty badass: http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/07/11/exclusive-track-premiere-revocations-invidious-featuring-the-banjo/

Enjoyed Existence is Futile, didn't care much for Chaos of Forms, thought this one had some promise though. 

Btw, random: if anybody else is interested (and as enamored of Sigh's Imaginary Sonicscape as I am), there is an awesome vinyl reissue that's finally shipping out this week here. Preordered my copy exactly two months before the estimated delivery date of July 17th, which pales in comparison to the years I've spent looking for a vinyl version of this album... Can't wait!! 

Although I don't even have my TT set up at the moment... Boo bears. 

Oh my Oh my.. New Revocation, Ulcerate and Gorguts. Good year!!!

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #10,482 of 29,647
Quote:
One of my favorite albums, this and Kveldssanger.  Can't say I'm a huge fan of their newer sound, but they really made something epic in their early days...

Kveldssanger is one of my favorite albums of all time. There is no other Ulver stuff that I like as much

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #10,484 of 29,647
Quote:

Some new death metal for all of you... featuring the most ridiculously long one-word album title I've ever seen.

Chthe'ilist - Amechth'ntaas'm'rriachth

the sound was awful, but i enjoyed that, will be trying to locate a copy.  plenty brutal!

Quote:
Another record no one is talking about in here that ive been rocking alot recently is the new Chthonic, Bu-Tik

just got mine yesterday, only one listen but i like it...almost a bit of finntroll influence in there

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #10,485 of 29,647
The new Devils Blood album could have been sooooo good :'(
Instead it's just okay.
Oh I'll really miss this band.
The first time I saw them live will forever be burned into my brain. Pure magic.

The only more intense live performance I ever witnessed, was Triptychons appearance at Wacken 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back