Lets Talk Metal
Jun 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #10,051 of 29,682

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #10,053 of 29,682
Jun 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #10,057 of 29,682
Quote:
I've gotten a few requests for this, so here's Whoracle on vinyl. Colony will be next. Beware, this album costs a fortune.

http://www.metal-fi.com/in-flames-whoracle/

that price is crazy, man. that's why I'm Vinyl is one vice I'm staying away from.

Oh, snap, I know this is a pro vinyl forum.

Sacrilege.....hang the infidel!

OK-but $300 for a record?

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #10,058 of 29,682
I´m so jealous right now :frowning2: 
I could get a picture disc version of colony for a reasonable price, but I´m not sure yet. I don´t think waiting for a repress is worth it either as it won´t happen anytime soon it seems. Should I get it anyway?

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #10,060 of 29,682
Quote:

Gonna check this out. Thanks! :)

Glad to be of service, BMEkinu! They really were a pleasant surprise, and came out of nowhere, really.

Another scene I keep forgetting about with some gem acts is the scene quebecois! Here's another soul-sucking, emotionally-drenched tremolo-raging act.

On a side note, after reading so much about the glory of vinyls here, I'm hoping to invest in a vinyl rig! I have no idea where to start, really, but it appears that I now have a friend who works at guitar-center who can get me equipment at production prices, and maybe grab an equalizer while I'm at it (since I'll need a pre-amp anyhow!)!. It's a little amazing that the metal scene is so full of acts that still do vinyl. Anything I should be concerned about or pay attention to as I start this second branch of my audio journey? I know vinyl in the best cases lends dynamic range and punch to records, but I'm also aware that some vinyl remasters are just as compressed/****ty as their CD counterparts. Any tips or pointers or general comments how I know if a vinyl version is worth getting, what I should look for in a turntable, etc.?

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #10,061 of 29,682
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #10,062 of 29,682
Quote:
that price is crazy, man. that's why I'm Vinyl is one vice I'm staying away from.

Oh, snap, I know this is a pro vinyl forum.

Sacrilege.....hang the infidel!

OK-but $300 for a record?

No kidding. Fortunately most of the vinyl market is not like this. The problem is when extreme scarcity conspires with demand to drive prices to insane levels. More annoying is when you just can't find the album at all. I missed a chance to buy The Morning Never Came for about $75 awhile back, and I haven't seen another one since.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #10,063 of 29,682
Quote:

No kidding. Fortunately most of the vinyl market is not like this. The problem is when extreme scarcity conspires with demand to drive prices to insane levels. More annoying is when you just can't find the album at all. I missed a chance to buy The Morning Never Came for about $75 awhile back, and I haven't seen another one since.

I'm just playing w/ you guys. I know it's your passion and can spend your money however you want. I was just musing that the price for a record might be more than I spend for my Asgard 2!

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #10,064 of 29,682
The new Noctunus on clear is as expensive as I am going

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #10,065 of 29,682

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back