Lets Talk Metal
Jun 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #10,066 of 29,701
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #10,067 of 29,701
Quote:
I´m so jealous right now :frowning2: 
I could get a picture disc version of colony for a reasonable price, but I´m not sure yet. I don´t think waiting for a repress is worth it either as it won´t happen anytime soon it seems. Should I get it anyway?

I am a member of a classic rock forum with loads of vinyl heads.They say that the sound quality from coloured vinyl is poor.I cant comment but its worth taking into consideration.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #10,068 of 29,701

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #10,070 of 29,701
I am a member of a classic rock forum with loads of vinyl heads.They say that the sound quality from coloured vinyl is poor.I cant comment but its worth taking into consideration.

Picture discs and colored vinyl are very different beasts. And when it comes to these In Flames LPs the picture discs tend to still knock the socks off the CDs even though they aren't ideal.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #10,074 of 29,701
Quote:
Gojira vinyl re issues anybody?

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2013/06/14/gojiras-from-mars-to-sirius-and-the-way-of-all-flesh-seeing-vinyl-re-release/

insta-bought

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #10,077 of 29,701
I had mixed feelings about Construct. The harsh vocals were top notch, as usual, and the clean vocals have improved a lot. I used to not be able to stand that guy's singing but it's almost pleasant on Construct. But the album as a whole seemed kind of thrown together and didn't go anywhere for me.

And apparently Katatonia is working on a new album? Or rather, a semi-acoustic version of Dead End Kings: http://katatonia.com/2013/06/dethroned-uncrowned-new-album-project-launched/

Here's some gothic metal with good female vocals I just found... "hAnd"

http://handthe.bandcamp.com/album/deadroom-journal

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #10,079 of 29,701
finally got some new metal LOL...i'm really glad i'm not into vinyl or shopping like this would broke me...(i got another 10-12 albums in other genres also)

black sabbath, black dahlia, dillinger escape, fell voices, leucosis, altar of plagues, ash borer/fell voices split, leprous, QOTSA, immolation

only listened to sabbath and dillinger so far, great stuff from both of those guys.  waiting till late night to really listen to leucosis, i'm excited based on trogdor's review

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #10,080 of 29,701
finally got some new metal LOL...i'm really glad i'm not into vinyl or shopping like this would broke me...(i got another 10-12 albums in other genres also)

black sabbath, black dahlia, dillinger escape, fell voices, leucosis, altar of plagues, ash borer/fell voices split, leprous, QOTSA, immolation

only listened to sabbath and dillinger so far, great stuff from both of those guys.  waiting till late night to really listen to leucosis, i'm excited based on trogdor's review

Let me know....I can't imagine you won't totally fall in love with this record....seriously, "Grasp." Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back