Lets Talk Metal
Apr 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #5,911 of 29,651
Shamelessly posting before Negakinu, a new track from Carach Angren's latest! First thing I can say is that the songwriting here has vastly matured, and it's really brought the narrative atmosphere that CA is so good at to a whole new level. Everything flows so well, and the instruments really work together.

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #5,914 of 29,651
Finally got my copy of The Safety Fire's- Grind The Ocean.
absolutely stunning album, I would've loved for another track or 2, but with it being fairly short I can happily listen to it twice in a row

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #5,915 of 29,651
Haha I know I'm pretty late but I just saw the Vegan Black Metal Chef videos on youtube. Pretty creative and fun little project but I like my meat :)

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #5,916 of 29,651
Apr 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #5,918 of 29,651
 METALCORE DEATHCORE AND BREAKDOWNS RULES 
biggrin.gif

BTW, I have never been able to enjoy music videos.. I find them very distracting....

Quote:
Video for In Mourning's A Vow To Conquer The Ocean. Great song except for 5:05-5:25. One of these things does not belong.

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #5,919 of 29,651
Apr 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #5,920 of 29,651

Quote:
Video for In Mourning's A Vow To Conquer The Ocean. Great song except for 5:05-5:25. One of these things does not belong.

That's my favorite part of the song? 

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #5,921 of 29,651
For me anyway, Odelheim seems to have much of the great qualities of vintage Swedish Death Metal which are lost in current releases by other bands. The surprise is that an album like this can come out now. I guess it takes a band like Unleashed to release it now? 
Quote:

Somehow, I don'like the vocals :frowning2:

Well, the vocals are standard flair for the genre I think. A little like Immortal in the voicing and somebody else, I can't seem to put my finger on. I didn't like the vocals at first either. In extreme metal and really all vocal music it seems there is somehow some personal taste in regards to vocals. In the album Memorial by Moonspell I find the same issue with the vocals bugging me due to the "gravel" but with Unleashed if you continue to listen to the album the vocals have a rise in the middle of the voicing that is interesting.

I have been into extreme metal for years and almost obsessed with it for the last 12 years. Unleashed was maybe the only popular Swedish Death Metal band I somehow could not get into until now? I found that you kind of have to listen to a lot of CD spins of a new band to get used to  new vocals. In the end there is always a group of vocals you can never get used to, and some you like.

It's like when you meet somebody for the first time and don't like them, but after you get used to how different they are you become good friends in the end.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #5,922 of 29,651

Quote:
For me anyway, Odelheim seems to have much of the great qualities of vintage Swedish Death Metal which are lost in current releases by other bands. The surprise is that an album like this can come out now. I guess it takes a band like Unleashed to release it now? 

Well, the vocals are standard flair for the genre I think. A little like Immortal in the voicing and somebody else, I can't seem to put my finger on. I didn't like the vocals at first either. In extreme metal and really all vocal music it seems there is somehow some personal taste in regards to vocals. In the album Memorial by Moonspell I find the same issue with the vocals bugging me due to the "gravel" but with Unleashed if you continue to listen to the album the vocals have a rise in the middle of the voicing that is interesting.

I have been into extreme metal for years and almost obsessed with it for the last 12 years. Unleashed was maybe the only popular Swedish Death Metal band I somehow could not get into until now? I found that you kind of have to listen to a lot of CD spins of a new band to get used to  new vocals. In the end there is always a group of vocals you can never get used to, and some you like.

It's like when you meet somebody for the first time and don't like them, but after you get used to how different they are you become good friends in the end.

Agreed the guitar passages are excellent and I have to give them some more time.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #5,924 of 29,651

Quote:
Shamelessly posting before Negakinu, a new track from Carach Angren's latest! First thing I can say is that the songwriting here has vastly matured, and it's really brought the narrative atmosphere that CA is so good at to a whole new level. Everything flows so well, and the instruments really work together.

Youtube compression fracked the life out of the production though. Anyway, out the 18th of May! Send me your money

Btw, totally going absolutely pineapple on that Panopticon track. Ordered the album here: http://www.paganflames.com Hefty NSBM vibe though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back