Lets Talk Metal
Apr 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #5,926 of 29,676

Quote:

Youtube compression fracked the life out of the production though. Anyway, out the 18th of May! Send me your money

Btw, totally going absolutely pineapple on that Panopticon track. Ordered the album here: http://www.paganflames.com Hefty NSBM vibe though. 

Glad you like it!  Weird though, "Social Disservices", the album that song is from, doesn't seem to be there; i found the production on their earlier album "Collapse" maybe less mature than "Social Disservices" , but solid nonetheless (not to mention people hold different opinions, obviously). I haven't heard anything else, though. Hah, any website with pagan+vaguelyspiritual/volatileword always looks suspicious. :p BTW, the guy has a new album coming out too this year, so keep your ears peeled.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #5,927 of 29,676

Just Jesterday I was browsing through my playlist to find something to suit my mood. I was reading and wanted something to soundtrack my novel, looking for some dark ambient or minimal soundscapes to set the mood. I found this album by Lustre and put it on after clicking through the first track a bit, remembering I ripped it a while ago but never really gave it a chance. I can't even remember where I got it from, might've been this thread. :) After trying to read a few pages I noticed I couldn't focus on the novel because the music was just too beautiful and kept distracting me!

Tech death adepts need not apply though. This is some deep, dark and contemplative doom/black ambient. Repetitive and fuzzy with barely audible drums and some very deeply buried vocals in the mix. Every track his this certain apotheosis where an extremely simply yet sorrowful and catchy keyboard melody pops up, breaking the repetition at just the right point. Sometimes you hear a bird, wolf or nature sample fading in and out of the tracks making for a very introspective and relaxed listening. Dark yet uplifting, meditative and melancholic. Forest music.  

Album is called "A Glimpse of Glory" and has 3 tracks clocking in at about 40 minutes in total. For fans of old Burzum, Summoning, Mortiis, Necrophorus and similar repetitive, glacial black/ dark ambient bands. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #5,930 of 29,676

Quote:

Lustre

Perfect introspective music for a walk out in nature at night. (Not to be cliche, or anything, hah.)

@Trogdor: New Mgla album is pretty good, has that trademark riffing, but I wasn't so into it the first time I spun it, so maybe I need to give it another chance.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #5,931 of 29,676
Perfect introspective music for a walk out in nature at night. (Not to be cliche, or anything, hah.)

@Trogdor: New Mgla album is pretty good, has that trademark riffing, but I wasn't so into it the first time I spun it, so maybe I need to give it another chance.

Go back one album to Groza. You will be hooked for sure.

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #5,933 of 29,676

Quote:
Go back one album to Groza. You will be hooked for sure.

Thanks for the reccomendation!

@CCLemon: Haha, I've seen it before, but it's still blackeningly adorable.

Hey guys, there's this awesome guy at metal-archives, his name is STORMM, and he's an absolute reccomendation-machine. The guy is just full of excellent black metal reccomendations, and just ordered an album of such. Gem-in-the-rough, superbly written symphonic melodic black/death metal from 1999.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #5,935 of 29,676
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5,936 of 29,676
im not sure why Trogdor didnt share the wealth with everyone, but i cant get enough of this band he showed me. Hypno5e, that song on bandcamp is amazing http://hypno5e.bandcamp.com/track/acid-mist-tomorrow

Also the new Allegaeon comes out in may :D :D :D :D

I have been epic fail of late (ask DaveBSC). Between new employment, switching up notebooks, and general insanity, I have been sparse on posts. I am trying to catch up.

I really think Hypno5e's "Acid Mist Tomorrow" is an absolute stunning release. Its a bit of progressive metalcore (at least the vocals have that vibe) executed brilliantly. Experimental music like this can go awry very quickly. I encourage all the usual suspects here to check out Hypno5e's release.

Another one for Negakinu and friends, Ruins of Beverast (one of German's best kept secrets):

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #5,937 of 29,676

Quote:
Another one for Negakinu and friends, Ruins of Beverast (one of German's best kept secrets):

Tried Hypno5e, couldn't get into it. Not my thing I guess. Solid though! And while I loved Ruins' "Rain upon the impure", I couldn't get into "Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite". I don't know why really. :) 

Been listening to this a lot lately. 

Creepy occult black/death metal with a thunderous groove. Nothing visionary but just REALLY metal. :) Makes my chesthair grow. Black leather, vomit and blood! 

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #5,939 of 29,676
Ruins of Beverast is a really good band. I love all their albums for different reasons, but their debut is my favorite. "The Clockhand's Groaning Circles" is superb.

@Negakinu: To compliment that Lustre reccomendation, Panopticon created a split with another good black metal band "Wheels Within Wheels", where they went for a more introspective, atmospheric and lush sound. Very post-metal. The Wheels Within Wheels side is great too, whom are more saturated and crushing. I ordered the split on paganflames, hah. I'll have to check out that last band later, as I love Cult of Luna and co.

EDIT: **** it, i'll post that other song too, LOL

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #5,940 of 29,676
Well gents I am bored at work so will make my first post in this thread as I have a feeling I will be spending lots of time in it. Just give me some time to get used to everyone's posting style and vibe of the forum. 

Fav bands are post-BP Opeth, Job for a Cowboy and favorite singer ever is Jonathan Davis (jk lol)

@vaed nice Thy Catafalque avatar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back